• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Bible Study-16 (Comforter of Truth)

Gcront

Bible Study-16 (Comforter of Truth)

Here we find the New Testament being feed from the Old Testament, with a Great Light ascending from on high coming down from Christ as a Great Light Feeding unto the Comforter. With this Great Light first descending first from within the Old Testament of Isaiah: 42:4-“He shall not fail nor be discouraged, till he have set judgment in the earth: and the isles shall wait for his law.”
42:5-“Thus saith God the LORD, he that created the heavens, and stretched them out; he that spread forth the earth, and that which cometh out of it; he that giveth breath unto the people upon it, and spirit to them that walk therein:”
42:6-“I the LORD have called thee in righteousness, and will hold thine hand, and will keep thee, and give thee for a covenant of the people, for a light of the Gentiles;”

42:7-“To open the blind eyes, to bring out the prisoners from the prison, and them that sit in darkness out of the prison house.”
42:8-“I am the LORD: that is my name: and my glory will I not give to another, neither my praise to graven images.”
42:9-“Behold, the former things are come to pass, and new things do I declare: before they spring forth I tell you of them.”

We also find this very same Light descending, as it once again crossover into the New Testament of St. John.14: 15-“If ye love me, keep my commandments.”
14:16-“And I will pray the Father, and he shall give you another Comforter, that he may abide with you for ever;”
14:17-“Even the Spirit of truth; whom the world cannot receive, because it seeth him not, neither knoweth” him: but ye know him; for he dwelleth with you, and shall be in you.”

14:18-“I will not leave you comfortless: I will come to you.”
14:19-“Yet a little while, and the world seeth me no more; but ye see me: because I live, ye shall live also.
14:20-“At that day ye shall know that I am in my Father, and ye in me, and I in you.”
14:21-“He that hath my commandments, and keepeth them, he it is that loveth me: and he that loveth me shall be loved of my Father, and I will love him, and will manifest myself to him.”

We find this Light ascending coming down, descending from within the Old Testament of Isaiah. 62:8-“The LORD hath sworn by his right hand, and by the arm of his strength, Surely I will no more give thy corn to be meat for thine enemies; and the sons of the stranger shall not drink thy wine, for the which thou hast laboured:”
62:9-“But they that have gathered it shall eat it, and praise the LORD; as they that have brought it together shall drink it in the courts of my holiness.”
62:10-“Go through, go through the gates; prepare ye the way of the people; cast up, cast up the highway; gather out the stones; lift up a standard for the people.”
62:11-“Behold, the LORD hath proclaimed unto the end of the world, Say ye to the daughter of Zion, Behold, thy salvation cometh; behold, his reward is with him, and his work before him.”
62:12-“And they shall call them, The holy people, The redeemed of the LORD: and thou shalt be called, Sought out, A city not forsaken.”

We find this same Light descending, as it once again crossover into the New Testament of St. John.6: 35-“And Jesus said unto them, I am the bread of life: he that cometh to me shall never hunger; and he that believeth on me shall never thirst.”
6:36-“But I said unto you, That ye also have seen me, and believe not.”
6:-37-“All that the Father giveth me shall come to me; and him that cometh to me I will in no wise cast out.
6:38-“For I came down from heaven, not to do mine own will, but the will of him that sent me.”
6:-39“And this is the Father's will which hath sent me, that of all which he hath given me I should lose nothing, but should raise it up again at the last day.”
6:40-“And this is the will of him that sent me, that every one which seeth the Son, and believeth on him, may have everlasting life: and I will raise him up at the last day.”

We find this Light ascending coming down, descending from within the Old Testament of Isaiah. 49:6-“And he said, It is a light thing that thou shouldest be my servant to raise up the tribes of Jacob, and to restore the preserved of Israel: I will also give thee for a light to the Gentiles, that thou mayest be my salvation unto the end of the earth.”
49:7-“Thus saith the LORD, the Redeemer of Israel, and his Holy One, to him whom man despiseth, to him whom the nation abhorreth, to a servant of rulers, Kings shall see and arise, princes also shall worship, because of the LORD that is faithful, and the Holy One of Israel, and he shall choose thee.”
49:8-“Thus saith the LORD, In an acceptable time have I heard thee, and in a day of salvation have I helped thee: and I will preserve thee, and give thee for a covenant of the people, to establish the earth, to cause to inherit the desolate heritages;”

49:9-“That thou mayest say to the prisoners, Go forth; to them that are in darkness, Shew yourselves. They shall feed in the ways, and their pastures shall be in all high places.”
49:10-“They shall not hunger nor thirst; neither shall the heat nor sun smite them: for he that hath mercy on them shall lead them, even by the springs of water shall he guide them”.
49-11-“And I will make all my mountains a way, and my highways shall be exalted.”
49:12-“Behold, these shall come from far: and, lo, these from the north and from the west; and these from the land of Sinim.”

We find this same Light descending, as it once again crossover into the New Testament of St. Luke.4:14-“And Jesus returned in the power of the Spirit into Galilee: and there went out a fame of him through all the region round about.”
4:15-“And he taught in their synagogues, being glorified of all.”
4:16-“And he came to Nazareth, where he had been brought up: and, as his custom was, he went into the synagogue on the sabbath day, and stood up for to read.”
4:17-“And there was delivered unto him the book of the prophet Esaias. And when he had opened the book, he found the place where it was written,”
4:18-“The Spirit of the Lord is upon me, because he hath anointed me to preach the gospel to the poor; he hath sent me to heal the brokenhearted, to preach deliverance to the captives, and recovering of sight to the blind, to set at liberty them that are bruised,”

4:19-“To preach the acceptable year of the Lord.”
4:20-“And he closed the book, and he gave it again to the minister, and sat down. And the eyes of all them that were in the synagogue were fastened on him.”
4:21-“And he began to say unto them, This day is this scripture fulfilled in your ears.”
4:22-“And all bare him witness, and wondered at the gracious words which proceeded out of his mouth.” And they said, Is not this Joseph's son?”
4:23 –“And he said unto them, Ye will surely say unto me this proverb, Physician, heal thyself: whatsoever we have heard done in Capernaum, do also here in thy country.”
4:24-“And he said, Verily I say unto you, No prophet is accepted in his own country.”

Thanks and God Bless You
Herbert