• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

bible says god is immortal

TrueBeliever37

Again - translations -! King David was told his throne would last forever. Is King David Jesus? Is King David God? You need to study their language and colloquialisms.

Did you miss that it SAYS YHVH???

Mic 1:1 The word of YHVH that came to Micah the Morasthite in the days of Jotham, Ahaz, and Hezekiah, kings of Judah, which he saw concerning Samaria and Jerusalem.

Mic 1:3 For, behold, YHVH cometh forth out of his place, and will come down, and tread upon the high places of the earth.

Mic 1:4 And the mountains shall be molten under him, and the valleys shall be cleft, as wax before the fire, and as the waters that are poured down a steep place.

I didn't miss that it says YHWH - That was my whole point. I am saying the Messiah was the fulfillment of these verses, and that he was YHWH manifest/made known in the flesh.

YHWH was going to come down and tread on the high places of the earth
. And as verse Micah 1:5 says the high places of Judah are Jerusalem. The Messiah said he came down from above. He was treading on the high places of the earth. He said if you have seen me you have seen the Father, and I and my Father are one.

TrueBeliever37

" ...So, according to the Jewish interpretation, who is Isaiah 9:6-7 speaking about?

According to Judaism, the answer is in the names chosen. The name 'Hezekiah' which in Hebrew is 'Chizkiyah' comes from the words 'chazak' and 'Ya.' 'Chazak' means 'strong' or 'mighty' and 'Ya' is the shortened name for Gd used as a suffix. Many might recognize the Ya' in the word, 'halleluyah' which means,'praise Gd.' Judaism believes that Isaiah 9:6-7 refers to Hezekiah, who reigned for almost 30 years. The name Hezekiah, Chizkiyah, is the same name in meaning, as one finds in the verses from Isaiah 9:6-7, a 'Mighty Gd." - What Jews Believe: Prooftext #6: Is. 9:6-7

This is what I want you to explain. Because Hezekiah does not mean everlasting Father, and it does not mean Ruler of Peace, and it doesn't even mean Mighty God. And it sure isn't one of those long names that means all of them together. So this answer doesn't even make sense. Halleluyah doesn't mean praise God - it means praise YHWH

So how could it possibly be Hezekiah being referred to as Mighty God, and Everlasting Father, and Ruler of Peace?

Also in Isaiah 9: 7 it says of the increase of his government and peace there shall be no end, upon the throne of David, and upon his kingdom, to order it, and to establish it with judgement and with justice from henceforth even forever. The zeal of YHWH of hosts will perform this. If this was Hezekiah why isn't he or one of his descendants on the throne now?
It said there would be no end upon the throne of David, and it would be henceforth even forever. So it can't be Hezekiah.

Ingledsva

HEATHEN ALASKAN
I didn't miss that it says YHWH - That was my whole point. I am saying the Messiah was the fulfillment of these verses, and that he was YHWH manifest/made known in the flesh.

YHWH was going to come down and tread on the high places of the earth
. And as verse Micah 1:5 says the high places of Judah are Jerusalem. The Messiah said he came down from above. He was treading on the high places of the earth. He said if you have seen me you have seen the Father, and I and my Father are one.

Not a single verse in the Bible proves Jesus was a God, let alone a trinity God.

He just claimed to be the awaited Jewish Messiah whom was to be a special HUMAN from the line of DAVID.

And Jesus IS NOT from the line of David either.

The verse specifically says YHVH and no other. it is not ambiguous.

One would think Jesus would have taught that he was God, or part of a trinity, if he thought he was. He didn't because that was not what he was. He was a teacher claiming to be the Messiah.

All three books we are discussing are covering the same events. Read them each from the beginning - all the way through. This is a war that took place with Isaiah and Ahaz, - not some future Jesus prophecy.

Ingledsva

HEATHEN ALASKAN
This is what I want you to explain. Because Hezekiah does not mean everlasting Father, and it does not mean Ruler of Peace, and it doesn't even mean Mighty God. And it sure isn't one of those long names that means all of them together. So this answer doesn't even make sense. Halleluyah doesn't mean praise God - it means praise YHWH

So how could it possibly be Hezekiah being referred to as Mighty God, and Everlasting Father, and Ruler of Peace?

Again you are reading translations. Jewish scholars say this is Hezekiah. They say mighty God is in his name. The others are flowery titles. Several people in Tanakh have such titles, and they aren't God. King David for instance.

