• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Biden rides on the ban wagon. Makes "Wuhan Virus" forbidden since January.

SomeRandom

Still learning to be wise
Staff member
Premium Member
Let's put it this way. Communist China was hated much longer than this. I don't think a name is going to make much difference considering what they have done over the decades to people that includes their own citizens.
Perhaps. But people have short memories and love scapegoating.
I fear I might be more cynical of humans than you
Though in fairness I worked in retail for a while. That alone is enough to get one to give up on humanity

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
Didn’t the so called “Spanish Flu” first pop up in Europe and the US? Shouldn’t it therefore be called the European-American flu?
It popped up in the US. But with news censorship
cuz of war, it was first reported in Spain.

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
Americans have always been crafty about the propaganda value of epidemics, it seems.
Aye, we've many diseases named after parts hearabouts,
eg, Rocky Mountain Spotted Fever, Lyme Disease.
Tis time to stop being so selfish. Spread the wealth.

ecco

Veteran Member
People are too sensitive and fragile, and such names will cause irreparable and permanent harm on such vulnerable minds. 'Woke' Biden it seems, needs to pander and stay hip with the SJW crowd whom get offended at anything not on their fav list.

Diseases like Spanish flu, German Measles, Marburg disease, Middle East respiratory syndrome (MERS), West Nile virus,
St. Louis Encephalitis, La Crosse Encephalitis,
Ross River Fever, Rocky Mountain Spotted Fever, Lyme Disease. The list is extensive.

COVID: Asian Americans see violence, hate crimes rise amid pandemic
A series of violent crimes against Asians and Asian Americans has prompted activists and experts to warn that racist rhetoric about the coronavirus pandemic may be fueling a rise in hate incidents.

Police in Oakland, California, announced this week that they arrested a suspect in connection with a brutal attack of a 91-year-old man in Chinatown that was caught on camera. In less than a week, a Thai man was attacked and killed in San Francisco, a Vietnamese woman was assaulted and robbed of $1,000 in San Jose, and a Filipino man was attacked with a box cutter on the subway in New York City.​

Indeed 91 year old Asian/Americans are indeed fragile. Beating them up for causing the virus may indeed cause irreparable and permanent harm on such vulnerable bodies.

I'm not old enough to remember if anyone beat up Spanish/Americans in 1918. I don't recall anyone beating up Egyptians from the West Nile.

The only difference I really see is that in the case of COVID our president repeatedly, sneeringly, blamed the problem on the Chinese. Did Woodrow Wilson denigrate Spain? Did any president blame Germany for the measles? The only problem came from Trump and his ignorant, adoring sheeples.

ETA:

It is. Like people are being assaulted and dying on the streets as we speak.

Oh, so you do know that Asians are being assaulted because of the "Wuhan" thing.

Last edited:

ecco

Veteran Member
Biden has never left his teleprompter since he took office.
Now that would be really funny if it wasn't so blatantly hypocritical.

For years Trump made fun of Obama using a teleprompter. Then, when he was a candidate, and later president, he also used the teleprompter. I don't recall any sheeples making fun of Trump using one. Now that he is out of office, it is once again a source of humor for the sheeples.