• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Biblical prophesy

Subduction Zone

Veteran Member
KenS, when you can debate properly tell me. I explained several times to you why that prophecy failed and you have no ability to respond to that failure.

Kenny

Face to face with my Father
Premium Member
Your so called evidence was so weak that was all that was needed. Remember you were the one that was afraid to present it properly.
Again... you are the one making unsupported statements, :D

Yet Israel stands, without fear, and in stark contrast to your statement that it isn't there. :)

Subduction Zone

Veteran Member
Again... you are the one making unsupported statements, :D

Yet Israel stands, without fear, and in stark contrast to your statement that it isn't there. :)
Wrong again Ken, you know that is not true. You lost. I explained why you lost I will explain again:

In the one source that you linked you did not properly quote the pertinent claims of that site. That alone was an act of cowardice or incompetence, the two are sometimes hard drive to tell apart. At any rate that lowered the bar for a refutation. All I had to do to refute that dishonest site was to tell you what they did the wrong.

You were free to quote them and show how they were not quote mining, but you knew that I was correct. Your inaction confirmed my claims.

Kenny

Premium Member
Wrong again Ken, you know that is not true. You lost. I explained why you lost I will explain again:

In the one source that you linked you did not properly quote the pertinent claims of that site. That alone was an act of cowardice or incompetence, the two are sometimes hard drive to tell apart. At any rate that lowered the bar for a refutation. All I had to do to refute that dishonest site was to tell you what they did the wrong.

You were free to quote them and show how they were not quote mining, but you knew that I was correct. Your inaction confirmed my claims.
yes... yes... when you don't have a position just denagrate the poster.

Actually, it is obvious you have no clue as to how to interpret the Bible. I understand that and accept that nothing that is said will ever be enough.

But, since Jewish writers of the NT disagree with you... well 'nuff said.

Subduction Zone

Veteran Member
yes... yes... when you don't have a position just denagrate the poster.

Actually, it is obvious you have no clue as to how to interpret the Bible. I understand that and accept that nothing that is said will ever be enough.

But, since Jewish writers of the NT disagree with you... well 'nuff said.
I already showed you to be wrong. And of course you started this downhill slide.

Where do the Jewish writers disagree with me? I am dying to find out.

Kenny

Premium Member
I already showed you to be wrong. And of course you started this downhill slide.

Where do the Jewish writers disagree with me? I am dying to find out.
That it might be fullfilled that was spoken by the prophet...

And when Jesus said, Moses, the prophets and the Psalms spoke of me. And you can't get more Jewish than Jesus.

Last edited:

Subduction Zone

Veteran Member
That it might be fullfilled that was spoken by the prophet...

And when Jesus said, Moses, the prophet and the Psalms spoke of me. And you can't get more Jewish than Jesus.
:facepalm:. That is not what the Jewish writers said,that is what the author of that book of the New Testament said.

Subduction Zone

Veteran Member
Hmmm... nope... you will have to do better than that. Matthew and John were Jewish as well as Mark.
Your post implied the original Jewish authors of the Old Testament. Not the authors of Matthew and John, who were almost surely not Matthew and John. And it is hard to say if they were Jewish or not either.

Kenny

Premium Member
Your post implied the original Jewish authors of the Old Testament. Not the authors of Matthew and John, who were almost surely not Matthew and John. And it is hard to say if they were Jewish or not either.

Like I said...

I think you are just proving again and again my statement "We know that you don't believe and that nothing that we say will change your position" (paraphrased) :D

:tearsofjoy::tearsofjoy::tearsofjoy:

sojourner

Annoyingly Progressive Since 2006
Actually, Matthew is almost certainly Judaic.

Subduction Zone

Veteran Member
Actually, Matthew is almost certainly Judaic.

More properly the author of Matthew. Do you have a reliable source for that? I have heard that Matthew was written for the Jews,but that does not mean the author had to be Jewish.

Edit: No need, found it for myself.

Kenny

Premium Member
So you have no clue when it comes to the authors of the Gospels. Serious Bible students do not believe that they were written by the people that they were named for.

You really aren't being "serious" by using another of the many fallacies that you seem to be so good at using..

Last edited:

Kangaroo Feathers

Yea, it is written in the Book of Cyril...
Matthew 24:1-2: "And Jesus went out, and departed from the Temple: and His disciples came to Him for to shew Him the buildings of the Temple. And Jesus said unto them, "See ye not all these things? Verily I say unto you, there shall not be left here one stone upon another, that shall not be thrown down.” After 1,878 years (70A.D.-1948) the Jewish people returned to Israel and became officially recognized as a Nation on May 14, 1948. Jeremiah 30:3-4: “For, lo, the days come, saith the LORD, that I will bring again the captivity of my people Israel and Judah, saith the LORD: and I will cause them to return to the land that I gave to their fathers, and they shall possess it. (4) And these [are] the words that the LORD spake concerning Israel and concerning Judah.” Ezekiel 38:8: “After many days thou shalt be visited: in the latter years thou shalt come into the land [that is] brought back from the sword, [and is] gathered out of many people, against the mountains of Israel, which have been always waste: but it is brought forth out of the nations, and they shall dwell safely all of them.”

Seems pretty clear to me. But then again, we all think differently.
There's a lot of scholarship that says those verses are about the Babylonian captivity, and as for the Jesus quote, the part about 3 days was mysteriously absent. Hardly unambiguous, either way.

Kenny

Premium Member
There's a lot of scholarship that says those verses are about the Babylonian captivity, and as for the Jesus quote, the part about 3 days was mysteriously absent. Hardly unambiguous, either way.
I understand that there are scholars that differ in many areas. There are scholars that say that the Bible is just an accumulation of fabricated stories.

However, most scholars and most Jews know that the promise of Israel becoming a nation again is a fulfillment of prophecy.