• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Bible Study-6 (Symbol of God)

Gcront

We once again find our Ten Commandments being destroyed; this is the same as Moses destroyed them first. Now we find that this time it is our Government and Courts, they are saying that our Commandments are now unconstitutional, they are now proclaiming that righteousness is unjust, and that the justice of man is no longer lawful in their own eyes.
These Ten Commandments they requires strict obedience, they reveal unto us the will and nature of our true Godhead. We are still expected to obey these Godly laws, not that we might receive Salvation, but that we might live to what is pleasing before our God. They are also the straight and narrow to find Christ, which are based on these Commandments of God, the same rightness and laws that we find in the Book of Exodus 20:

20:1-“And God spake all these words, saying,”
20:2-“I am the LORD thy God, which have brought thee out of the land of Egypt, out of the house of bondage.”
20:3-“Thou shalt have no other gods before me.”
20:4-“Thou shalt not make unto thee any graven image, or any likeness of any thing that is in heaven above, or that is in the earth beneath, or that is in the water under the earth.”
20:5-“Thou shalt not bow down thyself to them, nor serve them: for I the LORD thy God am a jealous God, visiting the iniquity of the fathers upon the children unto the third and fourth generation of them that hate me;”
20:6-“And showing mercy unto thousands of them that love me, and keep my commandments.”

20:7-“Thou shalt not take the name of the LORD thy God in vain; for the LORD will not hold him guiltless that taketh his name in vain.”
20:8-“Remember the sabbath day, to keep it holy.”
20:9-“Six days shalt thou labor, and do all thy work:”
20:10-“But the seventh day is the sabbath of the LORD thy God: in it thou shalt not do any work, thou, nor thy son, nor thy daughter, thy manservant, nor thy maidservant, nor thy cattle, nor thy stranger that is within thy gates:”
20:11-“For in six days the LORD made heaven and earth, the sea, and all that in them is, and rested the seventh day: wherefore the LORD blessed the sabbath day, and hallowed it.”

20:12”Honor thy father and thy mother: that thy days may be long upon the land which the LORD thy God giveth thee.”
20:13-“Thou shalt not kill.”
20:14”Thou shalt not commit adultery.”
20:15-“Thou shalt not steal.”
20:16-“Thou shalt not bear false witness against thy neighbor.”
20:17-“Thou shalt not covet thy neighbor's house, thou shalt not covet thy neighbor's wife, nor his manservant, nor his maidservant, nor his ox, nor his ***, nor any thing that is thy neighbor's.”

After the Crucifixion and also the Sacrifices of Christ’s blood, which we still find the Ten Commandments are still very much alive in our lives today, this is as we find in the book of St. Matthew. 5:1-“Let your light so shine before men, that they may see your good works, and glorify your Father which is in heaven.”
5:17-“Think not that I am come to destroy the law, or the prophets: I am not come to destroy, but to fulfil.”
5:18-“For verily I say unto you, Till heaven and earth pass, one jot or one tittle shall in no wise pass from the law, till all be fulfilled.”
5:19-“Whosoever therefore shall break one of these least commandments, and shall teach men so, he shall be called the least in the kingdom of heaven: but whosoever shall do and teach them, the same shall be called great in the kingdom of heaven.”

5:20-“For I say unto you, That except your righteousness shall exceed the righteousness of the scribes and Pharisees, ye shall in no case enter into the kingdom of heaven.”
5:21-“Ye have heard that it was said of them of old time, Thou shalt not kill; and whosoever shall kill shall be in danger of the judgment:”
5:22-“But I say unto you, That whosoever is angry with his brother without a cause shall be in danger of the judgment: and whosoever shall say to his brother, Raca, shall be in danger of the council: but whosoever shall say, Thou fool, shall be in danger of hell fire.”

We find Paul saying in the Book of Romans, 7:5-“For when we were in the flesh, the motions of sins, which were by the law, did work in our members to bring forth fruit unto death.”
7:6-“But now we are delivered from the law, that being dead wherein we were held; that we should serve in newness of spirit, and not in the oldness of the letter”
7:7-“What shall we say then? Is the law sin? God forbid. Nay, I had not known sin, but by the law: for I had not known lust, except the law had said, Thou shalt not covet.”
7:8-“But sin, taking occasion by the commandment, wrought in me all manner of concupiscence. For without the law sin was dead.”
7:9-“For I was alive without the law once: but when the commandment came, sin revived, and I died.”

