• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Biden Thinks Climate Change More Threating Than Nuclear War

amorphous_constellation

You probably mean literally a swamp with literal reptilian carnivores. Figuratively, that's not far from my present view of American life. About half its population seem sociopathic now, like the people who mock empathy by using the word "woke," or MAGA, or those that want to "own the libs," and those that don't care how much children are terrified of schools. The pandemic brought this rampant anti-social contingent to the forefront with people demanding jobs and access to venues where they were unwanted and began crying about tyranny in their indifference to the fears and needs of others. The religious right with its big extended middle finger for fertile women everywhere is more of that. The Karen phenomenon is more of it yet. Overt white supremacists are yet another manifestation of this poverty of spirit that washed over that culture now.

Humans have problems, yes. Everything you said is probably why humans, in my opinion, probably should seek some kind of discipline from the spiritual world. The kinds of things you describe here, therefore, make me less agnostic, and believe more in the power of meta-physical discipline. Something that rises above all the mucky, biological human-level monkey noise. To the place where a sort of innate reverence is located, where the human problems shed away, like old snake-skin. The things you wrote here in describing our stupid squabbling don't give us any direction

Twilight Hue

Twilight, not bright nor dark, good nor bad.
Alright. A nuclear holocaust is not a certainty. But do you believe that climate change and global devastation is less certain than that? Most people accept that it's already happening. It make take a few decades longer than a weekend of all out nuclear war, but do you think it is uncertain if it will actually happen - if we don't drastically change what we are doing right now?

In other words, do accept there is a real problem that will overwhelm the planet which is already happening unless stopped? Or do you deny there's actually a real danger? On a scale of acceptance as 10, to denial as 1, are you closer to denialism or to acceptance? What number would you put yourself at?
There are too many variables one way or another.

I do know experts have said fossil emissions will not cause a runaway greenhouse effect that would turn earth into a hothouse like Venus.

Is there damage and danger? I'll agree in areas there are valid concerns, but not the extinction event some people are trying to lead others to believe.

In not saying we do nothing, but not as if it's that urgent as if the world will end 'tomorrow'.

Evangelicalhumanist

"Truth" isn't a thing...
Premium Member
Appears someone is whispering in Joe's ear again since he said "If we don’t stay under 1.5 degrees Celsius, we’re going to have a real problem. It’s the single-most existential threat to humanity we’ve ever faced, including nuclear weapons," Biden said. "And so we have a real big problem."
Now the last time I read anything about the use of nuclear weapons in a global war seems the aftermath of a all out nuclear war is pretty devestaing. Yes we could recover in 10 or 15 years from such an event maybe, but what would be left of the human race. We know that science is eventually going to solve the problems that humans may or may not (depending on your beliefs) be causing. But eventually new technology will be forthcomming. Now if there was total nuclear war I don't think we could recover in my opinion. So if a leader of a country thinks nuclear weapons are not threating armageddon?????
However if we go back to Oct of 2022 Biden said ""I don’t think there is any such a thing as the ability to easily use a tactical weapon and not end up with Armageddon"
So, I guess comes down to who plugs the USB drive into Biden.
Biden says climate change is bigger threat to humanity than nuclear war: 'We’re going to have a real problem'
Even Putin doesn't really want to be obliterated by a tactical nuke. Kim Jong-Un might, but he's starkers, and I doubt China would let him get away with it, since Xi is also not anxious to be turned into radioactive ash.

The fact is, there is no way to win a nuclear war -- everybody will lose. And everybody (with the possible exception of Kim and the Ayatollahs) knows that. So nuclear war is quite unlikely.

But climate change is happening -- it's causing billions upon billions of dollars in damage around the entire planet, and it isn't getting better by itself.

Biden, in spite of @Twilight Hue's dismissive and ill-informed piffle, is very probably right.

Evangelicalhumanist

"Truth" isn't a thing...
Premium Member
Climate change might mean that most of america gets covered in water again, and the dinosaurs re-evolve, and the mammals go back to being tiny. Just imagine all of america as a giant swamp, with multi-ton reptilian carnivores walking around it
What, the current inhabitants are overweight enough! And a lot of their thinking, as near as I can tell, is pretty reptilian.

