• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Bible shows Scripture is NOT the authority!

stvdv

Veteran Member: I Share (not Debate) my POV
The only time I will attack anybody's beliefs, is if it is to defend somebody that they are condemning , persecuting, or damning to hell with their words! ;)
Yes, that's why I said "I like your specification", because if someone bashes others it's good to not let them get away with it

My post was very serious, not meant to be funny;)

Last edited:

2ndpillar

The church does teach, that it is possible for there to be a final illumination of soul and mind, when it seems like a person is lost when they die, but unbeknownst to us, before they are judged, their mind and soul is enlightened to know the truth, and they can accept the truth , and go to purgatory to be purified, and then get into heaven, even though it seemed like all was lost on earth.

Keep in mind, if you want to avoid the church's purgatory, you can simply pay the church for forgiveness of sins. A policy the early reformers couldn't accept. It was the money taken from poor widows for the forgiveness of their dead husband's sins, in which the church rebuilt Peter's basilica.

Hell/Sheol/pit/grave all are the same thing, and you cannot avoid it (Jeremiah 31:30). As for the white throne judgment, all the dead are raised from their graves to partake judgment based on their deeds (Revelation 20:12).

Spiderman

Veteran Member
Yes, that's why I said "I like your specification", because if someone bashes other it's good to not let them get away with it

Amen! Thank you! I hope God is more like you than the average Christian I meet. I hope he has more in common with you! :)

Spiderman

Veteran Member
Yes, that's why I said "I like your specification", because if someone bashes other it's good to not let them get away with it

I removed the funny rating on your post. Because it had a funny smiley, I thought you were saying it to be funny. Because you had this smiley here! :D

stvdv

The Holy Spirit told me both in the scriptures and outside of the scriptures to avoid people like you! Have a nice day! ;)
Sai Baba gave us a nice instruction in this context

ABC means "Avoid Bad Company"

Additional He said "Run away from Bad Company". If they say "hello" then you can friendly say "goodbye" to them (and run for your life;))

2ndpillar

The Holy Spirit told me both in the scriptures and outside of the scriptures to avoid people like you! Have a nice day!

You have failed to quote the "scriptures" or their source. The Scriptures state that if one does not investigate whether something is holy or not, it is a snare/trap, which will drag them down into the pit. (Proverbs 20:25) As for the "whore of Babylon", that would be the daughter churches of the Babylonian mystery church, which has the sun god, Bel/Sol Invictus, and Astarte/Easter, the queen of heaven, as their primary gods, much as does the church established by Constantine. The Protestant church was started on the basis of the Roman church being the "whore of Babylon" (Revelation 17:5),who was charging money for the forgiveness of sins. When I went to Parochial school, they taught me that my Protestant friends were doomed to hell. Of course this was pre 1960s. The Protestants at that time felt the same towards the Catholics.

Proverbs 20:25…24 A man’s steps are from the LORD, so how can anyone understand his own way? 25It is a trap for a man to dedicate something rashly, only later to reconsider his vows. 26A wise king separates out the wicked and drives the threshing wheel over them.…

stvdv

I removed the funny rating on your post. Because it had a funny smiley, I thought you were saying it to be funny. Because you had this smiley here! :D
Aha. I use this smiley if I really like something, esp. if someone makes a good point... like in this case "you really nailed it, and you taught these people a good and important lesson"

But reading your reply I might have used this smiley incorrectly? I don't know much about smileys. I might have upset people unknowingly. But the good side is that I also interpreted others positively if they graced me with:D

Please enlighten me if I used it wrong. I don't hope this one means sarcasm, because I really don't like sarcasm

Spiderman

Veteran Member
Aha. I use this smiley if I really like something, esp. if someone makes a good point... like in this case "you really nailed it, and you taught these people a good and important lesson"

But reading your reply I might have used this smiley incorrectly? I don't know much about smileys. I might have upset people unknowingly. But the good side is that I also interpreted others positively if they graced me with:D

Please enlighten me if I used it wrong. I don't hope this one means sarcasm, because I really don't like sarcasm
The way you used the smiley, I honestly thought you were saying it, like somebody would say something with a big grin, like they were being funny or silly.

I'm sorry, maybe that's not how a lot of people would have taken it. I rated your post funny, but I still appreciated what you had to say. I just didn't know you were being entirely serious is all. :)

You didn't say or do anything wrong, or misuse any smileys. I just misinterpreted it wrong is all.

