• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Biden to unveil gun control measures, appoint ATF chief

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
Hmm... I don't know about "ghost guns," but my brother got an AR15 kit via the mail. All the legal by mail pieces were shipped to him, and all he had to do is buy the remaining pieces from a third party seller to assemple his gun. I think the whole process cost him some $1,500. Seems like a waste of money to me... He doesn't even take the thing out shooting. It's just something he has that takes up space in his gun safe.

It's his money, but I'd rather just get a hunting rifle - something that actually has a purpose (outside of warfare) and is much more practical.
An AR15 is a decent varmint rifle. It's caliber, .223, has nearly
identical ballistics to the .222, which is....great for varmints.
I'd prefer a heavy barrel single shot rifle though. That's just me.
H1072-L165583483.jpg

stvdv

Veteran Member: I Share (not Debate) my POV
But they all say criminal elements buy from Sam's Legal Eagle Gun Emporium at the corner of 5th and 3rd Avenue!

Now they will have to go to Big Tony's Russian Kiosk behind the pool hall in the alley on Budda Bing Boulevard. Just look for the blue Yugo and say Big Tony sent ya for a 5 % discount on your first purchase!
But that problem will be there to deal with, for the next President, unless he is into guns and/or just wants to show he can go his on way and ditches the whole plan; "another billion dollars wasted" project, as usually happens due to politics, all paid for by the hard working tax payers

SigurdReginson

Grēne Mann
Premium Member
An AR15 is a decent varmint rifle. It's caliber, .223, has nearly
identical ballistics to the .222, which is....great for varmints.
I'd prefer a heavy barrel single shot rifle though. That's just me.

Eh... The only real hunting I ever get involved with around here is blacktail. Even then, it's been years since I've hunted. Apartment living doesn't really make for the best situation to go meat hunting, and I really don't want a massive freezer in my living space (plus I can't imagine what butchering a deer in this place would entail). :D

Fishing is still doable in my currect situation, though!

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
Eh... The only real hunting I ever get involved with around here is blacktail. Even then, it's been years since I've hunted. Apartment living doesn't really make for the best situation to go meat hunting, and I really don't want a massive freezer in my living space (plus I can't imagine what butchering a deer in this place would entail). :D

Fishing is still doable in my currect situation, though!
I've shot targets, but I've never tried eating my quarry.

PureX

Veteran Member
You do realize that they do not enforce the current laws don't you?....Obviously not.
The current laws are both unenforced and ineffective. If your point is that we could solve this problem simply by enforcing the laws we have, you're very wrong.

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
Hmmm... I hear sriracha goes good with everything. I wonder if that's also true in regards to paper targets?
I never cared for Sriracha.
Plinking is a good time, though! Maybe I should grab my Remington 700 and take my brother shooting so he can actually get some use out of his sorry and neglected AR15. :D
I like the 700.
Once had one (as a 40X target rifle), but never even used it.
So I sold it.

sun rise

The world is on fire
Premium Member
But they all say criminal elements buy from Sam's Legal Eagle Gun Emporium at the corner of 5th and 3rd Avenue!

Now they will have to go to Big Tony's Russian Kiosk behind the pool hall in the alley on Budda Bing Boulevard. Just look for the blue Yugo and say Big Tony sent ya for a 5 % discount on your first purchase!
Why should we have laws anyway when criminals will just violate them. Let's just get rid of all laws and make it incumbent on people to be armed and deal with criminals on the spot.

Quetzal

A little to the left and slightly out of focus.
Premium Member
It's simple.
I disagree. I think it is very, very complicated. What may be viewed as reasonable legislation to one person is unreasonable to another. Where does the 2nd Amendment start and stop? Will the SC need to rule in? What we are talking about is subjective and not concrete and that's the problem.

Twilight Hue

Twilight, not bright nor dark, good nor bad.
I'm just curious about these kits they mentioned in the article. Who makes them, and where they are bought and sold? I'm wondering if home gunsmithing might become the new fad, just like homebrewing beer.
I wouldn't be surprised. Zip guns have been around for ages.

metis

aged ecumenical anthropologist
and your right to keep and bear arms shall NOT be infringed upon
Which, at the time it was written, the most powerful gun was a one-shot muzzle-loading rifle. That's a far cry from a AR-15 assault-style rifle with an extended magazine.

PureX

Veteran Member
I disagree. I think it is very, very complicated. What may be viewed as reasonable legislation to one person is unreasonable to another. Where does the 2nd Amendment start and stop? Will the SC need to rule in? What we are talking about is subjective and not concrete and that's the problem.
All we need to do is stop treating the problem as some sort of moral dilemma, and start treating it as a practical problem that needs to be solved. It's not rocket science. The goal is to keep guns out of the hands of those among us who are too irresponsible to own and use them safely and appropriately. And all that requires is two things: a way of identifying these people, and a mechanism for disallowing them access to guns. We already do this with motor vehicles, and all sorts of other dangerous machinery by testing and licensing. And it's easy to identify those who should not be given access to firearms by their past behavior. Public rage, violence, inebriation, threats, mental and emotional instability; these are all easily identified behaviors. And they all lead to social confrontations that can be recorded, and then researched, when someone seeks a license to own and use firearms. All we need is the will to set up a system for doing it. Just like we have set up a system for vetting motor vehicle use. And the use of all kinds of other dangerous machines.

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber
I'm just curious about these kits they mentioned in the article. Who makes them, and where they are bought and sold? I'm wondering if home gunsmithing might become the new fad, just like homebrewing beer.
There have been 3D printed AR-15-like rifles.

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber
"Welcome to America. The Westernized, modernized nation where needing a gun for self defense is perfectly acceptable.":facepalm: