• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Bidens first threat to America. Bring back Obummer care.

tytlyf

Not Religious
You mean Obama's bringing back a health care plan that's a threat to corporations? Good. I'll note you're undying support of your corporate overlords

Twilight Hue

Twilight, not bright nor dark, good nor bad.
Come and live in a civilised country in Europe for a year or two - you would soon shrug off the dogma.
The NHS is great, I get free medicine, free doctor's appointments, free ambulances,pre-natal, natal and anti-natal care is free, free operations, etc.
btw If I want, I can still go private and pay for my care.

Yes, I know my taxes are increased but my anxiety level is significantly reduced.
Thats the thing.

I, like so many others want and don't mind a universal healthcare system. Instead however, what we actually got instead, was a gargantuan insurance scam that people were mandated to pay for.

sun rise

The world is on fire
Premium Member
Why do right wing americans object so vehemently to less well off getting healthcare? I find it a sad state for a big section humanity to be so selfish
Yeah. Some people enjoy seeing people sick and dying. They revel in the terrible state of our health care compared to civilized first-world or even third world nations. They hate seeing poor people being able to afford health care. And they go totally apoplectic at the thought that Medicare might be added as an option for everyone because, of course, real competition is evil - we must keep the system where a few major corporations rakes in money and makes us poorer.

Altfish

Veteran Member
Thats the thing.

I, like so many others want and don't mind a universal healthcare system. Instead however, what we actually got instead, was a gargantuan insurance scam that people were mandated to pay for.
Because that's the only way they could get GOP backing

ChristineM

"Be strong", I whispered to my coffee.
Premium Member
Yeah. Some people enjoy seeing people sick and dying. They revel in the terrible state of our health care compared to civilized first-world or even third world nations. They hate seeing poor people being able to afford health care. And they go totally apoplectic at the thought that Medicare might be added as an option for everyone because, of course, real competition is evil - we must keep the system where a few major corporations rakes in money and makes us poorer.

How do i frubal this, from what is see it's spot on accurate but there is no frubal appropriate?

PureX

Veteran Member
Well, Obamacare was never eliminated, for one thing. So its not like Biden is bringing it back.

Also, greedy republicans ought to be happy. Continuing Obamacare is how the corporate oligarchs are going to make sure we never get medicare-for-all, or any other version of a single-payer national health care system.

Biden's just a moderate republican pretending to be a democrat. You could switch him out with Mitt Romney and no one would ever notice the difference,

Last edited:

ecco

Veteran Member

Before Obama came into office, the Repubs had many opportunities to get health care legislation passed. They didn't.

After ACA was passed by the Dems, the Repubs in congress tried over 70 times to revoke it.

What the courts will do is still to be decided.

But, please explain what you mean by a "gargantuan insurance scam" that "people were mandated to pay for".

MikeF

Premium Member
Well then don't do it then. ;0]
But then we are still left with the problem of a broken healthcare system. Something still needs to be done.

Here are some things to consider:
1. No one can afford to self-insure for healthcare except the very rich. None of us know at birth what chronic illness or disease may befall us in our lifetime. We all must have insurance.
2. The larger the pool of participants in a system, the lower the administrative cost per person, the lower the overall premium charged per person as the many relatively healthy fund the chronically or severely ill. Since none know whether chronic illness is their fate, it is best that all participate equally.
3. Take out the middlemen, insurance companies and employers. With employer based healthcare, the employee is at the whim of the employer as to the quality of insurance provided. In the last several years, employers have continued to shift rising insurance costs by increasing the employee's share of the cost burden in terms of increased employee premium share, deductibles, and co-payment amounts. If there is universal healthcare on a Medicare model, funding and features of healthcare are controlled by congress who are then beholden to the voters. What better way to ensure quality healthcare than to make it dependent on a politicians career?
As to insurance companies, if everyone is under one system, there is automatic reduction in administrative costs and profit margins.
4.Fund national healthcare as a sales tax. Everyone participates in the economy, and to have a small tax related to your share of healthcare premiums means everyone is paying for healthcare, whether they are here legally or not.
5. We know epidemiologically and actuarily that certain behaviors can increase risk of injury and morbidity. Sales tax on related items, such as alcohol and tobacco for example, could be higher. This has the two-fold effect of having those engaged in risky behaviors, pay for that higher risk activity, and then having to pay more may moderate that activity and result in changed behavior that lowers morbidity and chronic illness associated with that high-risk activity.

It's time to scrap it all and re-build from the ground up.

PureX

Veteran Member
It's time to scrap it all and re-build from the ground up.
Yes, but this is never going to happen because massive profits are being gained from this screwed up system. And the people making all that money are using it to bribe our politicians to make sure those big profits keep rolling in. It's why Americans are paying double for a crappy health care system compared to all the other modern nations with good, universal health care systems. The U.S. health care system is just another money pump for the rich. Like nearly every other aspect of survival in our modern society is (energy, communication, transportation, education, housing, ...).