Evangelicalhumanist

"Truth" isn't a thing...
Premium Member
Good I hope you do. Just keep in mind the experts can be divided.

You choose yours, I'll choose mine.
And do you choose on the basis of their valid credentials -- or on whether they provide answers that you happen to prefer? (No fibbing....I've read your posts long enough to know the answer to that question.)

Daemon Sophic

What, the current inhabitants are overweight enough! And a lot of their thinking, as near as I can tell, is pretty reptilian.
Yes, but if we get covered in water, all of our blubber weight will just help us stay warm and float.
Clearly, this is what happened when the whales were once land mammals. The Earth simply went through one of it's natural warming cycles, like the one we're in now, and they evolved from land-based to aquatic based mammals. And now, we will too!! :p

I can't wait to grow flippers! :):):)

[/Sarcasm]

Evangelicalhumanist

"Truth" isn't a thing...
Premium Member
Yes, but if we get covered in water, all of our blubber weight will just help us stay warm and float.
Clearly, this is what happened when the whales were once land mammals. The Earth simply went through one of it's natural warming cycles, like the one we're in now, and they evolved from land-based to aquatic based mammals. And now, we will too!! :p

I can't wait to grow flippers! :):):)

[/Sarcasm]
Better work on moving your nose up top of your head, first. Or grow gills -- that might work (it did in the movie "Water World").

Twilight Hue

And do you choose on the basis of their valid credentials -- or on whether they provide answers that you happen to prefer? (No fibbing....I've read your posts long enough to know the answer to that question.)
Look in mirror.

I've read your posts long enough to make that determination.

amorphous_constellation

So.... Florida?

The whole thing would look like the everglades, kind of like it did, I'm fairly sure, in certain eras of the dinosaur ages. Only this time when the dinosaurs re-evolve, they will integrate with the AI technology we left behind. To what end, I am not sure. I guess it's what we get for messing around with oil (reanimating what it was)

The Kilted Heathen

Crow FreyjasmaðR
The whole thing would look like the everglades, kind of like it did, I'm fairly sure, in certain eras of the dinosaur ages. Only this time when the dinosaurs re-evolve, they will integrate with the AI technology we left behind. To what end, I am not sure. I guess it's what we get for messing around with oil (reanimating what it was)
Well now that just sounds like Horizon Zero Dawn! Though currently a Prehistoric swampland would be better than where Florida currently is at

wellwisher

Nuclear war is not occuring (at the moment, climate change is

The problem is the preponderance of data, connected to climate change on earth, is from Geological evidence. This data which tells us nature has done this all by herself, many many times, over the last billion years. It is natural for the earth to cycle between hot and cold, and then cold to hot, with noise in the middle. The earth is still warming out of the last (cold) ice age.

Manmade data, even if real, is only one unique occurrence, that has yet to compete its first cycle. Man did not have the capacity to do what is claimed with CO2, until the past 120 years. So why run with the minimal data from an experiment still in progress? Why the exception to the normal approach of science, which normally places the preponderance of the data, first? This is a yellow flag. Science preaches to us every day, but seems to ignore this giant departure. Why is that? Why were the naturalist censored and targeted? How did their silencing help change precedent?

This change of policy leads to another problem for me. Ever since Trump won in 2016, the Democrats and Political left, who are pushing this one unfinished manmade experiment, have repeatably demonstrated how much they will lie, to get their way. Does anyone remember the Russian Collusion delusion scam, that seemed so real; experts, but turned out to be a scam? It was so in your face. It was like seeing a very attractive girl, until one day she was without makeup. You suddenly realize this was only an illusion of being pretty. Normally they hide their scams with their two faces. But Trump seemed to bring out an over reaction that lifted the veil. This told us much about hidden agendas and how there have no morals, when it comes to power.

They have a credibility problem, that they have never rectified. They only circled the wagons, went on radio silence, and change the scam, so the spoiled scan was forgotten. Twitter now shows how they will shut down the opposition, via cheating, censorship, shadows banding and lying. In the early days of manmade climate changes the Left targeted anyone who has a different opinion, all the way to getting people fired for not carrying their water. How can you trust such a consensus?

