• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Bicyclists Beware!

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
Something similar happened in Illinois a few years ago, where a local ran down some cyclist while apparently under the influence. He was savvy enough to immediately go to a local tavern so that he could have plausible deniability when he was finally arrested.

Glad to hear that you survived, but sorry to hear about the injuries and property damage. Of course, there are civil means to recover loss and impart punishment.
I hired a lawyer, & (as I recall) got $10K minus the lawyer's fee.
Btw, it wasn't profitable enuf to be worth trying again.

Dan From Smithville

What's up Doc?
Staff member
Premium Member
Yes.....a froggy bike.
I had a one such bike long ago....a Jeunet.
Not something you could hunt from then.

A friend has a Seven. It was custom built off of his measurements. I dated a woman that had a Peugeot that was unclaimed property she bought for $50 at a police auction. She did not know what she had until she started removing spray paint that had been applied to it.

Was a Jeunet an expensive and advanced bike for the time?

Subduction Zone

Veteran Member
What really winds motorists up is when they have managed to overtake you and then see you sailing past them again at the next traffic jam.
On the main downtown Minneapolis street I could ride at a speed so that I hit all of the traffic lights without slowing down or stopping. It probably did irritate some of the drivers that I kept constantly passing in the bike lane. They then would zip to the next stop light while I merely kept up a steady speed. You think they might have learned from that.

Dan From Smithville

What's up Doc?
Staff member
Premium Member
I hired a lawyer, & (as I recall) got $10K minus the lawyer's fee.
Btw, it wasn't profitable enuf to be worth trying again.
I know how that goes. It seems like lawsuits are easy, but you have to weigh the value of filing and pressing one. That is not always the best approach even in a country where people sue for any reason.

Twilight Hue

Twilight, not bright nor dark, good nor bad.
Many drivers are dangerous to us....on purpose.
In the news....
Study: Aggressive Driving is Linked to Seeing Cyclists as ‘Less than Human’

Back in the late 70s, one driver ran me down on purpose.
He told the cops he wanted to break my neck, & was disappointed that I survived.
(I did survive though.)
Probably because a lot of bicyclists come across as rude and arrogant as they oftentimes cause massive backups and dangerous situations with people trying to go around them.

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
Not something you could hunt from then.

A friend has a Seven. It was custom built off of his measurements. I dated a woman that had a Peugeot that was unclaimed property she bought for $50 at a police auction. She did not know what she had until she started removing spray paint that had been applied to it.

Was a Jeunet an expensive and advanced bike for the time?
It was nice (single butted tubing) but nothing fancy.

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
Probably because a lot of bicyclists come across as rude and arrogant as they oftentimes cause massive backups and dangerous situations with people trying to go around them.
And if one cyclist offends them, might as well
kill any of'm since they're all in the same group, eh.

Brickjectivity

Turned to Stone. Now I stretch daily.
Staff member
Premium Member
Cars are unnatural and they displease God. The worship of Automobiles is killing the Earth.
Imagine how fast cats could go if we designed bicycles for them. They are already quite fast and already quite lazy, but if we made bicycles for them they would become even lazier.

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
Imagine how fast cats could go if we designed bicycles for them. They are already quite fast and already quite lazy, but if we made bicycles for them they would become even lazier.
giphy.gif

Brickjectivity

Turned to Stone. Now I stretch daily.
Staff member
Premium Member
Many drivers are dangerous to us....on purpose.
In the news....
Study: Aggressive Driving is Linked to Seeing Cyclists as ‘Less than Human’

Back in the late 70s, one driver ran me down on purpose.
He told the cops he wanted to break my neck, & was disappointed that I survived.
(I did survive though.)
The truth is that I can't stand bicyclists, because they are slim, because they are daring in traffic, because they show off and because somehow bicycle seats are built just for them. There's something wrong or evil about bicycle seats. Your weight is supposed to be on your feet and your backside, but somehow it isn't. The seats are not right. How do you people take it? Its like...ouch.

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
The truth is that I can't stand bicyclists, because they are slim, because they are daring in traffic, because they show off and because somehow bicycle seats are built just for them. There's something wrong or evil about bicycle seats. Your weight is supposed to be on your feet and your backside, but somehow it isn't. The seats are not right. How do you people take it? Its like...ouch.
Recumbent bike riders call regular diamond frame bike seats "wedgies" cuz they're
so uncomfortable. Long rides require very special clothing, & proper fit.
Recumbents (aka bents) are far more comfortable, & allow ordinary clothing.
And the view is better even when an aerodynamic position.

I don't have one anymore, but my old one was of this layout....
RIDER.jpg

Nothing says "Nerd!" like a riding a bent.

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber
I blame everyone is this "debate." Motorists are ******** to cyclists, but it's not too uncommon to find a cyclists who only narrowly avoids serious injury due to someone else's quick response time. I want a high-powered taser dart for drivers who act like cyclists aren't worthy of road respect, but also for those cyclists who swerve in-and-out of traffic at high speeds and suddenly pull out in front of oncoming traffic.
My response,. Uh, hur... Dash cam.
I might look into those since I drive for Lyft now.