• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Biden's ahead in Texas

Riders

This is not popularity. The votes say the race has tightened up and Biden has a slight lead over Trump.That usually doesn't happen because Texas is a Republican state .

But it's way early Trump will probably still take Texas But if Biden gets Texas he may win because Texas would be huge for Biden.

sun rise

The world is on fire
Premium Member
Texas has started trending purple over the past few elections so I'm not surprised.

At this point I just want it to be next Tuesday night - the anticipation is starting to get to me.

Twilight Hue

Twilight, not bright nor dark, good nor bad.
This is not popularity. The votes say the race has tightened up and Biden has a slight lead over Trump.That usually doesn't happen because Texas is a Republican state .

But it's way early Trump will probably still take Texas But if Biden gets Texas he may win because Texas would be huge for Biden.
People haven't arrived at the polls yet in person.

Stevicus

Veteran Member
Staff member
Premium Member
Texas has started trending purple over the past few elections so I'm not surprised.

At this point I just want it to be next Tuesday night - the anticipation is starting to get to me.

Arizona is getting that way, too - more purplish than red. Biden has a slight lead.

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber

Things will start looking different in a week after in-person voting. That's likely when the bulk of Rep voters will show up.

sun rise

The world is on fire
Premium Member
Things will start looking different in a week after in-person voting. That's likely when the bulk of Rep voters will show up.
One of the things just about everyone is assuming is that the vote is totally determined by party affiliation.

Of course most of it is, but a 5-10% change there would have a huge effect on the outcome.

Subduction Zone

Veteran Member
If Trump loses Texas it is all over.

And polls can be tricky. Last election I am pretty sure that some people were ashamed that they voted for Trump and lied about it. Now it may be the other way around. Some traditional Republicans may be ashamed that they are supporting Biden.

metis

aged ecumenical anthropologist
And the Pubs will do anything to stop Biden and curtail democracy, including banning all drop-boxes in all countries except for just one per country, with one of the counties (Harris) having over five million people in it. And how many other acts of voter suppression by the former "Party of Law and Order" have we seen recently.

Friend of Mara

The way it typically goes is that Republicans often (or at least sometimes I don't have the percentage) push harder in the actual election than the polls. I think this comes from a mix of democratic demographics tend to not vote in the same percentages as conservative demographics. There are several reasons. Young people tend to say they will vote but then don't for whatever reason. Secondly there are pretty much no republican majority sites where voting lines are too difficult to get in for. So you might have 100k people who want to vote but see an 8 hour line and go home because they can't be bothered to be out that long. That won't happen in republican zones. But it happens A LOT in democratic zones. In my state Florida we see this in Miami. There was a video of a guy early voting who was there at noon and the polls closed before he could get to the ballot box. I live in a 60/40 zone of republican control and my wait time was about 30 minutes and I went at 2 in the afternoon which was the peak time.

So unless Biden has a commanding lead I don't trust that he has a real shot at victory. Though Georgia is surprising me more and more. They might actually get a 2nd democrat senator.

Riders

The way it typically goes is that Republicans often (or at least sometimes I don't have the percentage) push harder in the actual election than the polls. I think this comes from a mix of democratic demographics tend to not vote in the same percentages as conservative demographics. There are several reasons. Young people tend to say they will vote but then don't for whatever reason. Secondly there are pretty much no republican majority sites where voting lines are too difficult to get in for. So you might have 100k people who want to vote but see an 8 hour line and go home because they can't be bothered to be out that long. That won't happen in republican zones. But it happens A LOT in democratic zones. In my state Florida we see this in Miami. There was a video of a guy early voting who was there at noon and the polls closed before he could get to the ballot box. I live in a 60/40 zone of republican control and my wait time was about 30 minutes and I went at 2 in the afternoon which was the peak time.

So unless Biden has a commanding lead I don't trust that he has a real shot at victory. Though Georgia is surprising me more and more. They might actually get a 2nd democrat senator.

Votes for Biden in Wisconsin are ahead too.

Riders

We shall see if Trump wins we will survive I am mostly worried about the environment.

Riders

Biden is ahead over all of it right now but Trump's folks will show up Tuesday so we can't know anything right now.