• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Bible Leaking Oil?

Deeje

Avid Bible Student
Premium Member
This is covered in scripture....

2 Thessalonians 2:9-12.
"But the lawless one’s presence is by the operation of Satan with every powerful work and lying signs and wonders 10 and every unrighteous deception for those who are perishing, as a retribution because they did not accept the love of the truth in order that they might be saved. 11 That is why God lets a deluding influence mislead them so that they may come to believe the lie, 12 in order that they all may be judged because they did not believe the truth but took pleasure in unrighteousness."

The devil can do tricks too to mislead people into believing things that are bogus. These people themselves are deluded.

2 Corinthians11:13-15...."For such men are false apostles, deceitful workers, disguising themselves as apostles of Christ. 14 And no wonder, for Satan himself keeps disguising himself as an angel of light. 15 It is therefore nothing extraordinary if his ministers also keep disguising themselves as ministers of righteousness. But their end will be according to their works."

TransmutingSoul

Veteran Member
Premium Member
These are great "gifts" from the universe in my experience.

I have no doubt many things are possible.

At the same time I also know that Science and reason must be in harmony.

We do have a long way to go to understand the power of mind.

Regards Tony

stvdv

Veteran Member: I Share (not Debate) my POV
I have no doubt many things are possible.

At the same time I also know that Science and reason must be in harmony.

I fully agree. I am glad my Science and Reason are in perfect harmony. I witnessed these things many times in my own house. No doubts anymore.
I used to push these aside, as I see others do here. Took me a while to figure out I was just scared to be fooled again. Building a wall felt safe.
But by putting up such a huge wall, I also blocked out this "feeling of awe and wonder" towards the "Great Unknown". Too big a sacrifice.

stvdv

"But the lawless one’s presence is by the operation of Satan with every powerful work and lying signs and wonders 10 and every unrighteous deception for those who are perishing, as a retribution because they did not accept the love of the truth in order that they might be saved. 11 That is why God lets a deluding influence mislead them so that they may come to believe the lie, 12 in order that they all may be judged because they did not believe the truth but took pleasure in unrighteousness."
The devil can do tricks too to mislead people into believing things that are bogus. These people themselves are deluded.
2 Corinthians11:13-15...."For such men are false apostles, deceitful workers, disguising themselves as apostles of Christ. 14 And no wonder, for Satan himself keeps disguising himself as an angel of light. 15 It is therefore nothing extraordinary if his ministers also keep disguising themselves as ministers of righteousness. But their end will be according to their works."
This is not covered in scripture as you say it. On a Bible Forum you could say this. On RF it is wrong to say it in this way.
And even on a Bible Forum it's better to be more precise and say "this is covered in Bible as per your interpretation". I interpret your verses different

The Devil can only do tricks to people who believe in the Devil. As per my scripture the Devil is a fantasy of human mind, so I let it go long ago. I'm fine if Christians believe in Devil(s), but I don't let it enter in my mind. Your interpretation is stated as a fact telling even "others are deluded". Adding IMO is a must here.

Just some clarification, because you said "These people themselves are deluded". Making such a bold statement it's best to be very precise

Last edited:

stvdv

I never understand that people quote Bible verses and then have the audacity to declare "It's a fact because the Bible says so".
As far as I know Christianity is still a religion, a belief system. And as per dictionary definition there is a diference between belief and fact.

And that is a fact.

Normally I just smile and keep quiet. NOT if they declare others who think different "ARE DELUDED" using Bible verses (as if it's a FACT)

Deeje

Avid Bible Student
Premium Member
This is not covered in scripture as you say it. On a Bible Forum you could say this. On RF it is wrong to say it in this way.
And even on a Bible Forum it's better to be more precise and say "this is covered in Bible as per your interpretation". I interpret your verses different

Oh good grief! Political correctness again? Seriously? "Its not what you say, it's the way that you say it"? I think I'm a bit over it actually. :rolleyes:

Since this topic is about the Bible and this situation of a Bible "leaking oil" is experienced by professed "Christians" who appear to be very sincere, isn't it is in the best interests of all to evaluate the whole thing in the light of scripture? Who wants to be deluded by a clever trick?