Also in Isaiah 9: 7 it says of the increase of his government and peace there shall be no end, upon the throne of David, and upon his kingdom, to order it, and to establish it with judgement and with justice from henceforth even forever. The zeal of YHWH of hosts will perform this. If this was Hezekiah why isn't he or one of his descendants on the throne now?
It said there would be no end upon the throne of David, and it would be henceforth even forever. So it can't be Hezekiah.

It can also be translated differently - such as -

Isaiah 9:6 For is born a child, a son given to take the rule/government upon his shoulders; and his name is called Wonderful Adviser, Mighty Warrior, Father of future generations, Ruler/keeper/prince of peace.

Isaiah 9:7 To increase the government/empire and the welfare/safety/peace of the throne of David, and over his kingdom, to strengthen the justice and righteousness, from this time, and to eternity. Zealously YHVH of Hosts will do this.

That “God” is also “Mighty,” and as for “Father Everlasting,” in the Greek Septuagint they used πατὴρ τοῦ μέλλαντος αιὼνος, "the father of the yet to come ages" – and Jerome in the Vulgate translates it “Pater futuri saeculi, "Father of the future generations/ages". Thus = Mighty Warrior, Father of future generations.

You folks take sentences out of context. It continues AFTER verse 9:6 talking about the people in the war - Rezin, Ephraim, etc.

Isa 7:1
And it came to pass in the days of Ahaz the son of Jotham, the son of Uzziah, king of Judah, that Rezin the king of Syria, and Pekah the son of Remaliah, king of Israel, went up toward Jerusalem to war against it, but could not prevail against it.

Isa 7:2 And it was told the house of David, saying, Syria is confederate with Ephraim. And his heart was moved, and the heart of his people, as the trees of the wood are moved with the wind.
Isa 9:6 For unto us a child is born, unto us a son is given: and the government shall be upon his shoulder: and his name shall be called Wonderful, Counsellor, The mighty God, The everlasting Father, The Prince of Peace.

Isa 9:7 Of the increase of his government and peace there shall be no end, upon the throne of David, and upon his kingdom, to order it, and to establish it with judgment and with justice from henceforth even for ever. The zeal of the LORD of hosts will perform this.

Isa 9:8 YHVH sent a word into Jacob, and it hath lighted upon Israel.

Isa 9:9 And all the people shall know, even Ephraim and the inhabitant of Samaria, that say in the pride and stoutness of heart,

Isa 9:10 The bricks are fallen down, but we will build with hewn stones: the sycomores are cut down, but we will change them into cedars.

Isa 9:11 Therefore YHVH shall set up the adversaries of Rezin against him, and join his enemies together;

Kept in context - it is still talking about the war Isaiah and Ahaz and Rezin are in - after 9:6

Some Hezekiah info, - Hezekiah - Wikipedia

Last edited:

TrueBeliever37

Again you are reading translations. Jewish scholars say this is Hezekiah. They say mighty God is in his name. The others are flowery titles. Several people in Tanakh have such titles, and they aren't God. King David for instance.

They can say what they want, but Hezekiah does not mean mighty God. I know just a little about Hebrew, and it doesn't have el in the name. Names like Gabriel, and Daniel, and Michael are the kind of names that have the word God in the meaning.

So the reason you gave for it being Hezekiah does not hold up.

TrueBeliever37

Not a single verse in the Bible proves Jesus was a God, let alone a trinity God.

Well, I DO NOT believe in the Trinity. I believe in the one God of the OT. That one God is a Spirit. There is only one Spirit of God, and he is holy. God is the Holy Spirit, it is not another person. His name is YHWH. He said I will pour out my Spirit on all flesh. He came down and wrapped himself in flesh and dwelt among man. He called the fleshly body he dwelt in the Son. The eternal Spirit dwelling in the body was YHWH. So the Messiah was both Father and Son as the prophecy in Isaiah 9:6 said. The distinction is between flesh and Spirit. The Spirit of God couldn't be tempted or die, but the body of flesh he took on could be tempted and die. God willingly took on a body subject to all the things we are such as pain, hunger, thirst, temptation, even death. Satan threw everything he could at him, but the Messiah overcame. Death had no hold on him, because he was without sin. He said destroy this temple (speaking of his body) and in three days I will raise it up. The eternal Spirit dwelling in him raised that body up a glorified body. He then ascended and took the throne. God had manifest himself in the flesh.

