• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Biden and Christians on same side

Father Heathen

Veteran Member
You should actually learn what those parts mean before you bring them up. Not judging for example has nothing to do with not calling something wrong when it is. If we don't do that we aren't following Jesus' teaching. Remember how John the Baptist got in trouble for saying a man in power should not steal his brothers wife? That was judging right? Nope. Not in the sense Jesus warned against.
...and the other parts?

SA Huguenot

* While he said in Luke 19 : 27.But those enemies of mine who did not want me to be king over them—bring them here and kill them in front of me.

Jesus advises them “And he that hath no sword, let him sell his garment and buy one”(Luke 22:35-36).
Ouch!
Why would you take one verse out of a story Jesus told the disciples and people, and turn it into something that does not exist?
You know the saying, half a lie is still a lie!

You decided to lay a false allegation on Jesus!
Why?
let me show you what you did!
Start reading from verse 11 and you will see that it is a story Jesus is telling everyone about
1. a KING who left for a far of country, to receive that country also to rule over!
2. This king had the power to give one of his servants the rule over 10 cities, and another over 5 cities.
3. Now, in ancient time such a person who could give rule away over 15 cities, must have been a very powerfull KING.
4. Then you deliberately skipped the information of some citisens who hated the king, and sent message to deny the rule he placed over them.
5. Now, this king had the people who tried to overturn his rule executed.

Now, where on earth did you get that Jesus caleld for war?

You claim that you have huge respect for Jesus, but yet, you go and concoct a lie against Jesus by saying this verse is evidence that Jesus called for war?
Why did you do this against a prophet of Allah?
You are the one slandering Jesus and Mary!
As for Jesus telling them they should go and buy swords, did you read the very next comment of Jesus when they told him, we have one sword?

HE SAID THAT IS ENOUGHT / ADDEQUITE...
Dear MyM, do you think Jesus was a warlord, and called for war with 12 men and one sword?

You missed out on the truth.
This was not calling for war, but at best self defence!

Why did you make Jesus a killer?

MyM

Ouch!
Why would you take one verse out of a story Jesus told the disciples and people, and turn it into something that does not exist?
You know the saying, half a lie is still a lie!

You decided to lay a false allegation on Jesus!
Why?
let me show you what you did!
Start reading from verse 11 and you will see that it is a story Jesus is telling everyone about
1. a KING who left for a far of country, to receive that country also to rule over!
2. This king had the power to give one of his servants the rule over 10 cities, and another over 5 cities.
3. Now, in ancient time such a person who could give rule away over 15 cities, must have been a very powerfull KING.
4. Then you deliberately skipped the information of some citisens who hated the king, and sent message to deny the rule he placed over them.
5. Now, this king had the people who tried to overturn his rule executed.

Now, where on earth did you get that Jesus caleld for war?

You claim that you have huge respect for Jesus, but yet, you go and concoct a lie against Jesus by saying this verse is evidence that Jesus called for war?
Why did you do this against a prophet of Allah?
You are the one slandering Jesus and Mary!
As for Jesus telling them they should go and buy swords, did you read the very next comment of Jesus when they told him, we have one sword?

HE SAID THAT IS ENOUGHT / ADDEQUITE...
Dear MyM, do you think Jesus was a warlord, and called for war with 12 men and one sword?

You missed out on the truth.
This was not calling for war, but at best self defence!

Why did you make Jesus a killer?

I knew the context, and am sorry but it is one of the verses that Jesus himself did quote in the Bible. If you were to do that now in any country of the world, that would be a declaration of war wouldn't it?

I love Eesa alayhi salam (on him peace) will all my heart. I know what he came for and why he did it and the reason for his return. :) I did not mean to slander but people always teach and say God is love ALL THE TIME-it's what I grew up with and not one told me or explained to me the vengeful God how he can be except put in hellfire if they were not saved, or how it says, that Jesus said, you are not of me if you do not pick up your cross and follow me,....but no one is or was fulfilling the teachings of Jesus in the Bible...they eat pork, Jesus did not, Jesus fell on his face to pray, they do not, in the Bible Jesus said he could do nothing of himself, but they claim he is God in the flesh...everythin I was taught and taughht over n over again, was you don't have to do any of that but accept that Jesus died for your sins and you will be saved. ...I did all that...but that just gave me more incentive to sin...then they blame you and say you don't have the holy spirit in you so you can't see the truth...but I was a Christian, born and raised...was a devout "Bible Thumper" even ...camps, journeys, choirs...the whole deal...but they nnever taught me what Jesus said. :) only what they wanted me to believe :) I went and searched for answers and found them :)

SA Huguenot

I knew the context, and am sorry but it is one of the verses that Jesus himself did quote in the Bible. If you were to do that now in any country of the world, that would be a declaration of war wouldn't it?
Only if you skew the context up like you did!
No where in History did any Christian ever use this verse to declare war.

