• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Bible Study-17 (Acts of New Testament)

Gcront

Bible Study-17 (Acts of New Testament)

Studying the Bible we have founded the foundation of our Salvation as we went through the Four Gospels of Christ, now we come to the Book of Acts, the birth and expansion of our churches. This Book was first known as being the Acts of the Holy Spirit, or the Acts of the Churches. We know that Christ was crucified, Rose and went back into Heaven, and also the sending of the Holy Spirit, this was all in the very same year.
This all happened in the year of our Lord in AD-30, but the Book of Acts wasn’t even written until thirty-four to forty years much latter in the years of 63-70AD. We know that even the Book of Matthew wasn’t written until thirty to thirty-five years after the crucifixion of Christ, the Book of St. Mark wasn’t written until twenty-eight to thirty years after Christ’s crucifixion.

Then we also find that the Book of St. John wasn’t written until around sixty years after the crucifixion of Christ, we also find that around thirteen of the Books of the New Testament were written before the Books of Acts. There are even seven Books of the New Testament that were written before any of the Four Gospels of Christ were even written. We also find that the first two Books that were written in the New Testament, that they came from the Books of Thessalonians the first prophesy of Christ after going back to Heaven and is now on the right hand of God.
With the Book of Acts first being known as the Acts of the Holy Ghost and also the Acts of the Churches we know that they had to be first, with these two being the beginning of our Christianity and also our churches. Coming out of the Four Gospel we will then first be going or crossing back over for thirty-four to forty years earlier into the Book of Acts. Then we will be going back to the time that each and every Book was then written or prophesied into the New Testament, which will be their own regional date that they were then written coming from Christ that was then at that time with the Father.

Going to the Book of Acts just before Christ left earth to go to Heaven, He commands his Disciples saying. Acts 1:6-“When they therefore were come together, they asked of him, saying, Lord, wilt thou at this time restore again the kingdom to Israel?”
1:7-“And he said unto them, It is not for you to know the times or the seasons, which the Father hath put in his own power.”
1:8-“But ye shall receive power, after that the Holy Ghost is come upon you: and ye shall be witnesses unto me both in Jerusalem, and in all Judaea, and in Samaria, and unto the uttermost part of the earth.”

With this being the Day of Pentecost this was truly the day of Truth; the Comforter backed by the Spirit of Truth, being the Holy Spirit. The Spirit of the Father and of the Son in one, who then opened up only unto nothing but within this Great Truth, the Truth that Christ, had risen. (The same as Christ prayed that his disciples might become one in their own spirit, the same as the Father and Son was then one in their own Spirit.)
This was the Spirit of Truth, which was backed by the Spirit that was then backed by a tongue, which one and everyone could once again on earth understand. This was not a Pentecostal Tongue, as many know them today; this was a tongue of understanding that fell upon any and all men. There were men from every nation that spoke every native tongue given unto man; this was a tongue, which were being interpreted unto them only by the Holy Ghost Himself, being the Spirit of the Father and Son not by man.

This was that everyone could understand within their one and only language, as we find within the Book of Acts. 2:4-“And there were all filled with the Holy Ghost, and begun to speak with other tongues, as the Spirit gave them utterance,”
2:5“-And there were dwelling at Jerusalem Jews, devout men, out of every nation under heaven.”
2:6-“Now when this was noised abroad, the multitude came together, and were confounded, because that every man heard them speak in their own language,”
2:7-“And they were all amazed and marveled, saying one to another, Behold, are not all these which speak Galilaeans?”
2:8-“And how hear we every man in our own tongue, wherein we were born?”

Then this Gospel reached beyond Judaea, as we find checking through the Book of Acts, 11:19-“Now they which were scattered abroad upon the persecution that arose about Stephen travelled as far as Phenice, and Cyprus, and Antioch, preaching the word to none but unto the Jews only.”
11:20-“And some of them were men of Cyprus and Cyrene, which, when they were come to Antioch, spake unto the Grecians, preaching the LORD Jesus.”
11:21-“And the hand of the Lord was with them: and a great number believed, and turned unto the Lord.”
11:22-“Then tidings of these things came unto the ears of the church which was in Jerusalem: and they sent forth Barnabas, that he should go as far as Antioch.”

Then this same Gospel spread through the Holy Ghost, as we find in the Book of Acts. 11:17-“Forasmuch then as God gave them the like gift as he did unto us, who believed on the Lord Jesus Christ; what was I, that I could withstand God?”
11:18-“When they heard these things, they held their peace, and glorified God, saying, Then hath God also to the Gentiles granted repentance unto life.”
11:19-“Now they which were scattered abroad upon the persecution that arose about Stephen travelled as far as Phenice, and Cyprus, and Antioch, preaching the word to none but unto the Jews only.”
11:20-“And some of them were men of Cyprus and Cyrene, which, when they were come to Antioch, spake unto the Grecians, preaching the LORD Jesus.”
11:21-“And the hand of the Lord was with them: and a great number believed, and turned unto the Lord.”

We also find here that Christ did not overlook this matter of how his churches would be carried out after his death, for with this he knew everything from the very beginning until the end. For even then Christ knew that he would one day meet Saul on the road to the Damascus. Then after changing Saul name to Paul, Christ called upon him to fulfill this greatest of all tasks, after his death upon the cross.
If Christ should have then started this preparation, of setting up his kingdom of churches, when he was living here on earth. Then the prophecy of old would not have been fulfilled or carried out, for Christ first had to come unto his own, which were the Jews. Then the Jews would have to be the first to reject Christ; by wanting him to be crucified being the worse thing that could happen to any man.

Thanks and God Bless You
Herbert

Gcront

To each and everyone

This is more specially to the faithful ones that come into my post and never make any reply, this is also the most majority that I also fit into myself, even if most of you might not believe this with all the writing I do. I am more of a student than I am a teacher, for the ones that do most of the answering are teachers, they like to prove that we are wrong.
Don’t get me wrong I like very much to hear from everyone, and also the ones that also agree with me, but with me being a student I like very much to read the Bible. I’m always looking for something that I could have missed, or over looked something that could have been very important, even though I have read it many times before. This is when you really think that you have learned something very important, but for now I want each and everyone to be recognized, for each and every one of you mean very much to me.

Thank you everyone and God Bless
Herbert