Ingledsva

HEATHEN ALASKAN
Well, I DO NOT believe in the Trinity. I believe in the one God of the OT. That one God is a Spirit. There is only one Spirit of God, and he is holy. God is the Holy Spirit, it is not another person. His name is YHWH. He said I will pour out my Spirit on all flesh. He came down and wrapped himself in flesh and dwelt among man. He called the fleshly body he dwelt in the Son. The eternal Spirit dwelling in the body was YHWH. So the Messiah was both Father and Son as the prophecy in Isaiah 9:6 said. The distinction is between flesh and Spirit. The Spirit of God couldn't be tempted or die, but the body of flesh he took on could be tempted and die. God willingly took on a body subject to all the things we are such as pain, hunger, thirst, temptation, even death. Satan threw everything he could at him, but the Messiah overcame. Death had no hold on him, because he was without sin. He said destroy this temple (speaking of his body) and in three days I will raise it up. The eternal Spirit dwelling in him raised that body up a glorified body. He then ascended and took the throne. God had manifest himself in the flesh.

You are splitting him up so apparently you do.

Why would YHVH "As spirit Human (not trinity)" pray to himself which is then no longer in heaven, and call that nothing Father?

The Christian Bible has all three appearing together, at the same time, doing different things.

And there is that extra throne in heaven for YHVH whom supposedly is ONE "trinity."

Why would this trinity which Christians tell us is actually ONE, - need a second throne for Jesus? :confused:

There is no evil autonomous Satan in Tanakh.

EDIT - Here is a Christian site that knows Isaiah 9:6-7 is about Hezekiah, so they try to say it is about Hezekiah then, and a future Jesus.

Hezekiah or Jesus: Who is the Child of Isaiah 9:6-7

Last edited:

TrueBeliever37

You are splitting him up so apparently you do.

Why would YHVH "As spirit Human (not trinity)" pray to himself which is then no longer in heaven, and call that nothing Father?

The Christian Bible has all three appearing together, at the same time, doing different things.

And there is that extra throne in heaven for YHVH whom supposedly is ONE "trinity."

Why would this trinity which Christians tell us is actually ONE, - need a second throne for Jesus? :confused:

There is no evil autonomous Satan in Tanakh.

EDIT - Here is a Christian site that knows Isaiah 9:6-7 is about Hezekiah, so they try to say it is about Hezekiah then, and a future Jesus.

Hezekiah or Jesus: Who is the Child of Isaiah 9:6-7

Clearly you either aren't reading my post or you just fail to understand it. I never said any of the mess you are trying to say. When did I say anything about a second throne?

Please explain who is being called God in Psalms 45:6-7 Type it out the way you think it should be translated from the Hebrew and then explain the 2 verses.

Also, in Zechariah 12:10 who is the me in the part that says and they shall look upon me whom they have pierced, and they shall mourn for him as ...

TrueBeliever37

He just claimed to be the awaited Jewish Messiah whom was to be a special HUMAN from the line of DAVID.

And Jesus IS NOT from the line of David either.

I disagree with you here also. The NT says the Messiah was from the lineage of David.

No matter how much you choose to deny it - If the ancestry of Mary came down through the lineage of David, and the only human parent involved was Mary, then guess what - the child would be from the lineage of David.

Ingledsva

HEATHEN ALASKAN
Clearly you either aren't reading my post or you just fail to understand it. I never said any of the mess you are trying to say. When did I say anything about a second throne?

You said YHVH was ONE - a spirit that became flesh. So if YHVH is on earth as Jesus - why is he praying and begging to be delivered from his final pain, - to someone else whom isn't there? According to you he is now on earth as Jesus - YOU said NO TRINITY. Why is he praying and begging to the air?

The Bible mentions a second throne for Jesus.

Please explain who is being called God in Psalms 45:6-7 Type it out the way you think it should be translated from the Hebrew and then explain the 2 verses.

King David, He was the Anointed, he went on to have children as the verses following 7 say.

Psa 45:16 Instead of thy fathers shall be thy children, whom thou mayest make princes in all the earth.

That word "God" is actually Elohiym. Kings and Judges were also called Elohiym.

Psa 45:1 To the chief Musician upon Shoshannim, for the sons of Korah, Maschil, A Song of loves. My heart is inditing a good matter: I speak of the things which I have made touching the king: my tongue is the pen of a ready writer.