The only time it was made a war verse was when Ahmad Deedad concocted his War Jesus!

SA Huguenot

ut no one is or was fulfilling the teachings of Jesus in the Bible...they eat pork, Jesus did not, Jesus fell on his face to pray, they do not, in the Bible Jesus said he could do nothing of himself, but they claim he is God in the flesh...everythin I was taught and taughht over n over again, was you don't have to do any of that but accept that Jesus died for your sins and you will be saved. ...I did all that...but that just gave me more incentive to sin...then they blame you and say you don't have the holy spirit in you so you can't see the truth...but I was a Christian, born and raised...was a devout "Bible Thumper" even ...camps, journeys, choirs...the whole deal...but they nnever taught me what Jesus said. :) only what they wanted me to believe :) I went and searched for answers and found
First off all, you actually got hold of Ahmad Deedad's book "the Choice", and you were never a Christian who read the Bible. That I can not believe.
Because if you were a Christian and read the Bible, you would know that:
  • Accusing Christians of eating pork, but Jesus did not, is just as bad as the Quran telling me that Muslims can eat Camel flesh! The Torah forbids camel meat and it should be considered Haram! but, look art the hypocricy of your isalmic scholars. They teach Allah allowed Camel, but not pork!
  • To say Jesus fell on his face therefore he must be a Muslim is perhaps one of the greatest lies concocted by Deedad. because:
    • Muslims do not fell on the ground with their face on the floor, nope, they bend, go down, twist, rise ect...and they repeat the salah over and over and over.
    • Jesus prayed to God by talking to god, even the Lords' prayer was given by Jesus for us to see that we can speak to God etc.
    • jesus never prayed to Mecca, but to the temple in Jerusalem.
    • Jesus never praued 5 times a day!, and he never prayed at specific times!
    • Muhammad said anyone who looks at the sky when praying, will go blind, well the prophets of old lifted their hands and prayed to the sky!
Now, why would anyone say Jesus was a Muslim, if Jesus never made a pilgramage to Mecca, or even spoke about Mecca?

Anyhow, I am not a Bible Thumper, that job is the doings of Muslims who uses Deedad's books and believes any Christian who uses the Bible to convey the Gospel, must be a "Bible Thumper".

The Irony:
Muslims are the best at "Thumping" the Bible, they want to tell me about stuff thats not in the Bible at all!

Anyhow, you made Jesus a warlord, and that remains slander. You say you love Jesus, but you speak poorly of him, and changes his words!
Jesus said, pray for your enemies, love them.
turn the other cheek
If someone wants to . . . take your tunic, let him have your cloak as well
Carrying someone’s baggage an extra mile.
Pay onto cesar...

and Paul continues: For rulers are not a terror to good conduct, but to bad. Would you have no fear of the one who is in authority? Then do what is good, and you will receive his approval, for he is God's servant for your good. But if you do wrong, be afraid, for he does not bear the sword in vain. For he is the servant of God, an avenger who carries out God's wrath on the wrongdoer.
Romans 13: 3-4

metis

aged ecumenical anthropologist
I'm going by Catholic church doctrine. If they believe something different than the church says they are by definition poor Catholics.
That's not how the Church functions as we as parishioners have the right of personal discernment.

The Church is like a Roman traffic cop who's pointing in directions but then drivers will deal with it with some agreeing, some partially in agreement, and some going against the direction. If they choose the latter, then that's on them.

MyM

Only if you skew the context up like you did!
No where in History did any Christian ever use this verse to declare war.

The only time it was made a war verse was when Ahmad Deedad concocted his War Jesus!

Ever read what he will do when he returns?