This substance is supposed to be "anointing oil", but is apparently nothing that can be identified by scientific analysis.

Exodus 30:22-25..."Jehovah continued to speak to Moses: 23 “Next, take the choicest perfumes: 500 units of solidified myrrh, and half that amount, 250 units, of sweet cinnamon, 250 units of sweet calamus, 24 and 500 units of cassia, measured by the standard shekel of the holy place, along with a hin of olive oil. 25 Then make out of it a holy anointing oil; it should be skillfully blended together. It is to be a holy anointing oil."

The holy anointing oil used by Moses was prescribed by God...the ingredients were clearly identified. If ithis oil was made with these exact ingredients, then perhaps it may be more convincing.

It is interesting that "God" spoke to the Bible's owner. Did God ever speak directly to anyone who was not a clearly authorised and recognized prophet? Imagine if every Tom, Dick or Harry claimed that God spoke to them....how would you know who to believe?

It is important to evaluate all the evidence without emotions getting in the way.

Since this "miracle" is not remotely close to any miracle mentioned in the Bible, we need to examine the circumstances with scripture to guide our conclusions, so tell me why should I be concerned about how a non-Christian interprets the Bible? :shrug:

You are as free to express your opinion as I am, because every post on these forums is someone's opinion or belief. If you disagree with the interpretation, you are welcome to put whatever interpretation on this situation suits you. PC is getting tiresome. Read Matthew 23 and ask yourself if Jesus considered his speech to be politically correct? People will get offended by all manner of things....even the truth. Perhaps they need to get over themselves. I am offended by them being offended!! :eek: I'll get over it, can't you?

[quote] The Devil can only do tricks to people who believe in the Devil. As per my scripture the Devil is a fantasy of human mind, so I let it go long ago. I'm fine if Christians believe in Devil(s), but I don't let it enter in my mind. Your interpretation is stated as a fact telling even "others are deluded". Adding IMO is a must here.[/quote]

So I must be politically correct in every statement I make? Have you nothing better to do than complain about how people express their opinions. Do I need to put a disclaimer in my signature to alert people like you that everything I write is my opinion? Who doesn't know that? Internet fotums are not that important in the big scheme of things.....they are just another source of people's opinions.

Are you the forum police? Sheesh!
Do you not identify your own faith as "The Eternal Religion"....who said? Is that just your opinion or something we should take as a fact? o_O

Just some clarification, because you said "These people themselves are deluded". Making such a bold statement it's best to be very precise

It's a statement that brings emotions into perspective and suggests what is accomplished by such events. Being emotionally affected by something like this is akin to being carried away by a weeping statue of Mary. Is it a satanic trick designed to make people react emotionally to something that is basically useless? Who is aware of being conned until a deception is exposed?

What miracle performed in the Bible was of no practical use to those experiencing it?

What does this oil do for anyone other than whip up their emotions? Does it heal people? If so does it heal all of them? (Any more than is demonstrated by the placebo effect?) When Jesus performed miracles there were no failures. Can something that comes from the highest power in the universe fail to deliver success every time?

The apostle Paul wrote....
"14 You, however, continue in the things that you learned and were persuaded to believe, knowing from whom you learned them 15 and that from infancy you have known the holy writings, which are able to make you wise for salvation through faith in Christ Jesus. 16 All Scripture is inspired of God and beneficial for teaching, for reproving, for setting things straight, for disciplining in righteousness, 17 so that the man of God may be fully competent, completely equipped for every good work." (2 Timothy 3:14-17)

Scripture explains everything. These so called "miracles" do nothing but mislead people into believing in things that appear to be "supernatural", but when you examine the circumstances, there is no evidence that they are from God. That is my opinion OK?

Last edited:

Woberts

The Perfumed Seneschal
I hope that it's crude oil. I also hope that they don't lock it up at night, if that's the case.