• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Bible translators unbiased???

jtartar

Do you believe the bible transcribers (translators), those written about in the bible before the book of Genesis (in the preface), are completely free of theological doctrinal bias when translating the scriptures into the English language?? i.e., Are they biased when choosing the meaning of a word from a lexicon when translating to the English??

In the love of Christ, sincerely, The Real Milk Man.

God loves you, and I do too!

Whatever is the overflow of the heart, is what comes out of the mouth.

The Real Milk Man,
There are many words in both Hebrew and Greek that have several interpretations, that could be technically correct. This is the same with languages today. There are even what is called COUNTER WORDS, that have definitions that might be opposite.
It is impossible for a translator not to put his own leaning into his interpretation, especially if he does not have a very good knowledge of, not only the definition of the words, but also the Bible's message. This is usually an accident on his part, and can easily be found by comparing different Bible translations. Enen better is going to Bible dictionaries, and concordances.
God, Jehovah, Himself, provided a promise that He will not allow His word to become adulterated, and this is especially true of being hidden adulteration, where the truth cannot be found, Ps 12:6,7. Remember, if the words are adulterated, it is no longer GOD'S WORD, Isa 40:8, IPet 1:25, John 17:17, 2Tim 3:16,7. How could God judge the world if His book was not true??? Rom 3:5,6.

oldbadger

Skanky Old Mongrel!
I don't think any translator is entirely free of bias. That said I do think the KJV translators were very dedicated to correct translation.

Hi......! I do think that King James was slightly biased here and there, and might well have involved himself, or intervened, or even manipulated his translators .... just a bit. I've mentioned his close interest in witches before, and that he wrote a book on demonology, and followed witchcraft trials very closely.

This might have influenced some passages in his bible.

Oh dear........ ! Wait for it! Some other members could be responding with 'source?!' 'source?' (we've been here before!)

sojourner

Annoyingly Progressive Since 2006
Do you believe the bible transcribers (translators), those written about in the bible before the book of Genesis (in the preface), are completely free of theological doctrinal bias when translating the scriptures into the English language?? i.e., Are they biased when choosing the meaning of a word from a lexicon when translating to the English??

In the love of Christ, sincerely, The Real Milk Man.

God loves you, and I do too!

Whatever is the overflow of the heart, is what comes out of the mouth.
Were the authors, themselves, completely free of theological, doctrinal bias when writing?