Things like that happen with the internet! ;)

I'm really glad you appreciated what I had to say though, and gave me the compliments! It is always a pleasure getting posts from you on my threads, hearing your views, hearing what Sai baba has to say! :)

stvdv

The way you used the smiley, I honestly thought you were saying it, like somebody would say something with a big grin, like they were being funny or silly.

I'm sorry, maybe that's not how a lot of people would have taken it. I rated your post funny, but I still appreciated what you had to say. I just didn't know you were being entirely serious is all. :)

You didn't say or do anything wrong, or misuse any smileys. I just misinterpreted it wrong is all.

Things like that happen with the internet! ;)

I'm really glad you appreciated what I had to say though, and gave me the compliments! It is always a pleasure getting posts from you on my threads, hearing your views, hearing what Sai baba has to say! :)
Thank you. That's a relief, I used that smiley quite a bit, but I will now check what it really means (esp to others). I only started using smileys around the time when I came to RF

And of course I loved your thread. Because this is my number one most important criteria. People can do anything they like, but should not belittle the feelings of other innocent people nor harm them. If all people manage to do this, there would be Peace on earth

Last edited:

Spiderman

Veteran Member
Thank you. That's a releave, I used that smiley quite a bit, but I will now check what it really means (esp to others). I only started using smileys around the time when I came to RF

And of course I loved your thread. Because this is my number one most important criteria. People can do anything they like, but should not belittle the feelings of other innocent people nor harm them. If all people manage to do this, there would be Peace on earth
Amen! Agreed! If a person wants to worship their coffee cup, and that makes them more kind to others, more happy, more virtuous, more joyful, makes life meaningful to them, I totally respect their belief, but if I see them say , "everyone who worships something other than my coffee cup , follows evil Religion , and prays to Demons and false gods", then I will go after his/her Religion, in order to defend the religions others cherish, that he/she is attacking!

Also, usually when I see this smiley :D , I think some one is being silly or funny. But I don't know if most people feel that way though.

Either way, you didn't offend me with your post or the way you used the smiley. I still enjoyed reading what you said.

I misunderstood it, but that doesn't mean you did something wrong. :)

stvdv

Amen! Agreed! If a person wants to worship their coffee cup, and that makes them more kind to others, more happy, more virtuous, more joyful, makes life meaningful to them, I totally respect their belief,
You nailed it here. Cum laude passed God's exam

but if I see them say , "everyone who worships something other than my coffee cup , follows evil Religion , and prays to Demons and false gods", then I will go after his/her Religion, in order to defend the religions others cherish, that he/she is attacking!
True. Those people cause wars to start by emotionally bashing others, and they still don't get it, and it's so obvious. Maybe they do it because it's done to them by their parents AND they never said "no you're wrong dad/mother", hence they continued this cycle of hurting others

Also, usually when I see this smiley :D , I think some one is being silly or funny. But I don't know if most people feel that way though.

Either way, you didn't offend me with your post or the way you used the smiley. I still enjoyed reading what you said.

I misunderstood it,
It's good you told me, thinking about it you might have a point

And by the way, I would never make fun of you when replying, so if you feel that way, please tell me this... I do make mistakes in English words now and then, but making fun of others I should not do

2ndpillar

The only time I will attack anybody's beliefs, is if it is to defend somebody that they are condemning , persecuting, or damning to hell with their words! ;)

I think it is the Roman Catholic church which tortured and burned people alive for not following the churches beliefs during the Inquisition. If they were as powerful now as then, they would be doing the same. It was the founder of the Roman church, Constantine, who was into burning the books of Arius, and decreeing that anyone found with the writings of Arius, was subject to death. I think the horse you are riding has some serious flaws, although it appears you take what you want from anything you hear or read. Much like determining good and evil by your own heart, much like eating from the tree of good and evil. How did that work out for Adam and Eve? I don't know, but the ice may be cracking under your feet.

Last edited:

2ndpillar

" judge not, lest you be judged, condemn not, lest you be condemned!"

And was it the unknown associate of the false prophet Paul who wrote that? Not a good foundation. What Yeshua said was is as you judge others, so shall you be judged. (Matthew 7:2) It is your Roman church which has historical judged others by burning them alive. I don't know, that would not be a body that I would want to be part of when recompense comes a calling.

stvdv

I checked the "grin emoji", to be sure. Very happy about something it means. Takes a lifetime to study and remember all these emoticons, hence I stick to the simple ones.

