• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Biden’s approval dips to lowest of presidency, polls finds

Kenny

Face to face with my Father
Premium Member
How do you propose to do that? It is a nice ideal, but I mean in practice. And what happens if you do that and the problem is really something else?
Let's back up for a minute

People are saying that the President doesn't have much power. that may have been true 100 years ago but not today.

The Supreme Court was suppose to be the least powerful but now it legislates from the bench It isn't what it used to be.

Congress has lost the most power. It is suppose to give us a balance budget and hasn't done it for decades.

The President stopped the pipeline, gave permission to have an Iranian nuclear power plant, makes treatise, Is the Commander in Chief, sets things in motion... so don't say they don't have power.

Or was it someone else who said he didn't? :)

PoetPhilosopher

Veteran Member

People are saying that the President doesn't have much power. that may have been true 100 years ago but not today.

The Supreme Court was suppose to be the least powerful but now it legislates from the bench It isn't what it used to be.

Congress has lost the most power. It is suppose to give us a balance budget and hasn't done it for decades.

The President stopped the pipeline, gave permission to have an Iranian nuclear power plant, makes treatise, Is the Commander in Chief, sets things in motion... so don't say they don't have power.

Republicans try to make the President the center of everything, they label this, whether correctly or incorrectly, I think incorrectly, as "small government", and they're bent on bending the rules to get it.

Democrats I think try to rule more as government was intended. Which the Republicans try to call "big government", again I think maybe using the term incorrectly.

If I'm wrong, I'd like to see the evidence which refutes my points. A link works just fine. I don't want to go around being wrong.

Biden has used an unusual amount of power, yes, but to get things back that Trump changed and in more working order.

Kenny

Premium Member
Republicans try to make the President the center of everything, they label this, whether correctly or incorrectly, I think incorrectly, as "small government", and they're bent on bending the rules to get it.

Democrats I think try to rule more as government was intended. Which the Republicans try to call "big government", again I think maybe using the term incorrectly.

If I'm wrong, I'd like to see the evidence which refutes my points. A link works just fine. I don't want to go around being wrong.

Biden has used an unusual amount of power, yes, but to get things back that Trump changed and in more working order.
My position is that both have manipulated the people to make big government no matter who is in charge.

Neither are ruling as intended.

PoetPhilosopher

Veteran Member
My position is that both have manipulated the people to make big government no matter who is in charge.

Neither are ruling as intended.

I agree, actually. And I'm a Democrat. I think it's time for change. Term limits & getting younger people in there.

mikkel_the_dane

My own religion

It is that Congress has lost power. Now we stop the President from doing what he shouldn't do? First off, who is that we? Is it Congress? Then you have to fix Congress, because they are not going to do it.
The President is the symptom. the problem is Congress.

Kenny

Premium Member
It is that Congress has lost power. Now we stop the President from doing what he shouldn't do? First off, who is that we? Is it Congress? Then you have to fix Congress, because they are not going to do it.
The President is the symptom. the problem is Congress.
Agreed...

And the Congress is the thermometer of the people who elected them.

John Adams: Our Constitution was made only for a moral and religious people. It is wholly inadequate to the government of any other.

This is the reason it isn't working. We are neither religious nor are we a moral people

mikkel_the_dane

My own religion
Agreed...

And the Congress is the thermometer of the people who elected them.

John Adams: Our Constitution was made only for a moral and religious people. It is wholly inadequate to the government of any other.

This is the reason it isn't working. We are neither religious nor are we a moral people

Then get the Danish one. We are neither moral nor religious by your standard, yet it works.
But that is not really the correct answer, because it is not the Constitution, which is the issue. It is that we as a society has an overall value system, that works in certain way.