• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Biden Says If He Had Been President We Wouldn't Have The Current Economy

esmith

Veteran Member
Seem's that Joe thinks that if he was President the U.S. wouldn't be in the economy shape the country is now in due to the pandemic.
Now, I have just one question for Biden.....How would he have mitigated the current economic problem and still dealt with the pandemic.
Seems that Biden is trying to convince the uninformed. Hey, I could be wrong maybe Biden could have shut the country down and still have the economy running as normal.
Of course he won't or can't explain how......Sorry Joe blowing smoke will not work except for the Democrat sheeple.
Biden argues Trump’s policies fueled coronavirus ‘economic disaster’
Biden says Trump policies have led to coronavirus 'economic disaster'

Sunstone

De Diablo Del Fora
Premium Member
How could he not have a better economy? How could anyone fail to do better than Mr. Trump? Mr. Biden is not even bragging. It's like he's claiming he can out-walk a turnip. Big deal. Who can't?

Sunstone

De Diablo Del Fora
Premium Member
Now, I have just one question for Biden.....How would he have mitigated the current economic problem and still dealt with the pandemic.

Oh... I don't know... Hm... maybe begin like the President of South Korea. Start off early on by admitting there's some wee little chance that a pandemic might need a quick, resolute response to it? Get off the golf course and into the office? Do something?

Yeah, maybe at least prepare for doing something, because there is no law of nature nor man that says you must 'respond' to a pandemic like you were Donald Trump.

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
Seem's that Joe thinks that if he was President the U.S. wouldn't be in the economy shape the country is now in due to the pandemic.
Seems that Biden is trying to convince the uninformed. Hey, I could be wrong maybe Biden could have shut the country down and still have the economy running as normal.
Of course he won't or can't explain how......Sorry Joe blowing smoke will not work except for the Democrat sheeple.
I must admit that Biden has never made a mistake while managing the economy.
A perfect record, eh.

PureX

Veteran Member
Even I can answer that, and I'm not a politician running for president. All we needed to do was recognize the problem instead of trying to pretend it wasn't real. Accept the severity of it instead of pretending it wasn't severe, and then take appropriate measures to mitigate the probable damage. We should have froze non-essential commerce so that no one lost their business because of the shut-down. And then instead of throwing billions at big corporations that didn't need it, use that money to pay people to stay home from work, so they could continue to pay for the essentials, and thus keep our essential commerce active and viable.

Would Biden have done any of these things? Who knows. He's been a paid political hack his entire life, doing exactly what the lobbyists that were bribing him told him to do. So it's hard to imagine that he would suddenly, now, have grown a spine and a brain and stood up to them to face this crisis intelligently and effectively. But it's certainly clear that Trump and the republican party that has been supporting and defending him had absolutely no inclination to do any of these things. So Biden gets to pretend that he would have, if he were the president. And who knows, maybe he would have. Doubtful, but maybe.

Shad

Veteran Member
How could he not have a better economy? How could anyone fail to do better than Mr. Trump? Mr. Biden is not even bragging. It's like he's claiming he can out-walk a turnip. Big deal. Who can't?

I see a lot of talking but nothing about any changes that would make the economy better.

Sunstone

De Diablo Del Fora
Premium Member
I see a lot of talking but nothing about any changes that would make the economy better.

At this point, Shad? At this point, the preventable and unnecessary train wreck has already occurred. So, many options are now closed to us. Options that other leaders in other nations had the wisdom to take, but that Mr. Trump did not.

Now beyond that, if you are genuinely asking in good faith what can now be done, then I advise you to dig up what the economists are saying can now be done. Dig up all sides to the issue, weigh their advice, look for areas of agreement, and then decide to the best of your intellectual abilities what can now be done. Be a good citizen. Support the policies you think are best.

But if you are not being genuine, if you are only interested in debating me -- me, who is not an economist -- then I very seriously suggest you grasp that you are treating a pandemic and an economic melt-down like they were a video game. This is a real challenge for our nation, Shad. A real challenge for millions of people. Don't go MIA on us by treating it like a game. Or if you do, don't vote. Don't try to influence the outcome.

Shad

Veteran Member
At this point, Shad? At this point, the preventable and unnecessary train wreck has already occurred. So, many options are now closed to us. Options that other leaders in other nations had the wisdom to take, but that Mr. Trump did not.

Name those options instead of asserting a vague point

Now beyond that, if you are genuinely asking in good faith what can now be done, then I advise you to dig up what the economists are saying can now be done.

Like who? All the crackpots that said Trump would tank the economy on election day? Find me a source instead of asserting one. More so if this economist(s) isn't rich their views are not worth a damn.

Dig up all sides to the issue, weigh their advice, look for areas of agreement, and then decide to the best of your intellectual abilities what can now be done. Be a good citizen. Support the policies you think are best.

