• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Biden and Islam in Schools

Nova2216

I was watching The Ingraham Angle on Fox News and I heard Biden say he wished we would teach Islam in our schools. (to our children)

He has lost his ever loving mind.

EsonauticSage

Between extremes
Providing that Christianity isn't taught in schools either, hopefully not, that would be the worst. :rolleyes:

____

In reality they should lightly expose people to all the various religions, but for many religions (like Islam and Hinduism) the complexities make it too hard to be able to trust a random teacher to be able to accurately convey to the students the ideas involved.

No, for that topic he's sane and rational, Americans have pretty poor understandings of Islam, especially american Christians.

For other reasons though (fondling kids) he's a sicko.

columbus

yawn <ignore> yawn
I was watching The Ingraham Angle on Fox News and I heard Biden say he wished we would teach Islam in our schools. (to our children)

Where's the problem here?
Are you opposed to teaching about religion in schools?
Tom

Altfish

Veteran Member

Shouldn't you be taught about things that you oppose?

Nova2216

Ingraham is notorious for partisan misinformation and attempts to stir up the culture wars.

Wake me up when you have a reliable source reporting this. :sleeping:

I seen and heard Biden say those words on the Ingraham Angle.(Fox News)

It was recorded.

She did not just report it,she showed the recording.

WAKE UP!!!

Last edited:

BSM1

What? Me worry?
Where's the problem here?
Are you opposed to teaching about religion in schools?
Tom

Yes...when you specifically point to one religion sector that may be a viable voting block. Why didn't he mention, Judaism, Shintoism, or Hinduism for example. God forbid Christianity be considered as a main stream school subject.

Yazata

Biden may indeed be losing his mind, due to senility. But I'd guess that it was a more calculated bit of pandering. In the United States and (especially) Europe, Islam has come to symbolize being an outsider, which resonates tremendously on the culturally-alienated left, despite their almost total domination of most of the media these days. Islam has become "woke". So Biden (or whatever speech-writer inserted that line in his remarks) is just tooting on the dog-whistle, hoping to energize his base.

These are the same people who fight tooth and nail to keep Christianity out of the schools, who battle to forbid publicly funded school vouchers on the grounds that they might allow parents to use public funds to send their kids to religious schools. That would presumably include Islamic schools which I assume they would approve of, but Christian schools? Definitely not.

So it turns out, people like Biden are both for religious indoctrination in the schools and against it.

Last edited:

Yazata

Ingraham is notorious for partisan misinformation and attempts to stir up the culture wars.

Wake me up when you have a reliable source reporting this. :sleeping:

Says the British guy whose source of information about American domestic politics seems to be the Guardian.

Yazata

Your standards are slipping, Yazata. There is nothing about "indoctrination" suggested anywhere in what Biden said.

The distinction between 'education' and 'indoctrination' is a pretty fine line, particularly when it's all being done for an ideological and highly moralized 'social change' purpose. There's inevitably going to be massive spin applied to what is taught and how it is taught.

I realize that religious education is an accepted part of the British secondary school curriculum and I don't personally have any objection to that. It can be a valuable thing. My biggest concern is that the treatment of religious ideas can often be over-simplified and bowdlerized.

My complaint about Biden is that he seems to want something for Islam (that its fundamentals be taught in schools) that he or at least his supporters would never tolerate for an instant if it was Christian belief and practice.

Last edited: