• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Biden unveils plan to vaccinate 100m, deliver $1400 stimulus payments

Stevicus

Veteran Member
Staff member
Premium Member
Biden unveils plans to vaccinate 100M, deliver $1,400 direct payments - UPI.com

Jan. 14 (UPI) -- President-elect Joe Biden on Thursday unveiled plans for streamlining COVID-19 vaccinations nationwide and a new stimulus package including another direct payment to Americans.

Biden detailed a two-part plan during a speech from Wilmington, Del., pledging to administer 100 million COVID-19 vaccines by the 100th day of his administration and provide $1,400 payments to Americans.

"It's not hard to see that we are in the middle of a once-in-several-generations economic crisis, with a once-in-several-generations public health crisis," he said. "The crisis of deep human suffering is in plain sight and there's no time to waste. We have to act and we have to act now."

Biden said his plan would seek to allocate funds to help launch a national vaccination program. He called the current administration's vaccine rollout "a dismal failure."

"We'll have to move heaven and Earth to get more people vaccinated, to create more places for them to get vaccinated, to mobilize more medical teams to get shots in people's arms, to increase vaccine supply and get it out the door as quickly as possible," he said.

Additionally, the plan would seek to provide funding to provide America's K-8 schools with increased testing and transportation, additional cleaning and sanitizing services, protective equipment and ventilation systems to allow them to fully reopen safely.

Biden said his plan would provide $1,400 in direct payments to Americans -- fulfilling Democrats' goal in the last stimulus plan to issue $2,000 checks.

Well, sounds good to me. A good step in the right direction.

Sunstone

De Diablo Del Fora
Premium Member
Might not be politically doable without a chunk of the voters loudly demanding it. Can't hurt to write to our Senators, Congresspersons, and newspapers.

EDIT: I almost forgot. Governors, too. They'll have access to Biden himself and a say in who in the Senate supports it. Probably who in Congress, too.

TIP: Conventional wisdom says a brief, hand-written letter makes the bigger impact. If that's not your thing, a typed letter, then a phone call (to whoever answers the office number) come next. Emails last. Me, I sometimes do all three -- letter, phone call, and email. Keep it brief.

Last edited:

esmith

Veteran Member
I'm not complaining that have received both stimulus payments and will probably receive the next one if it passes.
I just don't understand why for following reasons.
I recieve Social Security payments, military retirement, and must take a IRA distrubtion every year except this one (government said due to pamdamic wasn't going to be required).
Now I do pay federal and state income taxes on all payments but why do I need a stimuls check?