Psa 89:18 For YHVH is our defence; and the Holy One of Israel is our king.

Psa 89:19 Then thou spakest in vision to thy holy one, and saidst, I have laid help upon one that is mighty; I have exalted one chosen out of the people.

Psa 89:20 I have found David my servant; with my holy oil have I anointed him:

Psa 89:21 With whom my hand shall be established: mine arm also shall strengthen him.

Psa 89:22 The enemy shall not exact upon him; nor the son of wickedness afflict him.

Psa 89:23 And I will beat down his foes before his face, and plague them that hate him.

Psa 89:24 But my faithfulness and my mercy shall be with him: and in my name shall his horn be exalted.

Psa 89:25 I will set his hand also in the sea, and his right hand in the rivers.

Psa 89:26 He shall cry unto me, Thou art my father, my God, and the rock of my salvation.

Psa 89:27 Also I will make him my firstborn, higher than the kings of the earth.

Also, in Zechariah 12:10 who is the me in the part that says and they shall look upon me whom they have pierced, and they shall mourn for him as ...

First NO piercing going on in that verse. Daqar - reviled - struck.

King David again - see Psalm 22:16.

Psa 22:1 To the chief Musician upon Aijeleth Shahar, A Psalm of David. My God, my God, why hast thou forsaken me? why art thou so far from helping me, and from the words of my roaring?

KJV Psa 22:16 For dogs have compassed me: the assembly of the wicked have inclosed me: they pierced my hands and my feet.

Psa 22:17 I may tell all my bones: they look and stare upon me.

Psa 22:18 They part my garments among them, and cast lots upon my vesture.

Psalm 22:16 actually says in Hebrew - "k'ari b'yadai v'raglai" ("Like a lion (the enemies) are at my hands and feet"). ....

ABNER - NWT

Psalm 22:16 For dogs have surrounded me; The assembly of evildoers themselves have enclosed me. Like a lion [they are at] my hands and my feet.

And they know it is actually “lion” – look at - 22:21 Save me from the lion's mouth:

So YHVH is "I," and King David is "him" (could also be the Jewish people), and the fallen away people mourn for what David gave them..

Zec 12:7 YHVH also shall save the tents of Judah first, that the glory of the house of David and the glory of the inhabitants of Jerusalem do not magnify themselves against Judah.

Zec 12:8 In that day shall YHVH defend the inhabitants of Jerusalem; and he that is feeble among them at that day shall be as David; and the house of David shall be as God, as the angel of YHVH before them.

Zec 12:9 And it shall come to pass in that day, that I (YHVH) will seek to destroy all the nations that come against Jerusalem.

Zec 12:10 And I will pour upon the house of David, and upon the inhabitants of Jerusalem, the spirit of grace and of supplications: and they shall look upon me whom they have reviled (YHVH), and they shall mourn for him, as one mourneth for his only son, and shall be in bitterness for him, as one that is in bitterness for his firstborn.

David is that "first born" as shown in Psa. 89:27. So also are the Hebrew sons of God.

"Him" could be David, or the pre-soiled Davidic state of the people.

Last edited:

Ingledsva

HEATHEN ALASKAN
I disagree with you here also. The NT says the Messiah was from the lineage of David.

No matter how much you choose to deny it - If the ancestry of Mary came down through the lineage of David, and the only human parent involved was Mary, then guess what - the child would be from the lineage of David.

Actually the only linage to David mentioned with Jesus, is actually Joseph's line not Jesus'.

That linage passes through the male.

The reason for that - is that the women went off and became the possession of a different family. The children belonging to that father's family.

To keep David's line and throne, or any other Jewish male's line, - it was male to male descendants.

Jesus is thus NOT from that royal line which Tanakh says the Messiah must be.

Last edited:

TrueBeliever37

King David, He was the Anointed, he went on to have children as the verses following 7 say.

Psa 45:16 Instead of thy fathers shall be thy children, whom thou mayest make princes in all the earth.

That word "God" is actually Elohiym. Kings and Judges were also called Elohiym.

Psa 45:1 To the chief Musician upon Shoshannim, for the sons of Korah, Maschil, A Song of loves. My heart is inditing a good matter: I speak of the things which I have made touching the king: my tongue is the pen of a ready writer.

Psa 89:18 For YHVH is our defence; and the Holy One of Israel is our king.