Name a source

But if you are not being genuine, if you are only interested in debating me -- me, who is not an economist -- then I very seriously suggest you grasp that you are treating a pandemic and an economic melt-down like they were a video game. This is a real challenge for our nation, Shad. A real challenge for millions of people. Don't go MIA on us by treating it like a game. Or if you do, don't vote. Don't try to influence the outcome.

You made a vague point and want me to meet your burden of proof for you. Try again

Stevicus

Veteran Member
Staff member
Premium Member

I'm not sure who would have done better, although in situations like this, the wiser presidents might be inclined to step back and allow the medical professionals and scientists to take the lead and decide what to do.

BSM1

What? Me worry?
I'm not sure who would have done better, although in situations like this, the wiser presidents might be inclined to step back and allow the medical professionals and scientists to take the lead and decide what to do.

They were the ones who advocating that people not go to work which, in effect, shuts down an economy.

Shad

Veteran Member

So let more non-experts talk? Since when does a medical degree make one an economist? This is the ivory tower syndrome. Expertise in one fields equates expertise in other field makes someone an expert they happen to be talking about at the time.

Sunstone

De Diablo Del Fora
Premium Member
Name those options instead of asserting a vague point

Like who? All the crackpots that said Trump would tank the economy on election day? Find me a source instead of asserting one. More so if this economist(s) isn't rich their views are not worth a damn.

Name a source

You made a vague point and want me to meet your burden of proof for you. Try again

Right. I guess to a hammer, everything looks like a nail, and to a debater, everything looks like a debate. Thanks for your insightfulness.

Shad

Veteran Member
Right. I guess to a hammer, everything looks like a nail, and to a debater, everything looks like a debate. Thanks your insights.

You made vague points. When I point this out, twice, and demand sources you deflect to my tone over substance. Yawn.

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
That isn't really practical. Health care types have their useful expertise,
but we can't expect them to fully consider competing interests, eg, jobs,
business, religion, politics.
I know that last one seems not worth catering to, but this is the real world,
& politicians will do what it takes to seize & keep power. I'm not saying
this is right...but it's what happens.

Stevicus

Veteran Member
Staff member
Premium Member
That isn't really practical. Health care types have their useful expertise,
but we can't expect them to fully consider competing interests, eg, jobs,
business, religion, politics.
I know that last one seems not worth catering to, but this is the real world,
& politicians will do what it takes to seize & keep power. I'm not saying
this is right...but it's what happens.

The thing is, the president has different people and different departments for different jobs. He's not going to be micromanaging every little thing - or at least, he probably shouldn't be doing that.

But yes, he does have to consider competing interests, including political interests. And that's probably what he should have been doing all along, rather than attempting to give medical advice and supposition about possible "cures."

I will admit that some of what is going on, politically, is rather ludicrous. Trump didn't cause the virus, and I don't think there's any "plot" or "hoax" to try to shut down the US economy. I think most everybody on both sides of the aisle wants the economy to reopen and for life to get back to normal again. Even the health care types; the goal of their job is to get people healthy.

It is somewhat interesting, though, when you think about just how fragile the system truly is. Some of what we're seeing now could have been avoided if not for the past decades of economic mismanagement and fiscal irresponsibility. I wouldn't blame Trump for that, but I don't think Biden is proposing much different.

Stevicus

Veteran Member
Staff member
Premium Member
So let more non-experts talk? Since when does a medical degree make one an economist? This is the ivory tower syndrome. Expertise in one fields equates expertise in other field makes someone an expert they happen to be talking about at the time.

In this case, it's a medical issue. People are getting sick. If there's a fire, you call the fire department, not the economics department. They're still trying to figure out what they would do if they had a can opener.

tytlyf

Not Religious
Seems someone doesn't understand why the economy suffered. If the virus was able to be controlled and kept from spreading like wildfire, you wouldn't have to shut down the economy.
14.7% unemployment and rising! America first!

You voted for an incompetent human being and didn't care.

esmith

Veteran Member
Seems someone doesn't understand why the economy suffered. If the virus was able to be controlled and kept from spreading like wildfire, you wouldn't have to shut down the economy.

Mighty big "IF" there. Or do you not know what "IF" means.
So oh wise one since you are so you are so good a reading minds tell us how Biden would have kept the virus from spreading.....Oh that's right he wouldn't have stopped non-citizens from coming into the country.....that would really work.

tytlyf

Not Religious
Mighty big "IF" there. Or do you not know what "IF" means.
So oh wise one since you are so you are so good a reading minds tell us how Biden would have kept the virus from spreading.....Oh that's right he wouldn't have stopped non-citizens from coming into the country.....that would really work.
For one he wouldn't have dismantled our stockpiles and expertise from around the globe. I'd assume he'd continue Obama's legacy.