• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Bible Questions...

Neophyte

Miranda Kerr Worship
Bible question...

1) Why would the all-knowing god of the Bible purposely create a person that he knew would not accept his son and then send him/her to Hell?

2) If god could not accept a soul in Heaven due to sin why not create another place besides Hell to place the soul?

3) Why did god create Lucifer?

4) The Bible teaches god never changes, but the OT kills everyone that disagrees with god while the NT teaches mercy and love. Does god change? How is this fair?

mohammed_beiruti

sorry Am not a Christian or a Jew,

i think the first question fits Abrahamic religion

1) Why would the all-knowing god of the Bible purposely create a person that he knew would not accept his son and then send him/her to Hell?

I think Allah want us to dwell in heaven not in hell.
the way of Allah is known for us, If you make an effort to track it ,he will help you.

but.. if you don't like his way , then you definitely have chosen Hell.

either ways, God is all-knowing.

Last edited:

not nom

but.. if you don't like his way , then you definitely have chosen Hell.

even in the quran it says god chose that. "why isn't everyone rightly guided?" "because I said I'll fill hell with jinn and humans", to paraphrase.

people twist that and make it the fault of people because they believe in that wrathful entity and are scared of it, not because the text allows any possibility for that claim. and the same goes for the bible.

Meow Mix

Chatte Féministe
You have a cofusions or misconception on this regrad, I don't want to change the subject , so I prefer to be silent.

If you don't mind, I'm interested in seeing the actual quote and interpretations of it. I know the Bible has interesting things to say about damnation and free will in Romans 9; but I was unaware the Quran possibly has something similar until now.

Kilgore Trout

Misanthropic Humanist
Bible question...

2) If god could not accept a soul in Heaven due to sin why not create another place besides Hell to place the soul?

4) The Bible teaches god never changes, but the OT kills everyone that disagrees with god while the NT teaches mercy and love. Does god change? How is this fair?

When you look at religious texts as expressions of the human psyche's complex and inconsistent search for meaning and answers, the answers to these questions become clearer.

Gjallarhorn

N'yog-Sothep
Bible question...

Since it would be much too boring to just say "it's all baloney", I'll just point out that Lucifer is not Satan and that Lucifer was the king of Babylon.

Awoon

Bible question...

1.Humans are born as the son. Religion stifles that knowledge.

2. God does not create, the Human mind does.

3. Read answer 2.

4. Please quote a God other than a Human writer about a God.

not nom

questioning bible right!, shall I bring islamic interpretions to Qura'an's verses that you have some thoughts about.

is it the right place here?

well I can't speak for the OP, but for me it's the same criticism really, just a different text ^^ I get your point though.

Trey of Diamonds

He wouldn't.

Maybe he did.

Maybe God and Lucifer are the same thing, two sides of the same coin.

Where does the bible say God never changes? Too much conflicting evidence of that. At the very least he changed his mind several times.

fallingblood

Agnostic Theist
Bible question...
There are more theological questions than Bible questions. The Bible really doesn't talk much about hell, and the idea of hell actually changes. The same thing goes with Satan.
I don't think he did. In my opinion, God appears in a variety of forms, for a variety of different people. People need different things, and God provides that. And others work better without God.

And like I said above, the Bible really doesn't talk much about hell. The concept was more developed later on.
I don't think anyone goes to hell. But for some people, fear is a great motivation. We see forms of hell in most religions, and in some, more than others, we see that this fear is meant to motivate people to do the right things.
Same reason he would have created any angel.
I think God presents himself in manners that allow those living at that time to understand him, and in a way that people need him. The ancient Hebrews needed a warrior deity, so God was that. Later on, the situation was quite different.