Psa 89:19 Then thou spakest in vision to thy holy one, and saidst, I have laid help upon one that is mighty; I have exalted one chosen out of the people.

1. So your answer to me is that it was King David who is called Elohiym in Psalms 45:6-7? And you also believe in other Gods like Kings and Judges.

So you do believe in multiple Gods. You believe in more Gods than the Trinitarians do. I wouldn't have dreamed I would have to tell a Jew (if you really are) about verses like Isaiah 44:6, and Isaiah 45:5 where YHWH said he was the only Elohiym.

2. By using the blue in Psalms 89:18 are you implying that King David is the Holy One of Israel? If so, do you have more than one Holy One of Israel?
Try reading Psalms 78:41, and Isaiah 30:15 , and Isaiah 41:14 (there are many others) YHWH clearly calls himself the Holy One of Israel. I can find a verse where he says he is the King also if you need me to.

TrueBeliever37

First NO piercing going on in that verse. Daqar - reviled - struck.

King David again - see Psalm 22:16.

Psa 22:1 To the chief Musician upon Aijeleth Shahar, A Psalm of David. My God, my God, why hast thou forsaken me? why art thou so far from helping me, and from the words of my roaring?

KJV Psa 22:16 For dogs have compassed me: the assembly of the wicked have inclosed me: they pierced my hands and my feet.

Psa 22:17 I may tell all my bones: they look and stare upon me.

Psa 22:18 They part my garments among them, and cast lots upon my vesture.

Psalm 22:16 actually says in Hebrew - "k'ari b'yadai v'raglai" ("Like a lion (the enemies) are at my hands and feet"). ....

ABNER - NWT

Psalm 22:16 For dogs have surrounded me; The assembly of evildoers themselves have enclosed me. Like a lion [they are at] my hands and my feet.

And they know it is actually “lion” – look at - 22:21 Save me from the lion's mouth:

So YHVH is "I," and King David is "him" (could also be the Jewish people), and the fallen away people mourn for what David gave them..

You said NO piercing going on in that verse - referring to Zechariah 12:10 correct?

The word Daqar is #1856 in strong's concordance. It says - a primitive root : to stab; figuratively to revile: pierce, strike (thrust) through, wound
So it doesn't just mean what you said. It can mean to pierce.

You said
the me in Zechariah 12:10 is King David - correct? How is it King David in this prophecy when he was long dead before this was prophesied.?
(David lived around 1040BC to 970BC. Zechariah prophesied around 520BC.)

TrueBeliever37

ABNER - NWT

Actually I am confused about your answer in post #91 regarding Zechariah 12:10.
At one point in the post it looks like you said the me was King David, but then in another place you appear to say it was YHWH. (Either way if the me or the him is King David)
Explain how it is King David in a future prophesy, when he had been dead hundreds of years before Zechariah prophesied it.

Now regarding Psalms 22:16 - I looked this up in my Kohlenberger Interlinear and there is a note that says this word is pierced in some Hebrew manuscripts. While it is as you said in some others. So it appears there is a discrepancy between the Hebrew manuscripts. The two words look very much alike. So we will have to agree to disagree on this.

I will try to answer the questions you asked me tomorrow if I get a chance. I am too tired at the moment.

Ingledsva

HEATHEN ALASKAN
You said NO piercing going on in that verse - referring to Zechariah 12:10 correct?

The word Daqar is #1856 in strong's concordance. It says - a primitive root : to stab; figuratively to revile: pierce, strike (thrust) through, wound
So it doesn't just mean what you said. It can mean to pierce.

In reality it means to revile, or wound. YHVH is speaking, and if you read back you will see that his people going bad reviled, or wounded him.

Zec 12:10 And I (YHVH) will pour upon the house of David, and upon the inhabitants of Jerusalem, the spirit of grace and of supplications: and they shall look upon me (YHVH)whom they have reviled, and they shall mourn for him,(King David) as one mourneth for his only son, and shall be in bitterness for him, as one that is in bitterness for his firstborn. (Psa 89:27)

I've already shown it says this about David.

Psa 89:26 He shall cry unto me, Thou art my father, my God, and the rock of my salvation.

Psa 89:27 Also I will make him my firstborn, higher than the kings of the earth.

The "I" that they reviled was YHVH. The "HIM" they mourn for is David and those glory days of faithful people.

