• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Bible, the foundational book of books?

Kenny

Face to face with my Father
Premium Member
Of course, my viewpoints are within the context of my signature.
What are your thoughts about (Zera) in Gen. 17:8 and what are your thoughts about Brahman being the same God as Allah and YHWH?

The seed was the coming of Jesus, IMV, and all within the context of the covenant of Genesis 3:15 and Genesis 12:1-3

As far as the names of God. Let me make an analogy.

There is an historical figure called Daniel Boone and many stories were passed and yet the stories changed over time. All the stories have truth in it but not all the stories are true.

Likewise, oral tradition of what happened in the beginning was expressed and therefore pretty much all religions will have the truth of a catastrophic flood. The religions can even have different names for God such as Allah (language differences) et al but it isn't the names that is important as much as who is God .

So, the characteristics and statements of Allah don't match with Graham or YHWH so, as a believer in Christ, we don't believe that all the statements are correct though they may have truth in it. We subscribe to the position that God said to Moses: "the Lord said unto Moses, Write this for a memorial in a book" and believe this is the truth, the whole truth and nothing but the truth.

So when Allah is recorded as saying that if you die fighting for Allah you go to Heaven, it would run contrary to our beliefs and wouldn't subscribe to that position. You don't earn a relationship with YHWY through dying for Him.

@KenS @Bharat Jhunjhunwala what are your thoughts about why North Korea is the way it is, while the other areas of the world has their religions? What are your thoughts about South Korea in all of this too and what do Hindus think of people in North Korea, do Hindus think people are there in North Korea due to reincarnation and being restricted to learn religions? Is that why? what type of past lives would cause people be reincarnated to North Korea and are restricted to learn other religions

We believe that there are principalities that influence today's governments as in Daniel 10:13. What people think of nations isn't important to us. We are all of one kind, being mankind and Jesus dies for all.

We don't believe in reincarnation - but we do believe in one born-again experience where you are forever joined with God - not by works, lest any man should boast, it is a gift from God. Like a marriage, the two become one.

Hope that helps

Last edited:

metis

aged ecumenical anthropologist
Of course, my viewpoints are within the context of my signature.

The seed was the coming of Jesus, IMV, and all within the context of the covenant of Genesis 3:15 and Genesis 12:1-3

As far as the names of God. Let me make an analogy.

There is an historical figure called Daniel Boone and many stories were passed and yet the stories changed over time. All the stories have truth in it but not all the stories are true.

Likewise, oral tradition of what happened in the beginning was expressed and therefore pretty much all religions will have the truth of a catastrophic flood. The religions can even have different names for God such as Allah (language differences) et al but it isn't the names that is important as much as who is God .

So, the characteristics and statements of Allah don't match with Graham or YHWH so, as a believer in Christ, we don't believe that all the statements are correct though they may have truth in it. We subscribe to the position that God said to Moses: "the Lord said unto Moses, Write this for a memorial in a book" and believe this is the truth, the whole truth and nothing but the truth.

So when Allah is recorded as saying that if you die fighting for Allah you go to Heaven, it would run contrary to our beliefs and wouldn't subscribe to that position. You don't earn a relationship with YHWY through dying for Him.

We believe that there are principalities that influence today's governments as in Daniel 10:13. What people think of nations isn't important to us. We are all of one kind, being mankind and Jesus dies for all.

We don't believe in reincarnation - but we do believe in one born-again experience where you are forever joined with God - not by works, lest any man should boast, it is a gift from God. Like a marriage, the two become one.

Hope that helps
Two points:

1.there is 0 scientific evidence for the Great Flood, thus I'm inclined to believe its writing was to counter the earlier and much more widespread and polytheistic Babylonian account. Most in Judaism recognize this today.

2."Allah" in Arabic relates and is of the same source to "Elohim", which theologians call being of the "El Tradition". Obviously, there are some major differences of opinion and teachings, which is to be expected.

But then I and they could be wrong.:shrug: However, I ain't losing any sleep over it.:)

Jayhawker Soule

-- untitled --
Premium Member
We subscribe to the position that God said to Moses: "the Lord said unto Moses, Write this for a memorial in a book" and believe this is the truth, the whole truth and nothing but the truth.
OK - so long as we both acknowledge that the "We" in the above quote represents a subset of Christians, while a number of Jewish and Christian scholars would consider to be (likely post exilic) story.

rational experiences

Veteran Member
O planet...it's real we live on it.
A heavens surrounding it.

Nature we live with.

Humans surviving.

A history of human bullies...lying...control.

No science.

Science human chosen.

The argument humans own is about science. Theories and reactions caused.

As life and lifestyle tells it's own human historical truths and lies. Humans owning just human reasons to abuse other humans.

Basic you are advised.

So as humans have used technology before. Technology proves it destroyed civilisation.

Basic human assessed earth reviews.

Reason. Science never existed. Natural anything or everything had.

We write books to keep records.

Records normally are only used as reference.

So you then have to ask why were recorded human stories preached?

Because scientists lie as human greed is involved. Basic advice.

River Sea

I do know what you are talking about.

Books of books, what about the Meena community in references to books., have you ever spoken to the Meena community?

I was excited when reading your message 83 in this thread shared about Manu. You explain humans repopulated the earth from Indus Valley after the flood and I agree with you.

Have you ever been to Jalore Rajasthan India., I've never been there., if you have can you tell me what it's like being there?

Another question I have is., how come Jews keep asking for original manuals for., does the Meena community have any original manuals so we can understand more how we all came from Indus Valley? Or are there no original manuals and so relying on oral only?

