• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Big Bang Theory

Left Coast

This Is Water
Staff member
Premium Member
If you have any other recommendations please let me know. I'm always looking for stuff that makes me laugh.

I love the show Mom. It's about a mom (shocker!) and her adult daughter and their friends who are all in AA together. Very cute and some good messages too.

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
I hate the laugh track.
Young Sheldon lacks one, & is better for it.

Btw, removing the laugh track from it shows
how dialogue is timed for the laugh track.
It's sort of a character of its own on the show.

Compare the cadence with non-laugh track shows...

Last edited:
Reactions: Vee

Nimos

So, who else has found themselves laughing like crazy watching the Big Bang Theory?
I'm so grateful for whoever wrote the character of Sheldon Cooper. I owe a lot to that person :D:D:D
Couldn't really get into that one, love Fraiser, Spin city, South park and the Simpsons :D

Nakosis

Non-Binary Physicalist
Premium Member
So, who else has found themselves laughing like crazy watching the Big Bang Theory?
I'm so grateful for whoever wrote the character of Sheldon Cooper. I owe a lot to that person :D:D:D

We have a Sheldon and a Leonard at my work who's personalities match.
We even had a Howard for a while. Everyone at work kind of identified, "Yeah, that's them." :D

Irate State

Äkta människor
Yeah, Big Bang's first three seasons are insanely funny, I watched it complete, tho not complaining about the rest of the seasons.
Other sitcoms I've thoroughly enjoyed are the British The I.T crowd and Silicon Valley. They keep the line of nerdy characters, but they're are not quite as naive as Big Bang's.

Brian2

Veteran Member

I avoid that show but not as much as I avoid Friends and Sex in the City.

Heyo

Veteran Member
I have only seen single sketches on YouTube (and they didn't motivate me to search for more). It's a show about allegedly very smart people acting very dumb. When trying to make a show about smart people, get a smart writer who can write smart jokes. (Like the Simpsons.)