• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Biden's Administration Paying Contractors Not To Work

Koldo

Outstanding Member
Nice Click Bait isn't it.
Actualy I just massaged the title it should read Biden's administration paying contractors to not build the border wall.
According to Rodney Scott, who was border security chief for the present and previous adminstration, stacks and stacks of panels, hundreds of miles of fiber optic cabling,and cameras that are paid for and not being used. In addition at one point, the U.S. was paying $5 million per day to contractors to not build the wall.
Now the below link is from Fox News so some of you don't need to get your panties in a wad with your normal rants. The reason I used it is because it was of the interview with Mr Scott.
Biden's ex-border security chief: Under Biden, US pays 'to not' build the wall

Now if you don't turst what Mr Scott is saying you can read any one of the following:
Biden Spending $3 Million Per Day to Not Build Border Wall
Biden administration spent $2 billion 'not to build' border wall, Republicans say
https://www.lankford.senate.gov/new...-border-wall-debacle-demands-answers-from-top

Now for you CNN believers here is what they are reporting (obtained by googling "contractors paid to not build border wall"
Border wall construction: What happened when it froze - CNN

If you substitute either ABC, CBS, or NBC for CNN you get nothing close to what Mr. Scott is saying.

That's what you get when you don't have bipartisan support...

PureX

Veteran Member
Illegal border crossings.
It is not possible to fully enforce such laws. The wall would not have succeeded, and neither would ANY OTHER MEASURE we could try. It would cost trillions, and still we could not keep people from getting across the border illegally.

Also, something you need to consider ... I mean REALLY need to consider is that the wealthy elites that control both the republicans and the democrats do not want to stop illegal laborers from entering the U.S. They want the cheap labor. Even if they don't hire them, themselves, just the fact that they are around keeps everyone else's wages lower, AND gives us all someone to blame (besides the people paying those low wages). So you can moan and whine all you want about Biden and the democrats, but your precious republicans are just as bought and paid for as any of them, and will do nothing REAL or EFFECTIVE to stop illegal laborers from entering the U.S., even if some magic mechanism were invented that could stop them.

So in the end all you're doing is blaming the wrong people, and seeking solutions that don't exist, just as the people who are really responsible, want you to.

ecco

Veteran Member
Now for you CNN believers here is what they are reporting (obtained by googling "contractors paid to not build border wall"
Actually, the article you linked is more about the environmental damage caused by preparation for wall construction.

From the article, Trump was building wall segments in the middle of nowhere. If completed, they would have more impact on the movement of wildlife than on illegals.

However, we do see thousands of migrants coming into this country by crossing a slow-moving section of the Rio Grande. Why, in his four years, didn't Trump build a wall there?

sun rise

The world is on fire
Premium Member
That is just your opinion. My opinion says we need someway to control the border.
Of course it's just my opinion.

As to controlling the border. We need a sane policy from A to Z about people who want to enter the US - we don't have that now. Second we need policies that implement the laws about entry that actually work outside of an East German free fire zone all along the border. That wall is a joke and easy to get over, through or under.

Heyo

Veteran Member
Actualy I just massaged the title it should read Biden's administration paying contractors to not build the border wall.
According to Rodney Scott, who was border security chief for the present and previous adminstration, stacks and stacks of panels, hundreds of miles of fiber optic cabling,and cameras that are paid for and not being used. In addition at one point, the U.S. was paying $5 million per day to contractors to not build the wall.
Now the below link is from Fox News so some of you don't need to get your panties in a wad with your normal rants. The reason I used it is because it was of the interview with Mr Scott.

Now if you don't turst what Mr Scott is saying you can read any one of the following:
Biden administration spent $2 billion 'not to build' border wall, Republicans say
https://www.lankford.senate.gov/new...-border-wall-debacle-demands-answers-from-top

If you substitute either ABC, CBS, or NBC for CNN you get nothing close to what Mr. Scott is saying.
Where's the problem? Ultimately Mexico is paying for the wall, so the money isn't lost.

sayak83

Veteran Member
Staff member
Premium Member

The wall should be demolished entirely. Hope it happens.