The Left base seems to have no clue, but it will accept with any narrative given. It has demonstrated a lock step tendency, to blindly defend, even when their scams fall apart. Unless they are told to use radio silence, to hide failed scams. Remember the Hunter Biden Laptop that was called Russian Disinformation that used censorship to promote a lie? What makes their global warming plans different? As shown, Biden will turn on a dime and say anything; tell the base what they want to hear.

The same political party see nothing wrong with the huge US debt and deficits, which impact world trade and world economic health. They have no clue if their plan will do harm, since their sales pitch is based on fear and the lessor of two evils; we have an existential threat, blah blah blah. If we extrapolate their vision, they will break the bank, even without sufficient science to back it up. As one of their own leaders once said, "Never let a good disaster or (perceived disaster), go to waste".

Until the Left can prove they are not lying, I would prefer not go along with their sleazy bonehead leaders who have not apologized for their previous the scams or even the harm they did to their Human props; General Flynn. I do not see this ending well. They lack science precedent and lack a handle on economic principles. It is about power and the steal.

I would bet on natural climate change since this science is about hard data, and not fuzzy dice with an unfinished first experiment. The glaciers had already melt over a 1800 miles worth; NYC to the Arctic Circle, before the boneheads got involved. We are supposed to ignore this natural melting, and assume nature handed off to the political Left, and man is now in total control? This rubs me as wrong, even if their base will buy that farm.

Newest data has shown that the core of the earth, which is 1/3 of the total mass of the earth, had been rotating faster than the surface. Now the data shows it has nearly, stop. Where is the brake heat going? Does it impact the surface and will that cause the ocean to release CO2? It hard to belief a little CO2 can be worse than the brake heat from something as massive as ten moons.

We would better off preparing for possible migrations, but without any disruption to global economies. We need to keep the world economies running strong to meet the challenges for all, and not just the Elitists. The Lefties assume they will be running the show. Leftist know little about how to fortify the world economy, with minimal pain for the masses. The current world inflation and pain was caused by the Democrats in the USA, with only oil. It shows how much damage they can do with even one of their self serving bonehead calls. Multiple that by ten.

The root cause is statistical modeling. Politicians use the same math allowing them to fudge. Is manmade climate change advanced enough to do without fudge math so we can break the bridge with politics or is it too late of that area of political science?

Last edited:

Alien826

No religious beliefs
That's a politician trying to whip up fear in order
to maintain power in both Israel & USA, where
our politicians lap this **** up.
Obviously, Iran faces more threats than just Israel,
eg, Saudis, Iraq, USA. And given that 2 of Iran's
threats have nukes, (USA, Israel), they've given
Iran good reason to want nuclear insurance against
attack.

Can we rely upon common sense from any
country in that quagmire? Nah.

And Israel could just as easily nuke Iran.
If both are so armed, then MAD would reign.

Israel's attacks & assassinations are
certainly reason for Iran to want nukes.

I hope you are right. :)

ChristineM

"Be strong", I whispered to my coffee.
Premium Member
The problem is the preponderance of data, connected to climate change on earth, is from Geological evidence. This data which tells us nature has done this all by herself, many many times, over the last billion years. It is natural for the earth to cycle between hot and cold, and then cold to hot, with noise in the middle. The earth is still warming out of the last (cold) ice age.

Manmade data, even if real, is only one unique occurrence, that has yet to compete its first cycle. Man dod not have the capacity to do why is claimed until the past 120 years. So why run with the minimal data of an experiment in progress? Why the exception to the normal approach of science, which normally places the preponderance of the data, first? This is a yellow flag. Science preaches to use every day but seems to ignore this giant departure. What is with that?

This change of policy leads to another problem for me. Ever since Trump won in 2016, the Democrats and Political left, who are pushing the one unfinished manmade experiment, over the billion years of cyclic data within Geology, have repeatably demonstrated how much they will lie, to get their way. Does anyone remember the Russian Collusion delusion scam, that seem so real, but turned out to be a scam? It was so in your face that it was like seeing a an attractive girl, until one day she was without makeup, realizing this was only an illusion of being pretty. Normally they hide their scams with two faces. This told us much about hidden agenda and how there have no morals when it comes to power.

They have a credibility problem, that they never rectified. They only circled the wagons, went on radio silence, and change the scam, so the spoiled previous scan is forgotten. Twitter shows how they will shut down the opposition via cheating, censorship, shadows banding and lying. There was science beat to carry the torch of the consensus or else.