River Sea

No the actual story was from Manu of the Hindu scriptures of course. They circulated it elsewhere once humans repopulated the earth from Indus Valley after the flood...

Here's your message. That I was so excited about., because I agree with you that we all came from Indus Valley.

sayak83

Veteran Member
Staff member
Premium Member
Here's your message. That I was so excited about., because I agree with you that we all came from Indus Valley.
I was saying its a claim that is made by some Hindus. But there is little independent evidence for this, just as in the case of Noah. So we cannot determine its truth. There is far more evidence that all modern humans came from Africa than any of these claims.

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber
A lot of Buddhist, Hindu, Greek, and Roman literature in fields ranging from religion and philosophy to logic and mathematics far predates the Bible and has substantial value. The Bible isn't the foundation for said literature, that's for sure.

Jordan Peterson is no religious or historical expert, and he's no political commentator either. When he oversteps his expertise and makes such unfounded statements about those fields, sometimes he sounds like an ideologue who prioritizes ideology over facts and logic--much like Richard Dawkins, Sam Harris, etc. Different sides, same coin.
According to Peterson even Sam Harris is basically a theist and living his life as though god is real.
Seriously, he said it in that lengthy two part debate between the two.

Last edited:

Kenny

Face to face with my Father
Premium Member
Two points:

1.there is 0 scientific evidence for the Great Flood, thus I'm inclined to believe its writing was to counter the earlier and much more widespread and polytheistic Babylonian account. Most in Judaism recognize this today.

2."Allah" in Arabic relates and is of the same source to "Elohim", which theologians call being of the "El Tradition". Obviously, there are some major differences of opinion and teachings, which is to be expected.

But then I and they could be wrong.:shrug: However, I ain't losing any sleep over it.:)
:) Sleep well :)

#2 - Exactly - same name (or another name in a different culture) - it isn't the name that I'm concerned with but what religions add to that name. If in one it says "Die and you get a ticket to Heaven" and another says "You can die and come back as poor, die poor and come back as middle class, die and come back and rich" - something was added.

#1 Maybe - or just how we view what we see?

Polystrate Fossils: Upright Fossil Tree crossing multiple layers of rock strata One of the strongest pieces of evidence for a worldwide flood is the existence of what Rupke termed “polystrate fossils.” Such fossils are found all over the world: especially in and around coal seams.

Palouse Canyon:
In Eastern Washington State there is a canyon that was eroded through solid basalt by Lake Missoula floods in 1-2 days. This canyon is 300 to 500 feet deep. - Could this have happened with the Grand Canyon?

And others.

metis

aged ecumenical anthropologist
Polystrate Fossils: Upright Fossil Tree crossing multiple layers of rock strata One of the strongest pieces of evidence for a worldwide flood is the existence of what Rupke termed “polystrate fossils.” Such fossils are found all over the world: especially in and around coal seams.
Morris is a YEC creationist who has not submitted any evidence for peer review. I've listened to him in a 3-hour debate decades ago, and some of his main points don't even stand to basic logic.

Palouse Canyon:
In Eastern Washington State there is a canyon that was eroded through solid basalt by Lake Missoula floods in 1-2 days. This canyon is 300 to 500 feet deep. - Could this have happened with the Grand Canyon?
We know what happened in the Grand Canyon because of the river that runs through it with its soft rock.

#2 - Exactly - same name (or another name in a different culture) - it isn't the name that I'm concerned with but what religions add to that name. If in one it says "Die and you get a ticket to Heaven" and another says "You can die and come back as poor, die poor and come back as middle class, die and come back and rich" - something was added.
There are different teachings, but that's not abnormal even within any religion. Yes, some of these teachings are significantly different, but that doesn't mean they could not have come from the same source. So, same God, different takes on some major points.

BTW, the "Cult of YHWH" came from the southern region of the Arabian Peninsula and was learned there by Jewish traders and brought further north around 3000 b.c.e. If you get BAR, check out a good article on this in this fall's edition.

:) Sleep well :)
Yep, and my wife helps me out by messaging my neck with tightly wound fingers.

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber
He’s talking about western culture.
And obviously the ancient Greeks and Romans knew nothing of it. But contributed heavily towards Western culture.
Ultimately, Democracy was thought of before the Bible. Plato, Aristotle, Archimedes, Hypocrites, Socrates, these people had profound influences on the West (the Ottoman Empire also celebrated them) and they did it before the Bible even existed and before any stories of Jesus were told.

River Sea

I was saying its a claim that is made by some Hindus. But there is little independent evidence for this, just as in the case of Noah. So we cannot determine its truth. There is far more evidence that all modern humans came from Africa than any of these claims.

Oh ok thank you for explaining that you think humans came from Africa., can you explain more detail why you think this?

What about Moses being Krishna, and the Yadavas left Indus Valley and travel to Yisrael?
Have you heard anything about this?

Bharat Jhunjhunwala

TruthPrevails
The human genetic origin in africa and cultural origins in india can go together. The origin in india can be determined by matching geography. For example we have 4 rivers in pushkar.

sayak83

Veteran Member
Staff member
Premium Member
The human genetic origin in africa and cultural origins in india can go together. The origin in india can be determined by matching geography. For example we have 4 rivers in pushkar.
The mesopotamian and anatolian urban settlements predate the Indus valley urban settlements. So for example the Catahoyuk urban settlement is around 7000 BCE and housed 10,000 people. Indus settlements will grow to that size only around 3000 BCE i.e. 4000 years later, though small villages would have been there by 7000 BCE as seen in Mehrgarh.