• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Biden’s approval dips to lowest of presidency, polls finds

The Hammer

[REDACTED]
Premium Member
As I said any president. Btw, I dont like biden or trump

Me either. I just find it funny.

Stuff like the republican side screaming about debt when they aren't in power. Or how the Dems will get in to power, but can't keep a coherent image because Plurality leads to fluctuating opinions.

F1fan

Veteran Member
not if he looses it.
Game isn't over yet.

I wonder if he will run it 2024?

I suppose he doesn't have to, but then who will?

Just over half of Democrats say they want their party to nominate a different candidate than President Joe Biden in the 2024 presidential election, according to a new poll.
The poll, released by CNN on Sunday, asked registered Democrats and Democratic-leaning independents who they believe the party "should nominate as the party's candidate for president in 2024," giving them the options of Biden or a different candidate.
Forty-five percent of Democrats said the party should renominate Biden, while 51 percent said they preferred an alternative. Five percent said they had no opinion on the matter.
Of the Democrats who said they wanted a different candidate over Biden, 31 percent said it's because they don't want the president to be reelected, while 35 percent said it's because they don't think Biden could win against Republicans. Nineteen percent noted concerns about the president's age—Biden is 79 years old.
Over half of Democrats want party to back alternative to Biden in 2024: Poll
I heard a report that Biden has decided not to run for the 2024 election. I think he would be smart not to run. He has done a pretty good job (if you understand the challenges he inherited) given the post pandemic division. The war in Ukraine has made the global economy worse and no president would have the magic to fix it.

I'd like to see Katie Porter run for president. She is one sharp cookie, and very practical in how she approaches problems and solutions.

F1fan

Veteran Member
Isn't that where everybody is scrambling around, jumping up and down hoping a miracle happens? I don't think that is managing the game but rather a last resort.
You watch too much right wing disinformation. But at least you acknowledge Biden won the 2020 election.

Shaul

Premium Member
Biden is like that quarterback "no one" likes that can't throw a complete pass over 20 yards, but knows how to manage the game.
I could never have pictured Joe Biden as a football quarterback in a hundred years. Trying to imagine such a mental image now makes me want to laugh, not be inspired. The guy looks like a stiff breeze could knock him over. Actually I think one did when he was trying to climb stairs boarding an airplane. Thanks for the laughs, although that probably wasn’t your intention.

Watchmen

Premium Member
Biden is like that quarterback "no one" likes that can't throw a complete pass over 20 yards, but knows how to manage the game.
You think he knows how to manage the game? Do you think he’s managing the game? And doing it well?

esmith

Veteran Member
I heard a report that Biden has decided not to run for the 2024 election. I think he would be smart not to run. He has done a pretty good job (if you understand the challenges he inherited) given the post pandemic division.
Just what has he done that makes you think that?(list please)

F1fan

Veteran Member
Just what has he done that makes you think that?(list please)
Despite coming in after the massive Trump disinformation against Covid and the election, Biden did great in organizing vaccinations and almost reached his goal of 100 million last spring. He set rational and expert guidelines for society to help minimize the spread of Covid. The public health experts were able to speak freely and expertly, finally.

He also promoted the infrastructure investment bills that got bipartisan support. He's been working to fund more infrastructure that we desperately need to help the economy grow. That has been slowed by Republicans. He has rebuilt the government so it can do it's job, replaced poorly qualified people with experts. Our pandemic response has been very good. Don't confuse the opposition by Republicans as Biden's failures. Like other presidents there have been bad things, the Afghanistan withdrawals was a failure, but that was obviously flawed starting with Trump's agreement. The war in Ukraine and global economic problems due to the pandemic have caused inflation to skyrocket, and Biden is doing what he can to help mitigate the effects. This is what any Republican would do, hopefully.

To be serious if Biden's approval is 39% that really means it is 78%, because Republicans aren't going to approve no matter what. I think he's doing a pretty good job. he's no perfect, and no president is. He's not the King, he's hired to manage our affairs and set policies that help the lives of the average citizen.

Brickjectivity

wind and rain touch not this brain
Staff member
Premium Member
China's economy is crashing, real estate value bubble bursting, affecting our own economy. Many people are not going to be happy when the stock market turns bear and the job market tightens. A bear economy always causes problems for sitting presidents, regardless of foreign policy and many other policies.

It wouldn't surprise me if the parties began to change candidates every four years. It might be a good idea to make it a law. What gain is there in having the same president for eight years?

crossfire

LHP Mercuræn Feminist Heretic ☿
Premium Member
The two major candidates featured in the last election really stunk. We can only hope for better next time.

Twilight Hue

Twilight, not bright nor dark, good nor bad.
Before being skirted off by his handlers before profusely apologizing that's not what he means.

mikkel_the_dane

My own religion
This is true but when bad, it is still bad. What he has to loose is, as you said, just his seat but we loose much more.

It is not as simple as that. If enough people blame any president for something, which is not in her power, she can still loose, but the bad is not on the president.

PoetPhilosopher

Veteran Member
I could never have pictured Joe Biden as a football quarterback in a hundred years. Trying to imagine such a mental image now makes me want to laugh, not be inspired. The guy looks like a stiff breeze could knock him over. Actually I think one did when he was trying to climb stairs boarding an airplane. Thanks for the laughs, although that probably wasn’t your intention.

It's okay. Sometimes life is funny even when it doesn't try to be.

Kenny

Face to face with my Father
Premium Member
I didn't hear you say anything about the 30 trillion dollar debt during the last admin. It only gets *****ed about during the Dems run. Weird
Actually, I did. :)

And have been at every presidency.

Kenny

Face to face with my Father
Premium Member
It is not as simple as that. If enough people blame any president for something, which is not in her power, she can still loose, but the bad is not on the president.
There is a lot of power in those executive orders (which I think should be trimmed WAAAy back) for all presidents.

mikkel_the_dane

My own religion
There is a lot of power in those executive orders (which I think should be trimmed WAAAy back) for all presidents.

How do you propose to do that? It is a nice ideal, but I mean in practice. And what happens if you do that and the problem is really something else?

esmith

Veteran Member
Despite coming in after the massive Trump disinformation against Covid and the election, Biden did great in organizing vaccinations and almost reached his goal of 100 million last spring. He set rational and expert guidelines for society to help minimize the spread of Covid. The public health experts were able to speak freely and expertly, finally.
Who provided the vaccine to give Biden the chance to implement the vaccine progarm.
All he did was continue what the previous administration put in place to help stem the flow of Covid

He also promoted the infrastructure investment bills that got bipartisan support. He's been working to fund more infrastructure that we desperately need to help the economy grow. That has been slowed by Republicans. He has rebuilt the government so it can do it's job, replaced poorly qualified people with experts. Our pandemic response has been very good. Don't confuse the opposition by Republicans as Biden's failures. Like other presidents there have been bad things, the Afghanistan withdrawals was a failure, but that was obviously flawed starting with Trump's agreement. The war in Ukraine and global economic problems due to the pandemic have caused inflation to skyrocket, and Biden is doing what he can to help mitigate the effects. This is what any Republican would do, hopefully.
Seen any work being accomplished on infastructure?

To be serious if Biden's approval is 39% that really means it is 78%, because Republicans aren't going to approve no matter what. I think he's doing a pretty good job. he's no perfect, and no president is. He's not the King, he's hired to manage our affairs and set policies that help the lives of the average citizen.
So, only 39% of Democrats approve of Biden......
You seem to be living in an alternate universe if you believe he is doing a good job.