• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Bicycles Rule!

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
Will they be eligible to be charged with failure to stop if they get hit for not stopping at a stop sign or are going to be given the legal right of way over vehicles at stop signs?
I imagine so.
Allowing rolling stops assumes great care by cyclists.
As the article says, research supports this reducing accidents.

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber
Seems reasonable. I thought bicycles were considered pedestrians anyways.
And why call it a "so-called 'California roll?'" 'Round these parts we call it a rolling stop, legally and in common discourse.

Flame

Beware
This is a thing? We've never had this bicycle issues within our state. Of course the entire state's population could fit within L.A.

sun rise

The world is on fire
Premium Member
And why call it a "so-called 'California roll?'" 'Round these parts we call it a rolling stop, legally and in common discourse.
Actually it's called a California stop. One does it as long as there are no black&whites in the vicinity. But using pedestrians for target practice is frowned upon.

idav

Being
Premium Member
But using pedestrians for target practice is frowned upon.
In which states?
giphy.gif

David T

Premium Member
I don't know if it will reduce accidents or not. There seems to be conflicting information in regards to motorcycle helmet laws as to whether it actually does reduce deaths or not. The information seems rather interpretive. The bicycle no stop law forces people to be very alert around while getting rid of the law reduces the need to be alert. It kind of turns stop situation I don't have to pay attention. There are plenty of cyclists on the rode that seem to be oblivious to the dangers of bicycle riding. It's like yea you may be in the right in accidents but a the same time you are always the loser in all accidents involving other vehicles. I have never seen someone injured in a car between a car and bicycle and the bicyclist is not even scratched. The inverse is almost always true.

Last edited:

David1967

Premium Member

I thought a California roll was a kind of Sushi.

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
Alas, my new bike won't be shipped in time for the October engine show.
I was hoping to ride it around, & entertain the other gearheads with its
elegance in design & functionality.
Titanium folding frame
10 speeds
Largest wheels (24") of any compactly folding bike.
Helix - The New Standard In Folding Bikes
helix-a-folding-bike-people-would-actually-like-to-buy-12.jpg