The Left base seems to have no clue, but is will run with any narrative given.. It has demonstrated a lock step tendency, to blindly defend, even when their scams fall apart. Unless they are told to use radio silence to continue to hide failed scams. Remember the Hunter Biden Laptop that was called Russian Disinformation that used censorship to promote a lie? What makes their global plans different? As shown Biden will turn on a dime and say anything; tell the base what they want to hear.

I am concerned since the one manmade experiment in progress, versus a thousand natural, which does not yet have its first ending, based on hard data. Are they making the right moves or just running a scam too early? If we add to this, pathological lying, I am concerned they will do more harm than good for the majority of humans, even if they can pad their own wallets. It always seems about the steal; cheat to win.

The same political party see nothing wrong with the huge US debt and deficits, which impact world trade and economic health. They have no clue if their plan will do harm, since their sales pitch is based on fear and the lessor of two evils; we have an existential threat, blah blah blah. If we extrapolate their vision, they will break the bank, even without sufficient science to back it up. As one of their own leaders once said, "Never let a good disaster or (perceived disaster), go to waste".

Until the Left can prove they are not lying, I would prefer not go along with their sleazy bonehead leaders who have not apologized for their previous the scams or even the harm they did to their Human props; General Flynn. I do not see this ending well. They lack science precedent and lack a handle on economic principles. It is about power and the steal.

I would bet on natural climate change since this sincere is about hard data and not fuzzy dice with an unfinished first experiment. The glaciers had already melt over a 1800 miles worth; NYC to the Arctic Circle, before the boneheads got involved. We are supposed to ignore this natural melting, and assume nature handed off to the political Left, and man is now in total control? This rubs me as wrong, even if their base will buy that farm.

New data has shown that the core of the earth, which is 1/3 of the total mass of the earth, had been rotating faster than the surface. Now the data shows it has nearly, stop. Where is the brake heat going? It hard to belief a little CO2 can be worse than the brake heat from something as massive as ten moons.

We would better off preparing migrations, but without any disruption to global economies. We need to keep the word economies running strong to meet the challenges for all, and not just the Elitists. Leftist know little about how to fortify the world economy, with minimal pain for the masses. The current world inflation and pain was caused by the Democrats in the USA, with only oil, shows how much damage they can do with even one bonehead call.

And as i said, without all the waffle, climate change is happening now.

The evidence for man made acceleration of the change is fairly damning.

Examples:
Carbon dioxide from human activity is increasing more than 250 times faster than it did from natural sources after the last Ice Age.
And.
Fossil fuels – coal, oil and gas – are by far the largest contributor to global climate change, accounting for over 75 per cent of global greenhouse gas emissions and nearly 90 per cent of all carbon dioxide emissions.

Of course some people will also bury their head on the sand and continue ****ing the earth for their children

Mock Turtle

Oh my, did I say that!
Premium Member

Manmade data, even if real, is only one unique occurrence, that has yet to compete its first cycle. Man did not have the capacity to do what is claimed with CO2, until the past 120 years. So why run with the minimal data from an experiment still in progress? Why the exception to the normal approach of science, which normally places the preponderance of the data, first? This is a yellow flag. Science preaches to us every day, but seems to ignore this giant departure. Why is that? Why were the naturalist censored and targeted? How did their silencing help change precedent?

This change of policy leads to another problem for me. Ever since Trump won in 2016, the Democrats and Political left, who are pushing this one unfinished manmade experiment, have repeatably demonstrated how much they will lie, to get their way. Does anyone remember the Russian Collusion delusion scam, that seemed so real; experts, but turned out to be a scam? It was so in your face. It was like seeing a very attractive girl, until one day she was without makeup. You suddenly realize this was only an illusion of being pretty. Normally they hide their scams with their two faces. But Trump seemed to bring out an over reaction that lifted the veil. This told us much about hidden agendas and how there have no morals, when it comes to power.

They have a credibility problem, that they have never rectified. They only circled the wagons, went on radio silence, and change the scam, so the spoiled scan was forgotten. Twitter now shows how they will shut down the opposition, via cheating, censorship, shadows banding and lying. In the early days of manmade climate changes the Left targeted anyone who has a different opinion, all the way to getting people fired for not carrying their water. How can you trust such a consensus?

