• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Bible, the foundational book of books?

Aupmanyav

Be your own guru
.. and the Rig Veda around 1200 BCE
Sayak, that is not true. Aryans came to India between 2,000-1,500 BCE, and they had Vedas with them. The counterpart are the Gathaa (lit. Stories) of the Zoroastrians. So clearly RigVeda is prior to 2,000 BCE.
If you go by what is written in RigVeda - sun rising in the asterism of Orion on the day of vernal equinox and Margashirsha being the first month of the year- it is at least as old as 3,000 BCE.
Here, at least, Dr. Jhunjhunwalla is correct.
Therefore, do not say that it was written around 1,200 BCE. Kindly read Tilak's book - "ORION or the Researches into the Antiquity of Vedas". It is a small book and it will clear your doubts. It is available at:
Orion or the antiquity of the vedas. : Tilak, Bal Gangadhar. : Free Download, Borrow, and Streaming : Internet Archive
(It was translated in Hindi by my Grandpa - Ved Kala Nirnaya :))

Last edited:

Bharat Jhunjhunwala

TruthPrevails
Kindly mention what was common between Hinduism and Hittites?
PIE or Prot-PIE is not Hinduism. Vedic is derived from PIE. Hinduism is indigenous to India, i.e., what was followed in India prior to coming of Aryans, with Gods like Shiva, Rama, Krishna and Mother Goddess Durga, the deities which are not mentioned in RigVeda. Later Vedic religion became a part (just a part) of Hinduism. Vedic religion is not the whole of Hinduism.
I think we should close this thread. I do not have the time to give u an online course in Anatolian legends.