• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Biden and Christians on same side

MyM

I assume that the Christian litigants want to bolster
their constitutional position by encouraging flags from
other religions, eg, Islam, atheism, Buddhism.
That way, government wouldn't be favoring any one.

Just a ploy.

MyM

Which to my mind renders them antiChrists, by definition. It astounds me how they can hold attitudes totally contrary to what Jesus taught but think they are righteous and true Christians. It goes along with the GOP's political corruption.

Gotta be careful on that score, Jesus taught war as well and God was also a vengeful God according to the Old Testament. :)

MyM

Jesus taught War?
Please give me the verses where Jesus taught war!

* While he said in Luke 19 : 27.But those enemies of mine who did not want me to be king over them—bring them here and kill them in front of me.

Jesus advises them “And he that hath no sword, let him sell his garment and buy one”(Luke 22:35-36).

Wu Wei

ursus senum severiorum and ex-Bisy Backson
So...Biden is a Christian, then. :shrug:

Yes, yes he is a professed Catholic would be a christian.... its called detail, and or additional proof..aka conformation.....not all that confusing actually, and certainly not worth multiple posts

Last edited:

Left Coast

This Is Water
Staff member
Premium Member
Yes, yes he is a professed Catholic would be a christian.... its called detail, and or additional proof..aka conformation.....not all that confusing actually, and certainly not worth multiple posts

I agree it's not all that confusing that Biden is a Christian, which is why I'm baffled that you keep insisting on saying "professed" or "claims to be" or "would be" Christian.

Do you put those qualifiers on anyone whose religion you're discussing? It's bizarre and implies that you don't think the person actually is what they say they are.

Wu Wei

I agree it's not all that confusing that Biden is a Christian, which is why I'm baffled that you keep insisting on saying "professed" or "claims to be" or "would be" Christian.

Do you put those qualifiers on anyone whose religion you're discussing? It's bizarre and implies that you don't think the person actually is what they say they are.

1 post is insisting!? if you had not responded with questions it is all it would have been...1 post. So what exactly is your point here?

Left Coast

This Is Water
Staff member
Premium Member
1 post is insisting!? if you had not responded with questions it is all it would have been...1 post. So what exactly is your point here?

My point is that you don't seem to want to simply say that Biden is a Christian. I find that fascinating.

Wu Wei

My point is that you don't seem to want to simply say that Biden is a Christian. I find that fascinating.

Hmm, do you remember posting

Catholicism is a version of Christianity.

And I responded with "yes it is" kind of sats he's a christian....thereby making your point, that I will not call Biden a Christian...pointless...because I have

I find the fact that you are trying to make an issue out of 1 post that was just confirming he is a christian by stating he claims to be catholic, rather interesting, since you even said it was a version of christianity and I agreed.

FYI: I'm not going to bite and make this some big argument/thread war, might I suggest you move on to someone else to give it a try, because frankly, this is pointless and to continue this because it is rather silly. TTFN

Left Coast

This Is Water
Staff member
Premium Member
Hmm, do you remember posting

And I responded with "yes it is" kind of sats he's a christian....

I find the fact that you are trying to make an issue out of 1 post that was just confirming he is a christian by stating he claims to be catholic, rather interesting, since you even said it was a version of christianity and I agreed.

FYI: I'm not going to bite and make this some big argument/thread war, might I suggest you move on to someone else to give it a try, because frankly, this is pointless and to continue this is rather silly. TTFN

This isn't a thread war. We're in agreement. Biden is a Christian. :thumbsup:

F1fan

Veteran Member
Gotta be careful on that score, Jesus taught war as well and God was also a vengeful God according to the Old Testament. :)
The Bible is an inconsistent book that offers any believer justification for anything, good and bad. Confederate South were good, decent, God-fearing Baptists who used the Bible to justify enslaving black people, and then going to war to keep those black people enslaved. It cost 600,000 people, mostly young American boys.

This is what happens when believers trust their interpretation of the Bible and have little moral sense to guide their behavior. Conservative Christians are not to be trusted, as they demonstrate beliefs that are contrary to what Jesus taught, and will follow their dogma over their moral sense. They voted heavily for trump. Twice.

F1fan

Veteran Member
What is "Right Wing Christian Extremism"?
I dont know that why I am asking.
Tim McVey is probably the best known example. But it is any conservative Christian who thinks the USA should be a Christian nation, and will allow religion (Christianity) to be a heavy influence in public policy, like the trump supreme court judges, all right wing Christians with very right wing beliefs. We are already seeing signs they will overturn reproductive rights, which goes against what the majority of citizens want.

Wildswanderer

Veteran Member
Except for the parts about love, forgiveness, turning the other cheek, not judging, plank in the eye, camel through the eye of a needle, etc.
You should actually learn what those parts mean before you bring them up. Not judging for example has nothing to do with not calling something wrong when it is. If we don't do that we aren't following Jesus' teaching. Remember how John the Baptist got in trouble for saying a man in power should not steal his brothers wife? That was judging right? Nope. Not in the sense Jesus warned against.