7:10-“And the commandment, which was ordained to life, I found to be unto death.”
7:11-“For sin, taking occasion by the commandment, deceived me, and by it slew me.”
7:12-“Wherefore the law is holy, and the commandment holy, and just, and good.”
7:13-“Was then that which is good made death unto me? God forbid. But sin, that it might appear sin, working death in me by that which is good; that sin by the commandment might become exceeding sinful.”
7:14-“For we know that the law is spiritual: but I am carnal, sold under sin.”
7:15-“For that which I do I allow not: for what I would, that do I not; but what I hate, that do I.”

We find in the Book of St Mark 12:28-“And one of the scribes came, and having heard them reasoning together, and perceiving that he had answered them well, asked him, Which is the first commandment of all?”
12:29-“And Jesus answered him, The first of all the commandments is, Hear, O Israel; The LORD our God is one LORD:”
12:30-“And thou shalt love the LORD thy God with all thy heart, and with all thy soul, and with all thy mind, and with all thy strength: this is the first commandment.”
12:31-“And the second is like, namely this, Thou shalt love thy neighbour as thyself. There is none other commandment greater than these.”

Thanks and God Bless You
Herbert

Abram

Abraham
Romans 7:7-25 speaks about the law bring us to sin. In fact I think it trys to show that the law was made for us to sin. If there was no law we would never know we sinned.

Slave to sin
For what I want to do I do not do, but what I hate to do. -Romans 7:15

Now if I do what I do not want to do, it is no longer I who do it, but it is the sin living in me that dose it. -Romans 7:20

So the only way out of sin is not by keeping the law because we can't. But thanks be to God-through Jesus Christ our Lord!
So then, I myself in my mind am a slave to God's law, but in the sinful nature a slave to the law of sin.-Romans 7:25

Gcront

To Abraim

We know sin by the law, but we are now living under grace. But we also need to know what sin is. this is that we might know what we are being saved from, this is while we are serving under grace.

Thank you may God bless
Herbert

A

angellous_evangellous

Gcront said:

We once again find our Ten Commandments being destroyed; this is the same as Moses destroyed them first. Now we find that this time it is our Government and Courts, they are saying that our Commandments are now unconstitutional, they are now proclaiming that righteousness is unjust, and that the justice of man is no longer lawful in their own eyes.
These Ten Commandments they requires strict obedience, they reveal unto us the will and nature of our true Godhead. We are still expected to obey these Godly laws, not that we might receive Salvation, but that we might live to what is pleasing before our God. They are also the straight and narrow to find Christ, which are based on these Commandments of God..
Herbert,

How can man detroy what God has done? No one is able to detroy the word of God.

John 1
1In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God. 2He was in the beginning with God. 3All things were made through him, and without him was not any thing made that was made. 4In him was life,[a] and the life was the light of men. 5The light shines in the darkness, and the darkness has not overcome it.

6There was a man sent from God, whose name was John. 7He came as a witness, to bear witness about the light, that all might believe through him. 8He was not the light, but came to bear witness about the light.

9The true light, which enlightens everyone, was coming into the world. 10He was in the world, and the world was made through him, yet the world did not know him. 11He came to his own,[b] and his own people[c] did not receive him. 12But to all who did receive him, who believed in his name, he gave the right to become children of God, 13who were born, not of blood nor of the will of the flesh nor of the will of man, but of God.

Gcront

To each and everyone

There have been many conflicting ideas on who God is, this is when it comes to my Moslem friends and also many of my Christians friends, and I like to try to explain the Supreme and Superiority of this my one and only God Jehovah. There was first God the Father in which there were no beginning, now we come to a part that the Moslem don’t like, but it is in my Bible and I cannot leave it out.
Then God the Father begot another God in whom was his Son, then these two Superior Spirits of these two great God’s they combined their two Spirits together within one Supreme Spirits. This is the Holiness of our one and only Godhead, God the Father, God the Son and God the Holy Spirit.

Thank you and God Bless
Herbert