• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Bible Literalists Please Explain . . .

Skwim

Veteran Member
If God didn't want neither Adam nor Eve to eat the forbidden fruit, then why was the tree from where this fruit came placed in an easily accessible place accompanied as well by a deceitful tempter. For example, I'd feel really bad if I placed a sharp knife on a table within easy reach of my naturally curious 4-year-old nephew and told him not to play with it. And then leaving him alone near the knife, only to return near the scene of the knife and there see him seriously injured by this knife. In this scenario, I couldn't help but feel at least party responsible for what happened. Right? Of course, the story of Adam and Eve's disobedience of God in the Garden of Eden is purely fictional, because no benevolent omniscient being would have created such a scene knowing there's a good chance somebody could get hurt. Right?
Why did god condone slavery? Why didn't god simply stop everyone from breathing and kill them instead of going to all the trouble of gathering all the animals together, having Noah build an ark, and then flooding the world.

Kenny

Face to face with my Father
Premium Member
If I had asked such a question, but didn't. :D

So we take it literally where it applies literally and figuratively where it is meant to be figurative and challenge each other where we are not sure.

We are normal people. :D

Skwim

Veteran Member
So we take it literally where it applies literally and figuratively where it is meant to be figurative and challenge each other where we are not sure.
I'm not sure. Is that what you literalists do?

Faithofchristian

I am not familiar with that idea, so you will need to explain where you get it from in order for me to comment on it.

Not knowing how well you know the bible or how familiar you are with the bible.

In the bible it speaks of two types of man, the one being man of flesh and blood of the earth, which is called in the bible
( Terrestrial ) man of the earth.

The other man being called the
( Celestial) man of heavenly, which is not of flesh and blood of the earth.

That we find in the book of Genesis 1:26--"And God said, Let us make man in our image, after our likeness"

These being the man of the heavenly,
Also called the sons of God.
In the book of Job 1:6--"Now there was a day when the sons of God came to present themselves before the LORD"

Many people will say, that angels do not have power to create, But seeing they are without knowledge, Angels can create, but Angels do not have the power to give the breath of life, Only God has the power of breath of life.
For God breathed into Adams nostrils the breath of life, and man became a living soul.
Angels do not have the breath of life, only God has that power of the breath of life.

In the book of Daniel we can find the Angel Gabriel, Daniel calling a man.
Daniel 9:21--"Yet while I speaking in prayer, even the man Gabriel" But yet Gabriel is angel. But yet a man.

That even in the book of Judges, we find an angel of the Lord, appeared unto Samson mother, before Samson was born.

Judges 13:3--"And the angel of the Lord appeared unto the woman, and said unto her, Behold now, you are barren, and bearest not, but you shalt conceive, and bear a son"

And then in verse 6 of Judges we find Samson mother saying to her husband,
( Then the woman came and told her husband, saying, A man of God came unto me)
So what we have is, two types of man being spoken of, The one man being the
( Celestial) man of the heavenly and the other man being the ( Terrestrial) man of the earth, flesh and blood.

The ( Celestial) man, this being of the heavenly, angels, also called the sons of God. Were with God back during the first earth age, the first earth age, is where the dinosaurs bones came from.

We were there with God, not as flesh and blood, but the ( Celestial) man of the heavenly.
In the book of Jeremiah 1:5--"Before I formed you in the belly, I knew you, and before you came forth out of the womb"

So this means, before anyone came forth from the womb of their mothers, we were with God, as the ( Celestial) man of the heavenly. The sons of God.

Faithofchristian

Archaeologists have uncovered an approximately 430,000 year-old hominin apparent murder victim whose skull was examined to have multiple unhealed head wounds apparently inflicted by repeated blunt force trauma from a wooden spear or stone hand axe.

430,000-Year-Old Murder Victim Discovered

Murder is a sin...Right? So now you realize the "sinful " nature of earthbound humans existed way before the alleged 76th generation before Christ spawned by Adam, are you still gonna believe sin didn't enter this world until Adam?

Faithofchristian

Archaeologists have uncovered an approximately 430,000 year-old hominin apparent murder victim whose skull was examined to have multiple unhealed head wounds apparently inflicted by repeated blunt force trauma from a wooden spear or stone hand axe.

430,000-Year-Old Murder Victim Discovered

Murder is a sin...Right? So now you realize the "sinful " nature of earthbound humans existed way before the alleged 76th generation before Christ spawned by Adam, are you still gonna believe sin didn't enter this world until Adam?

Had you read what I said, I said sin did not enter this world until Adam and Eve.

But the original sin it's self, happen way before Adam and Eve were ever created.

Back Millions to Billions of years ago.

Salvador

RF's Swedenborgian
Had you read what I said, I said sin did not enter this world until Adam and Eve.

But the original sin it's self, happen way before Adam and Eve were ever created.

Back Millions to Billions of years ago.

