• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Bicycles!

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
What bikes do you like?

I've ridden recumbents, but not this one....
carbonaero20_lrg_0.jpg

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
Recumbents are fast, but folders are most practical.
This one costs about $5000 (too rich for me).
The Dahon Rolhoff......
Dahon-Mu-Rohloff-belt-drive-folding-bicycle01.jpg

Belt drive, disk breaks & Rolhoff hub

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
The British Brompton is about the smallest practical folding bike.
This one is a fancy titanium framed one.....very spendy!
th

Rick O'Shez

Irishman bouncing off walls
Bikes are a great way to travel but here in the UK it's quite dangerous because there aren't many cycle paths and most car drivers are clueless. I always wear a helmet though! I have a fairly basic lightweight road bike. Mountain bikes are very popular here, I can't understand why because they are horrible heavy things and totally unsuited to road use....and 99% of the people who buy them never go near a mountain!

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
Helmets are a necessity.
After one bad accident.....well, not an accident....he intentionally ran me down....I'm likely alive in a non-drooling stage because of my Bell helmet.

Marisa

I haven't tried a recumbent, but the last time I was on a 10 speed I quickly discovered that, even with gel padding in the seat, my 48 year old derriere is much too tender for the average seat.

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
I haven't tried a recumbent, but the last time I was on a 10 speed I quickly discovered that, even with gel padding in the seat, my 48 year old derriere is much too tender for the average seat.
Them "wedgie" seats take much getting used to.
Even pro racers wind up with big ole butt sores.
Recumbents let you ride a hundred miles or more with a smile instead of a grimace.
And except on uphills, they're faster.
But they're seriously nerdy.

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
Why did somebody run you down?
I never heard a reason, but the cops said he was disappointed I didn't have a broken neck.
He was drunk too.
The court took away his license for a whole year as punishment for attempted murder.

This is part of why I loathe drunk drivers, & want them all severely punished.

Marisa

Them "wedgie" seats take much getting used to.
Even pro racers wind up with big ole butt sores.
Recumbents let you ride a hundred miles or more with a smile instead of a grimace.
And except on uphills, they're faster.
But they're seriously nerdy.
I've been nerdy my whole life. I gave up caring a long time ago. We're hopefully moving to the desert in a few years, maybe I'll try one out. Few hills in desert. ;)

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
I've been nerdy my whole life. I gave up caring a long time ago. We're hopefully moving to the desert in a few years, maybe I'll try one out. Few hills in desert. ;)
Be sure to have a mirror on your handlebar & also on your helmet.
Only the paranoid survive.

Marisa

Be sure to have a mirror on your handlebar & also on your helmet.
Only the paranoid survive.
The great thing about many of the desert towns I've lived in is that they have bicycle lanes. Precautions obviously never fall out of necessity, but bicycle lanes are the bomb!

Wu Wei

ursus senum severiorum and ex-Bisy Backson
I have 2 old Panasonics, yes, they did make bikes.... well I had two Panasonics.... a 10 speed and a Mountain bike...... my oldest is off to college next year and he decided my mountain bike is now his.... which is ok.... it was my dad's and I decided it was mine years ago..... I now only have the 10 speed, which was originally mine....25, 30 years ago.... and I hate the seats on those things

Last edited:

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
Well if it was his choice, I suppose I support it. I'm skeptical, though, given that his mouth is strapped closed with a pretty good sized leather strap. o_O
What he really wanted was one of these....
Ball+gag+and+harness+12-04-2013.jpg

But that was just to S&M for public viewing.