I read that fruits and vegetables are often taken sexual, I would never have thought that, so I won't use those, though I love fruits

IMG_20220311_000652.jpg

Spiderman

Veteran Member
I checked the "grin emoji", to be sure. Very happy about something it means. Takes a lifetime to study and remember all these emoticons, hence I stick to the simple ones.

I read that fruits and vegetables are often taken sexual, I would never have thought that, so I won't use those, though I love fruits

View attachment 60885
Okay, I guess I don't use it correctly.

I often use it to mean I'm having fun, not being serious, joking.

Thank you for informing me that smileys have a correct meaning and usage, I might not have been aware of it appears. :)

Spiderman

Veteran Member
You nailed it here. Cum laude passed God's exam

True. Those people cause wars to start by emotionally bashing others, and they still don't get it, and it's so obvious. Maybe they do it because it's done to them by their parents AND they never said "no you're wrong dad/mother", hence they continued this cycle of hurting others

It's good you told me, thinking about it you might have a point

And by the way, I would never make fun of you when replying, so if you feel that way, please tell me this... I do make mistakes in English words now and then, but making fun of others I should not do
No, I never took offense at anything you said in this thread, just thought you were complimenting me, but saying it with a big grin emoji, so thought you were being funny, so I changed the rating I gave it, when you said you were not being funny.

But I didn't think you ever met it disrespectful. :)

I agree with you, people learn a lot of their attitude, judgements, or behaviors from parents, who raises them, or who they look up to as role models.

rational experiences

Veteran Member
The bible taught no man is God.

Damnation and hell with the sun cosmic maths space thesis nothing.

As eternals hell. Once it was the eternal with the eternal. It separated burnt went to hell.

God earth he warned once was Satan so don't unlock unleash the fiery dragon.

Gods fallen fell as disintegrated stars into the deep pit of cosmic space.

We came as human parents direct out of the eternal God as taught spiritual beings who inherited creators karma.

As it's real.

When we die we still own one being in the eternal who we were bodily separated from.

No man is evil. We however git star fall brain irradiated which no man can caste out as it's physical flesh inherited.

Hence never ever unseal earth and never ever cause gas burning fallout as you will die in a hell state.

The exact human science theist warning to Satanism.

Ists and isms of man. The theist.

No podium... no preacher of science who preaches from podiums the churches healer history origin of the church.

No scientist. Church built on top of the science temple.

Advised by God.

2ndpillar

Scripture says " all have sinned and fall short of the glory of god". According to your logic, God doesn't answer anybody's prayers, cuz everybody is a sinner!

Apparently God hasn't heard your prayers if you asked for understanding of the Scripture, if you say you don't understand them, or even believe them, or even believe your Roman church and follow all their traditions. I don't know, but it seems you are just wandering around running into trees. The lost often wind up in their cups.(Proverbs 31:6) Yeshua's phrase was that one should firsts pull out the log in their own eye, before trying to pull out the splinter in some' else's eye.(Mt 7:5) If Paul says that the women should remain silent in the congregation (1 Corinthians 14:34), and if he is your mentor, maybe you might review what he wrote, and considering his advice if he is your choice as a leader. As for Paul's supposed writings, he said he wasn't the one sinning, but the evil within him (Romans 7:20). What are your compulsive sins, and who is doing them?

Jesus said , "unless you eat the flesh and drink the blood of the son of man, you have no life in you"

At every last supper account he said "this is my body, this is my blood". He lost followers over that teaching….

Because they didn’t understand what he meant, which is why he continued and said:

It is the spirit who gives life. The flesh profits nothing. The words that I speak to you are spirit, and are life.
John 6:63

…God himself has commanded people to do the opposite of what Scripture says….

Sorry, I don’t think that is true.

…Hence the need for a Church!

I don’t think Church is greater than God and His word.

Spiderman

Veteran Member
Because they didn’t understand what he meant, which is why he continued and said:

It is the spirit who gives life. The flesh profits nothing. The words that I speak to you are spirit, and are life.
John 6:63

Sorry, I don’t think that is true.

I don’t think Church is greater than God and His word.
God commanded "thou shall not murder, thou shall not make graven images!"

He later commanded the making of graven images, saved lives and healed with a brazen serpent, and ordered Israelites to murder babies, children, and pregnant women, and permitted taking traumatized virgins as sex slaves!

Because God commands people to do the opposite of what his word says, his word can become outdated, he speaks through his Church, the Church gives a holy spirit-guided interpretation of Scripture!