The Left base seems to have no clue, but it will accept with any narrative given. It has demonstrated a lock step tendency, to blindly defend, even when their scams fall apart. Unless they are told to use radio silence, to hide failed scams. Remember the Hunter Biden Laptop that was called Russian Disinformation that used censorship to promote a lie? What makes their global warming plans different? As shown, Biden will turn on a dime and say anything; tell the base what they want to hear.

The same political party see nothing wrong with the huge US debt and deficits, which impact world trade and world economic health. They have no clue if their plan will do harm, since their sales pitch is based on fear and the lessor of two evils; we have an existential threat, blah blah blah. If we extrapolate their vision, they will break the bank, even without sufficient science to back it up. As one of their own leaders once said, "Never let a good disaster or (perceived disaster), go to waste".

I would bet on natural climate change since this science is about hard data, and not fuzzy dice with an unfinished first experiment. The glaciers had already melt over a 1800 miles worth; NYC to the Arctic Circle, before the boneheads got involved. We are supposed to ignore this natural melting, and assume nature handed off to the political Left, and man is now in total control? This rubs me as wrong, even if their base will buy that farm.

Newest data has shown that the core of the earth, which is 1/3 of the total mass of the earth, had been rotating faster than the surface. Now the data shows it has nearly, stop. Where is the brake heat going? Does it impact the surface and will that cause the ocean to release CO2? It hard to belief a little CO2 can be worse than the brake heat from something as massive as ten moons.

We would better off preparing for possible migrations, but without any disruption to global economies. We need to keep the world economies running strong to meet the challenges for all, and not just the Elitists. The Lefties assume they will be running the show. Leftist know little about how to fortify the world economy, with minimal pain for the masses. The current world inflation and pain was caused by the Democrats in the USA, with only oil. It shows how much damage they can do with even one of their self serving bonehead calls. Multiple that by ten.

The root cause is statistical modeling. Politicians use the same math allowing them to fudge. Is manmade climate change advanced enough to do without fudge math so we can break the bridge with politics or is it too late of that area of political science?
But you of course are not following your right-wing leanings and ignoring the vast majority of scientists who do accept Climate Change. :oops:

Alien826

No religious beliefs
In not saying we do nothing, but not as if it's that urgent as if the world will end 'tomorrow'.

Yes it is very very urgent. It didn't happen overnight, and it isn't going to get fixed overnight. Even if we stopped all carbon emissions tomorrow (an obvious impossibility) the amount of carbon in the the atmosphere would remain for a long long time. "Doing something" should have started years ago. It may already be too late, and certainly is if we don't get on with it a lot more urgently than we are now.

Alien826

No religious beliefs
Well now that just sounds like Horizon Zero Dawn! Though currently a Prehistoric swampland would be better than where Florida currently is at

I played that game!

Don't they predict that most of Florida will be under water though? It's mostly very close to sea level already.

Alien826

No religious beliefs

Examples:
Carbon dioxide from human activity is increasing more than 250 times faster than it did from natural sources after the last Ice Age.
And.
Fossil fuels – coal, oil and gas – are by far the largest contributor to global climate change, accounting for over 75 per cent of global greenhouse gas emissions and nearly 90 per cent of all carbon dioxide emissions.

Of course some people will also bury their head on the sand and continue ****ing the earth for their children

Well said.

Cutting through the conspiracy theories, your words that I bolded sum it up. If you are crossing a road on foot and a car is approaching at 30mph, continue walking. If it suddenly speeds up to 80mph, run!!!

Twilight Hue

Yes it is very very urgent. It didn't happen overnight, and it isn't going to get fixed overnight. Even if we stopped all carbon emissions tomorrow (an obvious impossibility) the amount of carbon in the the atmosphere would remain for a long long time. "Doing something" should have started years ago. It may already be too late, and certainly is if we don't get on with it a lot more urgently than we are now.
What is it exactly that makes you think its that bad?

metis

aged ecumenical anthropologist

Examples:
And.

And those who still question climate change at this point in time with all the evidence that's been accumulated, reminds me of this analogy:
A man standing on railroad tracks sees a train bearing down on him, so he says to himself: "Do I go left? Do I go right? Do I go left? Do I go right?"

SPLAT!