F1fan

Veteran Member
I'm going by Catholic church doctrine. If they believe something different than the church says they are by definition poor Catholics.
My cousins are Catholic, all 9 of them. And it is interesting to see how most of them reject the more obsolete and outdated notions of Church doctrine, including abortion.

They and many other Catholics, including Biden, claim some freedom from the Church. If the Church wants to keep making money it had better accept them and not kick them out. Tolerance is a good business practice.

F1fan

Veteran Member
Conservative "Christians" often don't think Catholics are Christian.
That's funny since the Catholics were the ONLY Christians for over a 1000 years, until Martin Luther protested. Then the protestors protested each other and suddenly tens of thousands of offspring sects running around everywhere.

See, the Catholics were right about using protection.

MyM

First off all, you actually got hold of Ahmad Deedad's book "the Choice", and you were never a Christian who read the Bible. That I can not believe.
Because if you were a Christian and read the Bible, you would know that:
  • Accusing Christians of eating pork, but Jesus did not, is just as bad as the Quran telling me that Muslims can eat Camel flesh! The Torah forbids camel meat and it should be considered Haram! but, look art the hypocricy of your isalmic scholars. They teach Allah allowed Camel, but not pork!
  • To say Jesus fell on his face therefore he must be a Muslim is perhaps one of the greatest lies concocted by Deedad. because:
    • Muslims do not fell on the ground with their face on the floor, nope, they bend, go down, twist, rise ect...and they repeat the salah over and over and over.
    • Jesus prayed to God by talking to god, even the Lords' prayer was given by Jesus for us to see that we can speak to God etc.
    • jesus never prayed to Mecca, but to the temple in Jerusalem.
    • Jesus never praued 5 times a day!, and he never prayed at specific times!
    • Muhammad said anyone who looks at the sky when praying, will go blind, well the prophets of old lifted their hands and prayed to the sky!
Now, why would anyone say Jesus was a Muslim, if Jesus never made a pilgramage to Mecca, or even spoke about Mecca?

Anyhow, I am not a Bible Thumper, that job is the doings of Muslims who uses Deedad's books and believes any Christian who uses the Bible to convey the Gospel, must be a "Bible Thumper".

The Irony:
Muslims are the best at "Thumping" the Bible, they want to tell me about stuff thats not in the Bible at all!

Anyhow, you made Jesus a warlord, and that remains slander. You say you love Jesus, but you speak poorly of him, and changes his words!
Jesus said, pray for your enemies, love them.
turn the other cheek
If someone wants to . . . take your tunic, let him have your cloak as well
Carrying someone’s baggage an extra mile.
Pay onto cesar...

and Paul continues: For rulers are not a terror to good conduct, but to bad. Would you have no fear of the one who is in authority? Then do what is good, and you will receive his approval, for he is God's servant for your good. But if you do wrong, be afraid, for he does not bear the sword in vain. For he is the servant of God, an avenger who carries out God's wrath on the wrongdoer.
Romans 13: 3-4

hmm

You can't tell me I wasn't a practicing Christian. If you do, then you are just like the ones I escaped from. "All you gotta do is believe and don't listen to anyone but us" type of scenario. I did not slander Jesus in any way. He said what he said, and he did INDEED fall on his face and prayed. It's in the Bible :) Matthew 26:39 He went a little farther and fell on His face, and prayed, saying, “O My Father, if it is possible, let this cup pass from Me; nevertheless, not as I will, but as You will.” He was praying to God in a prostrating manner :) You quoted Paul, I quoted Jesus. There's a difference.

Again, what is it that Jesus will do when he returns?

See, the problem is, there are plenty of mistakes in the Bible. When I was a Christian I FOUND THEM and I never heard of Ahmed Deedat. So, it's not hard for any tom dick or harry to find them as well. Then when confronted you say those who are not havin the holy spirit cannot understand them. This is completely wrong, for Christian Theologians, themselves say the Bible has many mistakes. It's not wrong for anyone to find fault with the Bible since there is fault in it. God never endorsed it. He never said this is my book and I made it. So, it's not just me :)

As for the Torah and camel flesh, Allah has permitted it. Actually, camel meat in Islam, is very beneficial for you. It has vitamins and minerals like iron, vitamin B Complex, calcium and phosphorous and it helps lower cholesterol. It is now known the nano-particles in the camel's urine can be used to fight cancer. Camel urine has antimicrobial activity against pathogenic bacteria. Its chemical and organic constituents have also inhibitory properties against fungal growth, human platelets, and parasitic diseases mainly fasciollosis in calves.

