• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Biden to unveil gun control measures, appoint ATF chief

We Never Know

No Slack
Just like laws against theft have eliminated stealing!

I take it that you, too, would be in favor of abolishing the current legal code and its overarching system of government altogether?
Actually I think firearm background checks need to be stricter and include medical history which would show treatment for emotional and mental instability.

Thief

Rogue Theologian
Actually I think firearm background checks need to be stricter and include medical history which would show treatment for emotional and mental instability.
ahhhh no

one of the lastest problems was performed
by someone doing the routine and waiting the legal limit to buy the gun

there would have been nothing to stop him

or maybe.....someone with a gun to return fire

Thief

Rogue Theologian
all too often I see .....America....compared to it's own wild west

so......why do we not actually participate?

We Never Know

No Slack
ahhhh no

one of the lastest problems was performed
by someone doing the routine and waiting the legal limit to buy the gun

there would have been nothing to stop him

or maybe.....someone with a gun to return fire

Which goes back to this post

Many mass shooter's purchased their gun within weeks of the shootings. Some through private sales that don't require a back ground check and some through other loop holes.
In my opinion all firearm sales even private should require a background check.

Mass shooters exploited gun laws, loopholes before carnage

We Never Know

No Slack
my point.....it WAS over the counter
with a waiting period
Do you know the history of the person? Were they ever treated for any emotional or mental instability?

Would a background check that included medical records for any treatment of such put up a red flag?

Thief

Rogue Theologian
Do you know the history of the person? Were they ever treated for any emotional or mental instability?

Would a background check that included medical records for any treatment of such put up a red flag?
If it were a private sale......would I ask?
and would he say so?
and my report would be to whom?

at the point of sale......I judge to guy to be sane?

over the counter.....the crazy guy would fess up on the form?
THAT would be crazy

We Never Know

No Slack
and would he say so?

and would he say so?

over te counter.....the crasy guy would fess up on the form?
THAT would be crazy

Which is why I said....

Which goes back to this post

Many mass shooter's purchased their gun within weeks of the shootings. Some through private sales that don't require a back ground check and some through other loop holes.
"In my opinion all firearm sales even private should require a background check."

• Gun form liars are rarely prosecuted
  • A never-before-released ATF study shows that a surprising number of people who lie on the federal form will go on to commit a gun crime.
Gun form liars may go on to commit gun crimes, internal ATF research suggests - CNN

esmith

Veteran Member

"Are mental health records typically incorporated into a background check?

Your doctor is legally required to keep information about your medical history confidential, but that doesn’t mean it’s totally
off-limits all of the time. Like anything, there are exceptions to every rule but stepping over this line might have serious penalties."

Thus doctors are very reluntcant since this would be a violation of the HIPAA laws.

We Never Know

No Slack
"Are mental health records typically incorporated into a background check?

Your doctor is legally required to keep information about your medical history confidential, but that doesn’t mean it’s totally
off-limits all of the time. Like anything, there are exceptions to every rule but stepping over this line might have serious penalties."

Thus doctors are very reluntcant since this would be a violation of the HIPAA laws.

My post #141.... "Actually I think firearm background checks need to be stricter and include medical history which would show treatment for emotional and mental instability."

My post #98..... "I personally think all criminal records(including SIS probation where the charge is pretty much dropped after probation) and all medical records for(treatment for depression, schizophrenia, etc) should be made available to the government when doing background checks on the purchase of a firearm. But then you get into violating people rights and so in.