You said the me in Zechariah 12:10 is King David - correct? How is it King David in this prophecy when he was long dead before this was prophesied.?
(David lived around 1040BC to 970BC. Zechariah prophesied around 520BC.)

Read the whole book, and the whole verse, and the verses leading up to it. It calls to memory David and the House of David. Zechariah talks about the return of the people from their captivity, - which we are told is because they went bad and reviled YHVH.

Zec 7:7 Should ye not hear the words which YHVH hath cried by the former prophets, when Jerusalem was inhabited and in prosperity, and the cities thereof round about her, when men inhabited the south and the plain?

Zec 7:12 Yea, they made their hearts as an adamant stone, lest they should hear the law, and the words which YHVH of hosts hath sent in his spirit by the former prophets: therefore came a great wrath from YHVH of hosts.

Zec 7:13 Therefore it is come to pass, that as he cried, and they would not hear; so they cried, and I would not hear, saith YHVH of hosts:

Zec 7:14 But I scattered them with a whirlwind among all the nations whom they knew not. Thus the land was desolate after them, that no man passed through nor returned: for they laid the pleasant land desolate.

Zec 8:13 And it shall come to pass, that as ye were a curse among the heathen, O house of Judah, and house of Israel; so will I save you, and ye shall be a blessing: fear not, but let your hands be strong.

Zec 8:14 For thus saith YHVH of hosts; As I thought to punish you, when your fathers provoked me to wrath, saith the LORD of hosts, and I repented not:

Zec 9:9 Rejoice greatly, O daughter of Zion; shout, O daughter of Jerusalem: behold, thy King cometh unto thee: he is just, and having salvation; lowly, and riding upon an ***, and upon a colt the foal of an ***.

Kings like Solomon and Joshua rode on an *** because King David did. (1 Kgs 1:33-44).

1Ki 1:38 So Zadok the priest, and Nathan the prophet, and Benaiah the son of Jehoiada, and the Cherethites, and the Pelethites, went down, and caused Solomon to ride upon king David's mule, and brought him to Gihon.

1Ki 1:39 And Zadok the priest took an horn of oil out of the tabernacle, and anointed Solomon. And they blew the trumpet; and all the people said, God save king Solomon.

Zec 12:8 In that day shall YHVH defend the inhabitants of Jerusalem; and he that is feeble among them at that day shall be as David; and the house of David shall be as God, as the angel of the LORD before them.

Zec 12:10 And I (YHVH) will pour upon the house of David, and upon the inhabitants of Jerusalem, the spirit of grace and of supplications: and they shall look upon me (YHVH)whom they have reviled, and they shall mourn for him,(King David) as one mourneth for his only son, and shall be in bitterness for him, as one that is in bitterness for his firstborn. (Psa 89:27)

Psalm 89:27 has YHVH calling David his first born.

And by the way. It tells us who the BRANCH is, - and it isn't a future Jesus.

Zec 6:10 Take of them of the captivity, even of Heldai, of Tobijah, and of Jedaiah, which are come from Babylon, and come thou the same day, and go into the house of Josiah the son of Zephaniah;

Zec 6:11 Then take silver and gold, and make crowns, and set them upon the head of Joshua the son of Josedech, the high priest;

Zec 6:12 And speak unto him, saying, Thus speaketh YHVH of hosts, saying, Behold the man whose name is The BRANCH; and he shall grow up out of his place, and he shall build the temple of YHVH:

Zec 6:13 Even he shall build the temple of YHVH; and he shall bear the glory, and shall sit and rule upon his throne; and he shall be a priest upon his throne: and the counsel of peace shall be between them both.

TrueBeliever37

And by the way. It tells us who the BRANCH is, - and it isn't a future Jesus.

Zec 6:10 Take of them of the captivity, even of Heldai, of Tobijah, and of Jedaiah, which are come from Babylon, and come thou the same day, and go into the house of Josiah the son of Zephaniah;

Zec 6:11 Then take silver and gold, and make crowns, and set them upon the head of Joshua the son of Josedech, the high priest;

Zec 6:12 And speak unto him, saying, Thus speaketh YHVH of hosts, saying, Behold the man whose name is The BRANCH; and he shall grow up out of his place, and he shall build the temple of YHVH:

Zec 6:13 Even he shall build the temple of YHVH; and he shall bear the glory, and shall sit and rule upon his throne; and he shall be a priest upon his throne: and the counsel of peace shall be between them both.

