• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Biblical Numerology

e.r.m.

Church of Christ
I was in the hospital last year, and I had someone in the room with me who was a big-time advocate for Christian numerology. And I also found a website, which regrettably I can't find any more, which espoused what that gentleman spoke about. It basically cross referenced the number of each chapter of the Bible (e.g. Isaiah 32 is the ?th chapter of the Bible and so on) with some other significance. Has any one here ever heard of this? Although some swear by this, I believe this belief system is based on nothing as the chapter and verse numbers were added only later and were not part of the original intention. Any thoughts?

(If I find a relevant website, I'll add it).

Magus

the chapter and verse numbers are not part of the actual scripture themselves therefore are meaningless.

Grandliseur

I was in the hospital last year, and I had someone in the room with me who was a big-time advocate for Christian numerology. And I also found a website, which regrettably I can't find any more, which espoused what that gentleman spoke about. It basically cross referenced the number of each chapter of the Bible (e.g. Isaiah 32 is the ?th chapter of the Bible and so on) with some other significance. Has any one here ever heard of this? Although some swear by this, I believe this belief system is based on nothing as the chapter and verse numbers were added only later and were not part of the original intention. Any thoughts?

While I would say that there are endless numbers of things to learn from the Bible. I keep finding things after all these years.

It is possible that God has hidden things in the numbers. Unfortunately, I don't put much trust in this kind of speculation. Fortunately, God has written to us things that may be easily understood. Things that show us the path to salvation.

In this then, it comes down to someone demonstrating by example irrefutable things connected to prophesies. This I haven't seen anywhere.

e.r.m.

Church of Christ
While I would say that there are endless numbers of things to learn from the Bible. I keep finding things after all these years.

It is possible that God has hidden things in the numbers. Unfortunately, I don't put much trust in this kind of speculation. Fortunately, God has written to us things that may be easily understood. Things that show us the path to salvation.

In this then, it comes down to someone demonstrating by example irrefutable things connected to prophesies. This I haven't seen anywhere.
Thank you.

Faithofchristian

If I may say, your right, Before the Scriptures were put in book form as the bible is.

There were no chapters or Verse's or Periods or Commas to indicate an end of one sentence and the start of another sentence.nor was there any comma's in between words

The scriptures were a continuous reading from top to bottom.

In the scriptures where a Period should be, the writers would skip down, two lines, indicating the end of one sentence and the beginning of other sentence. Just like i did here,I skip down then started another sentence

Where a comma should be the writers would skip over and leave a blank in between two words this indicating where a comma should be after a word
I hope this help

Last edited:

Muffled

Jesus in me

Yes I have heard it mentioned that there are 66 chapters in Isaiah and 66 books in the Protestant Bible and they correspond.

Muffled

Jesus in me
the chapter and verse numbers are not part of the actual scripture themselves therefore are meaningless.

In astrology they talk about something called the collective unconscious. The idea is that our minds are tuned in to the vibrations of the universe and often reflect that in the way we do things like number chapters.