Spirit of Light

Be who ever you want
No what I want is the laws of this country enforced and if it takes calling out Biden so be it.
Also see my response to post #6
Did you call out Trump when he made errors? or does Trump have other laws he can live by?
(I do not critique your view on Biden or dems, only want to know if you were just as critical to Trump as president?

esmith

Veteran Member
Did you call out Trump when he made errors? or does Trump have other laws he can live by?
(I do not critique your view on Biden or dems, only want to know if you were just as critical to Trump as president?
There are a few things that President Trump did that I did not agree with.
The reason I didn't feel it necessary to comment on them on this forum was because there seemed to be copious amount of criticism and by the time I got around to reading it the original theme of the post was long gone. Whereas pointing out the faults of Biden is nil and next to none on this forum no matter how much he screws up.

Spirit of Light

Be who ever you want
The reason I didn't feel it necessary to comment on them on this forum was because there seemed to be copious amount of criticism and by the time I got around to reading it the original theme of the post was long gone. Whereas pointing out the faults of Biden is nil and next to none on this forum no matter how much he screws up.
Thank you for your reply @esmith
May it be that many people especially in America are happy to not have Trump as the president due to how he was boosting his ego all the time, Whereas Biden has a low-key attitude about himself. So people tend to accept minor lapses even in a nice President?

esmith

Veteran Member
Thank you for your reply @esmith
May it be that many people especially in America are happy to not have Trump as the president due to how he was boosting his ego all the time, Whereas Biden has a low-key attitude about himself. So people tend to accept minor lapses even in a nice President?
Minor? Do you call the Afghanistan debacle minor, do you call the crisis at the border minor.
Better check your Funk and Wagnalls for the definition of minor.

Spirit of Light

Be who ever you want
Minor? Do you call the Afghanistan debacle minor, do you call the crisis at the border minor.
Better check your Funk and Wagnalls for the definition of minor.
Did not both those start a long time before Biden took office? Who asked for the withdrawal of Troops?
Who made a wall that keep falling down at the border?

Is it a crisis that poor people want to get into America to maybe get a better life?

Last edited:

PureX

Veteran Member
The problem is that you get your information from right wing media blowhards that bend every story and even outright lie to slander Biden, and democrats, and liberals, and foreigners at every opportunity. The reason you find yourself alone in echoing all this slander is because most of the rest of us here do not get our view of reality from right wing propagandists.

Also, Biden is a bumbling, aged, political hack. But he is far less dangerous to the country and to our individual well being than Trump. After Trump, even an aged bumbling political hack feels like a vast improvement, and easily forgivable.

esmith

Veteran Member
The problem is that you get your information from right wing media blowhards that bend every story and even outright lie to slander Biden, and democrats, and liberals, and foreigners at every opportunity. The reason you find yourself alone in echoing all this slander is because most of the rest of us here do not get our view of reality from right wing propagandists.

Also, Biden is a bumbling, aged, political hack. But he is far less dangerous to the country and to our individual well being than Trump. After Trump, even an aged bumbling political hack feels like a vast improvement, and easily forgivable.
I have only one word for you.....bullcrap....

Spirit of Light

Be who ever you want
You're the only one being fooled by this right wingnut nonsense.
He was fooled by this :confused:

p_1000128661.jpg

Thats a new one :p

Koldo

Outstanding Member

It is always the same...
Back when Obama was the president, @esmith kept creating those topics about him all the time.
When Trump became the president, he went completely silent.
Then Biden is the president now, and once again he keeps creating those topics all the time.

Spirit of Light

Be who ever you want
It is always the same...
Back when Obama was the president, @esmith kept creating those topics about him all the time.
When Trump became the president, he went completely silent.
Then Biden is the president now, and once again he keeps creating those topics all the time.
Maybe he found something in Trump and his politics that made him happy? mostly when we are content with a situation we become silent

Koldo

Outstanding Member
Maybe he found something in Trump and his politics that made him happy? mostly when we are content with a situation we become silent

In a way I think you are correct, but there is likely something else on top of this: When the other side messes up I make it newsworthy and when my side messes up I pretend nothing happened. Do you get what I am saying?

Spirit of Light

Be who ever you want
In a way I think you are correct, but there is likely something else on top of this: When the other side messes up I make it newsworthy and when my side messes up I pretend nothing happened. Do you get what I am saying?
Yes I do get what you saying.
I can not speak for Republicans or Democrats in America for that matter, but from my P:O:V here in Norway it seems like many Republicans are afraid of changes. it seems they think nobody else can govern the country.

I could of course be wrong.