Your problem is that the Messiah's real name is not Jesus, it is YHWSH. YHWSH means - YHWH saves or YHWH is salvation. The same name this high priest had, and the same name the one we call Joshua the successor to Moses had. The translators got it wrong when they used the name Jesus, they should have used YHWSH. This is even further proof the Messiah has come. He had the correct name that was prophesied also.

TrueBeliever37

You said YHVH was ONE - a spirit that became flesh. So if YHVH is on earth as Jesus - why is he praying and begging to be delivered from his final pain, - to someone else whom isn't there? According to you he is now on earth as Jesus - YOU said NO TRINITY. Why is he praying and begging to the air?

The Bible mentions a second throne for Jesus.

First of all I did not say YHWH became flesh. Which verse are you referring to that says there are two thrones?

God was dwelling in the Messiah
reconciling the world to himself. The fleshly body itself was not God or it could not die. God wrapped himself in the body of flesh he had made to dwell in, and sacrifice for mans sins. The flesh was like ours and weak in all the things we are weak in. In order to be the perfect sacrifice it would be necessary to be without sin. The flesh had to be obedient to the law. No flesh would want to suffer the kind of things he was going to suffer. The flesh had to cry out to the Spirit (in prayer) for help to overcome, and to endure what was ahead.

God's Spirit fills heaven and earth also
. He wasn't begging to the air.

After you respond to post #93, post #97 and this post
, maybe we should just agree to disagree. Because the scripture says no man knows who the Father is but the Son, and no man knows who the Son is but the Father , and he to whomsoever he reveals himself. (So I could talk till I am blue in the face, but unless God lets someone see it, they just won't understand.)

Ingledsva

HEATHEN ALASKAN
Your problem is that the Messiah's real name is not Jesus, it is YHWSH. YHWSH means - YHWH saves or YHWH is salvation. The same name this high priest had, and the same name the one we call Joshua the successor to Moses had. The translators got it wrong when they used the name Jesus, they should have used YHWSH. This is even further proof the Messiah has come. He had the correct name that was prophesied also.

And you obviously missed that this Branch King Joshua is specifically the son of Josedech, the high priest;

So- NO Jesus.

In the Greek texts his name is Ἰησοῦς - Iesous. Add the German guttural Jah - and we have JahIēsous - Jesus.

Ingledsva

HEATHEN ALASKAN
First of all I did not say YHWH became flesh. Which verse are you referring to that says there are two thrones?

Here are a couple of places showing two separate beings seated in Heaven. Which would obviously not be needed if Jesus was YHVH.

Heb 12:2 Looking unto Jesus the author and finisher of our faith; who for the joy that was set before him endured the cross, despising the shame, and is set down at the right hand of the throne of God.

Heb 1:3 Who being the brightness of his glory, and the express image of his person, and upholding all things by the word of his power, when he had by himself purged our sins, sat down on the right hand of the Majesty on high;

God was dwelling in the Messiah reconciling the world to himself. The fleshly body itself was not God or it could not die. God wrapped himself in the body of flesh he had made to dwell in, and sacrifice for mans sins. The flesh was like ours and weak in all the things we are weak in. In order to be the perfect sacrifice it would be necessary to be without sin. The flesh had to be obedient to the law. No flesh would want to suffer the kind of things he was going to suffer. The flesh had to cry out to the Spirit (in prayer) for help to overcome, and to endure what was ahead.

Jesus never says he is YHVH or a trinity. That was later Christians. His only claim was to be the awaited Jewish Messiah, - whom was to be a special HUMAN from the line of David.

God's Spirit fills heaven and earth also. He wasn't begging to the air.

What was he doing then if he is YHVH? Pretty strange to pray and beg to yourself. :rolleyes: There is no one else to hear, take it away, etc.

After you respond to post #93, post #97 and this post, maybe we should just agree to disagree. Because the scripture says no man knows who the Father is but the Son, and no man knows who the Son is but the Father , and he to whomsoever he reveals himself. (So I could talk till I am blue in the face, but unless God lets someone see it, they just won't understand.)

LOL! I always get replies like this. I was raised Christian. I have studied the Bible, taken comparative religion, etc. It is my study that tells me this can not be God, or God's book.

I don't believe a God that would allow murder, rape, slavery, sex slaves, killing people because they are different, or that would personally kill innocent babies for the supposed crimes of adults, can in any way be God.