• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Biden for President?

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
Ya know what's really odd?
Here is Biden, being called out for too much touchy feely PDA.
So far, it's just creepy...no claims of sexual assault (yet). It calls
into question his suitability to become Prez.
Yet Hillary has been known to physically assault Bill, & there
was nary a peep about her committing domestic violence.
One might think that physical assault is worse than PDA, eh?
Ref....
https://ph.news.yahoo.com/hillary-clinton-clocked-bill-clinton-book-over-monica-053214765.html
I also recall reading about the good china being lobbed at Bill,
back in his gubernatorial days.

Caution:
Before anyone cries "Whataboutery!", consider that we've addressed
Biden's behavior for a couple pages now, & nothing new is being said.
So it's time to allow examining the larger context of gender politics.

Last edited:

columbus

yawn <ignore> yawn
Yet Hillary has been known to physically assault Bill, & there
was nary a peep about her committing domestic violence.
Known?
This is the first I remember hearing about it.

That said, I don't have a big problem with the spouse of a philanderer like Slick Willy getting really angry. Sorry if that offends your delicate sensibilities.
Tom

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
Known?
This is the first I remember hearing about it.
Back in the day, before The Drudge Report, news organizations
had an unspoken agreement to keep personal things quiet, eg,
JFK's affairs, Bill's affairs, Hillary's violent tendencies.
And most major media still ignore items which would hurt candidates
they favor, eg, nothing bad about Trump on OAN, nothing bad about
Hillary on NPR.
So such things largely escaped the notice of most people.
That said, I don't have a big problem with the spouse of a philanderer like Slick Willy getting really angry. Sorry if that offends your delicate sensibilities.
Tom
The issue isn't anger.
It's about physical abuse...assault.
You wouldn't be excusing domestic violence by saying the spouse deserved it, would you?

columbus

yawn <ignore> yawn
The issue isn't anger.
It's about physical abuse...assault.
Assault?
I've never heard of Slick Willy suffering anything as physical as a bruise. Whatever, it clearly didn't stop him.

You wouldn't be excusing domestic violence by saying the spouse deserved it, would you?
I have rather nuanced views about a lot of things.
So yeah. If what I believe is true about the Slick Willy v Godzillary thing is accurate, he deserved much worse than he got.

Call me a conservative old prude if you want.
Tom

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
Assault?
I've never heard of Slick Willy suffering anything as physical as a bruise. Whatever, it clearly didn't stop him.
Is spousal abuse then OK if the one attacked isn't "stopped" somehow.
I have rather nuanced views about a lot of things.
So yeah. If what I believe is true about the Slick Willy v Godzillary thing is accurate, he deserved much worse than he got.
Hmmm.....a case where one spouse assaulting another didn't go far enuf, eh.
Call me a conservative old prude if you want.
Tom
No, prudishness doesn't seem relevant.
Instead it's tolerance for domestic violence.

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
Well.... I think he did not show good judgement when he kept skinny dipping in from of female secret service agents

or am I just too old fashioned?
I just had to post this.
How could I not!
D3MJ6OaX4AAZ18H.jpg

metis

aged ecumenical anthropologist
OK, so Biden is horribly guilty of being touchy-feely while Trump has been accused by over 20 women of unwanted sexual advances while bragging how he can grope women and forcibly kiss them, but the latter is somehow acceptable with the Trump supporters? Biden has at least openly talked about this but Trump has not other than to just deny everything.

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
OK, so Biden is horribly guilty of being touchy-feely while Trump has been accused by over 20 women of unwanted sexual advances while bragging how he can grope women and forcibly kiss them, but the latter is somehow acceptable with the Trump supporters? Biden has at least openly talked about this but Trump has not other than to just deny everything.
I haven't seen anyone in this thread claim that what Trump's accused of is
"somehow acceptable". But if you're going to deflect from the topic, you should
consider adding Bill Clinton to the mix....just to keep things fair & balanced.

Salvador

RF's Swedenborgian

Not only does Biden make women and girls uncomfortable by invading their personal spaces, Biden had also abused his power by threatening to withdrawal $1 billion of U.S. loans to Ukraine if the Ukrainian government didn't fire the Ukrainian government official who was investigating why a Ukrainian gas company may have paid more than $3 million to a hedge fund company owned by Joe Biden's son. Also, some people fear Joe Biden's brain aneurysm back in 1988 might have since made him a fry short of a happy meal.

metis

aged ecumenical anthropologist
Not only does Biden make women and girls uncomfortable by invading their personal spaces,
I agree, and fortunately he has stated he will stop this. However, I feel he should go a step further and personally apologize to them.

BTW, what about the accusations against Trump and his bragging about how he can grope and forcibly kiss women? I haven't heard him apologize, but what do you think? And how about his walking into women's changing room to catch a freebee and then bragging about it?

Biden had also abused his power by threatening to withdrawal $1 billion of U.S. loans to Ukraine if the Ukrainian government didn't fire the Ukrainian government official who was investigating why a Ukrainian gas company may have paid more than $3 million to a hedge fund company owned by Joe Biden's son.
Could you link me to your source? I'd appreciate that,

Also, some people fear Joe Biden's brain aneurysm back in 1988 might have since made him a fry short of a happy meal.
That's sort of a nasty statement, imo. I have listened to him many times and I simply don't hear what you appear to hear.

Milton Platt

He says hes running next election. He will be 78 and everyone's acting like its a joke, how can someone that old run? Well how about this? Trump is going to be 74 hes a crippled old man too is it any more stupid to vote for Biden then the old man Trump?

Too early to pick a horse in the race.

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber
But then it's virtually impossible for anyone to be worse than who we now have as our leader, namely Vladimir Putin.
Imagine hyper-partisan loyalty that is blindly loyal to a man who fought against and defied Supreme Court rulings that went against his religious convictions, doing so as he served as governor. And he's not an incompetent buffoon.

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
I'm all on board with Biden because I'm leery about some of the other top likelihoods at this point. Now if Uncle Joe can just keep his foot out of his mouth, I'd think he'd be a good president. But then it's virtually impossible for anyone to be worse than who we now have as our leader, namely Vladimir Putin.
You mean that if he can stop.....
- Being so handsy around women.
- Putting his foot in his mouth.
- Recommending shooting people thru the front door with a shotgun.
- Voting to start a needless war.
- Voting to overturn Roe v Wade (1981).
....then he might be a good President.

Really, if Trump is unfit because you decry him as dumb, then Biden is hardly a suitable replacement.