SA Huguenot

Ever read what he will do when he returns?
Yes, He will collect the believers and destroy those that hates Him.

Please note, The vengence belongs to God!
Not man!
Humans have no right to tell others they are working for God and can therefor make war and kill those they dont like.

This was the message of Jesus. leave the rightiousness and Judgement to the Father in heaven. Those that hates Him, has already condemned themself!

Still no evidence of Jesus calling people to create a "Holy Jihad"!

SA Huguenot

Conservative "Christians" often don't think Catholics are Christian.
I am a Conservative Christian, actually a Protestant descended for Huguenot ancestry.
I have never had the idea that Catholic believers are not Christian.
If a Catholic believes in the Bible, the Trinity and accepted Jesus as his saviour, they are Christian.
The Same with a Protestant.
If someone calls themself a Christian just because they think joining a Church denomination, they are now saved, well... protestant or Catholic, they are not Christian.

There was a time 300 to 500 years ago when the "Catholic church" persecuted people because they were Jews, Christian suspected dissedents or Muslim or the inquisition tortured and killed them to get their property and money, but that was not the Catholic Church of today at all.
Those inquisitioners, and popes was so ill informed about the Bible, and controlled the world more political like a King, than a religious pious leader.

the reason why this changed was that due to the printed word, the Bible became public domaine, and those political religious leaders could not continue their lies anymore, and transparancy about Christianity became the norm.

the same is happening to Islam.
For hundreds of years, the Muslim scholars was the ones that dictated to Muslim believers what they should think, do and believe.
Today, millions of people are leaving Islam because they have Internet, and transparency about details of religion they were prohibeted to have previously.

No, I take Catholic people as Christian.
However, I do not consider Jehovah Witnesses and Mormons "Christian", because they either do not believe in the Bible, or the Trinity.

Does that make them Bad people?
No!
Are Muslims bad?
No!
Their scholars are the ones that will answer to God.
Greetings.

Last edited:

SA Huguenot

hmm

You can't tell me I wasn't a practicing Christian. If you do, then you are just like the ones I escaped from. "All you gotta do is believe and don't listen to anyone but us" type of scenario. I did not slander Jesus in any way. He said what he said, and he did INDEED fall on his face and prayed. It's in the Bible :) Matthew 26:39 He went a little farther and fell on His face, and prayed, saying, “O My Father, if it is possible, let this cup pass from Me; nevertheless, not as I will, but as You will.” He was praying to God in a prostrating manner :) You quoted Paul, I quoted Jesus. There's a difference.

Again, what is it that Jesus will do when he returns?

See, the problem is, there are plenty of mistakes in the Bible. When I was a Christian I FOUND THEM and I never heard of Ahmed Deedat. So, it's not hard for any tom dick or harry to find them as well. Then when confronted you say those who are not havin the holy spirit cannot understand them. This is completely wrong, for Christian Theologians, themselves say the Bible has many mistakes. It's not wrong for anyone to find fault with the Bible since there is fault in it. God never endorsed it. He never said this is my book and I made it. So, it's not just me :)

As for the Torah and camel flesh, Allah has permitted it. Actually, camel meat in Islam, is very beneficial for you. It has vitamins and minerals like iron, vitamin B Complex, calcium and phosphorous and it helps lower cholesterol. It is now known the nano-particles in the camel's urine can be used to fight cancer. Camel urine has antimicrobial activity against pathogenic bacteria. Its chemical and organic constituents have also inhibitory properties against fungal growth, human platelets, and parasitic diseases mainly fasciollosis in calves.
Well, you are wecome to drink Camil urine.
I cant stop you.
But do you know that it was deadly to many people?
https://health.usnews.com/health-news/articles/2014/07/22/mers-virus-found-in-air-in-camel-barn
Do you know that because Muslims drink Camel urine, they are now spreading a more deadly disease than Covid?
Middle East respiratory syndrome–related coronavirus - Wikipedia

Nice to know Muhammad made one terrible mistake about medicine.