How exactly did sin enter the world with Adam and Eve, if there were already sinful people on Earth before them. How exactly does that work?

Last edited:

Salvador

RF's Swedenborgian
Why did god condone slavery? Why didn't god simply stop everyone from breathing and kill them instead of going to all the trouble of gathering all the animals together, having Noah build an ark, and then flooding the world.

We ask such good questions about God's plans and motives, I guess if God and the resurrection of everybody's eternal souls were real, he'd perhaps gladly answer all these questions in the next life. ....:D

Last edited:

Skwim

Veteran Member
We ask such good questions about God's plans and motives, I guess if God and the resurrection of everybody's eternal souls were real, he'd perhaps gladly answer all these questions in the next life. ....:D
Something I'm sure Christians would say about god's the introductory session before entering heaven.

exchemist

Veteran Member
Not knowing how well you know the bible or how familiar you are with the bible.

In the bible it speaks of two types of man, the one being man of flesh and blood of the earth, which is called in the bible
( Terrestrial ) man of the earth.

The other man being called the
( Celestial) man of heavenly, which is not of flesh and blood of the earth.

That we find in the book of Genesis 1:26--"And God said, Let us make man in our image, after our likeness"

These being the man of the heavenly,
Also called the sons of God.
In the book of Job 1:6--"Now there was a day when the sons of God came to present themselves before the LORD"

Many people will say, that angels do not have power to create, But seeing they are without knowledge, Angels can create, but Angels do not have the power to give the breath of life, Only God has the power of breath of life.
For God breathed into Adams nostrils the breath of life, and man became a living soul.
Angels do not have the breath of life, only God has that power of the breath of life.

In the book of Daniel we can find the Angel Gabriel, Daniel calling a man.
Daniel 9:21--"Yet while I speaking in prayer, even the man Gabriel" But yet Gabriel is angel. But yet a man.

That even in the book of Judges, we find an angel of the Lord, appeared unto Samson mother, before Samson was born.

Judges 13:3--"And the angel of the Lord appeared unto the woman, and said unto her, Behold now, you are barren, and bearest not, but you shalt conceive, and bear a son"

And then in verse 6 of Judges we find Samson mother saying to her husband,
( Then the woman came and told her husband, saying, A man of God came unto me)
So what we have is, two types of man being spoken of, The one man being the
( Celestial) man of the heavenly and the other man being the ( Terrestrial) man of the earth, flesh and blood.

The ( Celestial) man, this being of the heavenly, angels, also called the sons of God. Were with God back during the first earth age, the first earth age, is where the dinosaurs bones came from.

We were there with God, not as flesh and blood, but the ( Celestial) man of the heavenly.
In the book of Jeremiah 1:5--"Before I formed you in the belly, I knew you, and before you came forth out of the womb"

So this means, before anyone came forth from the womb of their mothers, we were with God, as the ( Celestial) man of the heavenly. The sons of God.

It seems to me it is only you that is asserting angels can be spoken of as Man.

I am not aware than this idea is found in mainstream Christian theology. Can you direct me to any reference that shows that it is?

Faithofchristian

How exactly did sin enter the world with Adam and Eve, if there were already sinful people on Earth before them. How exactly does that work?

There were no people of flesh and blood on the earth before Adam and Eve.

But There were however the ( Celestial) man which is not of flesh and blood of the earth. That were on earth.

But seeing Adam and Eve were not the first male and female that were created.

There were male and female created on the 6th day which call today Friday, and then God rested on the 7th day, which we call Saturday.
And then on the next day, which we call Sunday, God created Adam and Eve.

Last edited:

Kenny

Premium Member
And your evidence that:
1. A god created the universe?
2. Humans live forever?

Same evidence that you "may" hold to:

1. Universe started on its own?
2. Humans don't have a spirit and don't live forever?

exchemist

Veteran Member
Same evidence that you "may" hold to:

1. Universe started on its own?
2. Humans don't have a spirit and don't live forever?

As you well know, you imply a false equivalence. Those hypotheses are the default resulting from application of Ockham's Razor, viz. the minimum consistent with such evidence as we do have.

Kenny

Premium Member
As you well know, you imply a false equivalence. Those hypotheses are the default resulting from application of Ockham's Razor, viz. the minimum consistent with such evidence as we do have.
Which equals the questions towards me.

I only ask for equality :)

So it wasn't a "false equivalence".

exchemist

Veteran Member
Which equals the questions towards me.

I only ask for equality :)
There is no equality between these positions. That is what "false equivalence" means.

The religious believer chooses, without reproducible objective evidence, to add extra hypotheses.

He does so for reasons of personal conviction, related to culture, upbringing, aesthetics and/or personal spiritual experience, all of which can be good reasons from his point of view but which do not constitute reproducible objective evidence.

You and I may say that there seems to be more to human experience than the physical world. But it is not fair on a physicalist to demand evidence that our extra hypotheses are false.