• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Biden Thinks Climate Change More Threating Than Nuclear War

ImmortalFlame

Woke gremlin
Yeah. I see the death camp climate comparison here. o_O
Do you not think that climate change poses a massive threat to, I dunno, all of agriculture? Millions of homes? The lives and livelihoods of everyone?

"Oh, ho hum, millions will die or starve or be left homeless, but whatever. We'll adapt!"

Why do you almost insist on having some of the worst takes imaginable? Are you playing some kind of elaborate prank? Are you punking us right now?

JDMS

Academic Workhorse
After being hospitalized for heat stroke simply for sleeping in my own non-ACed home this summer during a heat wave, climate change definitely seems to be the bigger issue in my life. I could've died. I had to take a significant amount of time off work for the initial hospitalization and subsequent physical therapy appointments.

Several others had apparently been hospitalized in my area as well... The heat waves have been so bad that legislation was passed that makes landlords unable to deny tenants' installation of window or portable ACs.

It's effects are already being felt by poor folks like myself.

Debater Slayer

Vipassana
Staff member
Premium Member
After being hospitalized for heat stroke simply for sleeping in my own non-ACed home this summer during a heat wave, climate change definitely seems to be the bigger issue in my life. I almost died. I had to take a significant amount of time off work for the initial hospitalization and subsequent physical therapy appointments.

Several others had apparently been hospitalized in my area as well... The heat waves have been so bad that legislation was passed that makes landlords unable to deny tenants' installation of window or portable ACs.

It's effects are already being felt by poor folks like myself.

I'm sorry you went through that but glad you survived.

If you don't mind my asking, how hot was the weather?

JDMS

Academic Workhorse
I'm sorry you went through that but glad you survived.

If you don't mind my asking, how hot was the weather?

The temps were staying above 98°F for weeks. My area has older homes built to trap heat, not release it. I was asked not to return to my home after the police checked temperatures in my house and found that my bedroom was 95°F inside despite the windows being opened at night and closed with tinfoil facing outwards in the daytime. For the record, i had no idea it was THAT hot inside, lol. I just knew it felt miserable. I didn't have a thermometer.

But I learned that ceiling fans are not safe to not at that temp because you will quickly dehydrate, especially in combination with certain medications.

Twilight Hue

Twilight, not bright nor dark, good nor bad.
Not on climate change, they're not. The overwhelming consensus agrees.

Twilight Hue, casually admitting to feels over facts since 2009.
We're talking about the danger climate change vs nuclear threats.

I don't happen to agree with it.

That is the subject. Isn't it?

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber
Oh. Yea. .. right.
Well, it's a fact you have frequently bemoaned a certain democratic vote as an overreach of the nanny state (I usually accompany this criticism by pointing out your sense of entitlement and expecting to be given freebies). Recently you did just puke up "lucky boys" in a thread involving school boys being sexually molested by an adult. And now, by denying global warming and denying all the things it's causing you are loudly and boldly proclaiming to the world you know this stuff better than the scientists who study it.

Debater Slayer

Vipassana
Staff member
Premium Member
The temps were staying above 98°F. My area has older homes built to trap heat, not release it. I was asked not to return to my home after the police checked temperatures in my house and found that my bedroom was 95°F inside despite the windows being opened at night and closed with tinfoil facing outwards in the daytime.

That's quite rough. I hope it doesn't happen again.

Where I live, 86°F indoors is very manageable without AC but still hot. I can't imagine what 95°F would be like in a place without a desert climate.

Twilight Hue

Well, it's a fact you have frequently bemoaned a certain democratic vote as an overreach of the nanny state (I usually accompany this criticism by pointing out your sense of entitlement and expecting to be given freebies). Recently you did just puke up "lucky boys" in a thread involving school boys being sexually molested by an adult. And now, by denying global warming and denying all the things it's causing you are loudly and boldly proclaiming to the world you know this stuff better than the scientists who study it.
Do you like the hobby of shotgunning completly unrelated topics to see what sticks?

Just wondering.

Twilight Hue

Congratulations. You noticed the topic of discussion. You get a gold star.

Now, do you want to actually contribute to the discussion?
Like you have? Lol.

I already did.

I stated technology is more of a threat than climate change vs a nuclear threat.

You get an F for not paying attention.