Ponder This

The U.S. is ranked 15th in the world in terms of the quality of its health care.
So the complaints come when you compare the U.S. to other "comparable" countries (e.g. the top ten in the world), who, of course, the U.S. ranks behind.

I think reason health care reform fails in the U.S. is that, in general, the cost of health care in the U.S. is too high. The U.S. spends nearly twice as much on health care as comparable high-income countries. And the answer is not as simple as trying to adopt a similar system to those other countries.

Most people in the U.S. don't want to go the doctor. Why?

New Survey Finds Large Number of People Skipping Necessary Medical Care Because of Cost | NORC.org
About 40 percent of Americans report skipping a recommended medical test or treatment and 44 percent say they didn’t go to a doctor when they were sick or injured in the last year because of cost​

Keep in mind that the amount of public spending on health in the U.S. is about the same as other "comparable" countries. Meaning that all those public health programs in those other countries? The U.S. already pays about that much in public health already. It's the out-of-pocket cost in the U.S. which is so crazy. The out-of-pocket cost in the U.S. almost equals the public health cost! Like I mentioned before the U.S. spends "twice as much" on health care as comparable high-income countries.

Do "Some people enjoy seeing other people sick and dying"?
I think most people in the U.S. want everyone to be well and healthy and not have to pay exorbitant costs to do so, but what do big medical corporations want? And that is why Obama Care failed. It failed to address the primary problems:

health care in the U.S. costs twice as much as it does in other "comparable" countries, the U.S. has fewer practicing physicians than other "comparable" countries, and big medical corporations in the U.S. see the sick and injured as a cash cow. Obama care didn't offer real competition. Instead it provided a way to squeeze everyone for more cash. It's that simple.
The one that got away: Obamacare and the drug industry
When politician's receive money from big medical corporations.... what do you expect?
Democrat? Republican? Doesn't matter. Is a politician is receiving money from big medical companies? It's not hard to guess what happens next.

Meanwhile this:
Remarks by President Trump on Delivering Lower Prescription Drug Prices for All Americans | The White House

And meanwhile this:
Guess who the pharma industry is supporting for president - Drug Discovery and Development

QuestioningMind

Yea. Like we need to go through that all over again.

Biden’s Planned Health-Care Law Reboot Could Stall Under GOP-Controlled Senate

Well thats pretty much the first 4 years. Brace yourselves, we are going to ride that pathetic rollercoaster all over again it seems.

Remember back a bit?

Biden vows to bring back Obamacare's individual mandate penalty for not having insurance

No unconstitutional mandate! No!

How exactly is American threatened by having people not get kicked off their insurance policies for having preexisting conditions? How is America threatened by tens of millions of people having coverage who otherwise wouldn't?

Twilight Hue

Why do right wing americans object so vehemently to less well off getting healthcare? I find it a sad state for a big section humanity to be so selfish
Why do left wing Americans enjoy the practice of robbing Peter to pay Paul? There lays the catch as to why nothing gets done.

Twilight Hue

How exactly is American threatened by having people not get kicked off their insurance policies for having preexisting conditions? How is America threatened by tens of millions of people having coverage who otherwise wouldn't?
Because it never was about healthcare in the first place.

QuestioningMind

Because it never was about healthcare in the first place.

Really? Well, it DOES keep insurance companies from ending coverage for preexisting conditions and it DOES provide healthcare for tens of millions who wouldn't otherwise have it. So why are you so adamant that we need to get rid of it before a better solution is in place? What's the huge threat to allowing people coverage and doing away with preexisting conditions?

ChristineM

"Be strong", I whispered to my coffee.
Premium Member
Why do left wing Americans enjoy the practice of robbing Peter to pay Paul? There lays the catch as to why nothing gets done.

I see no robbery triails

But maybe its not robbery but different priorities

Are you saying things got done while trump was driving? I have seen America rumble down the world rankings. The way he handled the covid crisis goes down as one of the worst disasters in US history with massive unemployment and almost 1/4 million deaths. Thats doing something i suppose

Last edited:

Evangelicalhumanist

"Truth" isn't a thing...
Premium Member
That's easy! They might have to wait an extra 12 or 14 minutes to get their severely lacerated eyelash attended to because the doctor was busy dealing with a heart attack in someone who shouldn't have had one because he couldn't afford it!

Evangelicalhumanist

"Truth" isn't a thing...
Premium Member
Yea. Like we need to go through that all over again.

Biden’s Planned Health-Care Law Reboot Could Stall Under GOP-Controlled Senate

Well thats pretty much the first 4 years. Brace yourselves, we are going to ride that pathetic rollercoaster all over again it seems.

Remember back a bit?

Biden vows to bring back Obamacare's individual mandate penalty for not having insurance

No unconstitutional mandate! No!
Yeah! If you weren't smart enough to inherit daddy's money and can't afford your insurance, you don't deserve healthcare.

Your concern for you fellow humans is, um, a titch less than impressive.