• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Bible-is-infallible believers: Can a person have faith in Christ without knowing it?

Jim

Nets of Wonder
Can a person have faith in Christ without knowing it, without thinking of it in those terms? I can't think of any examples from the Bible. Can you, or can you see any reason in the Bible to think that it's possible?

Can a person have faith in Christ without knowing it, without thinking of it in those terms? I can't think of any examples from the Bible. Can you, or can you see any reason in the Bible to think that it's possible?

You mean ,can a person have faith in Christ without having faith?

I don't know how to explain it. Do you think that a person can have a vision of Christ and have faith in Him, without knowing His name or His story?

Now I understand. Your post reminded me of Jesus' words I read recently. Do you mind if I write them?
6 Jesus said to him: “I am the way and the truth and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me.
7 If you men had known me, you would have known my Father also; from this moment on you know him and have seen him.”
9 Jesus said to him: “Even after I have been with you men for such a long time, Philip, have you not come to know me? Whoever has seen me has seen the Father also. How is it you say, ‘Show us the Father’?
As you may see ,Jesus’ apostles have seen him do wonderful works and have heard him proclaim the good news about the Kingdom of God.but is it enough for them to know the God?....
The same goes for faith in Jesus.lots of people knew him personally but it didn't help them to stay firm in faith.
there is lots of information about Jesus written in the Bible we may meditate on.and this can help us to strengthen faith in Jesus .

Reactions: Jim

LiveByFaithNotSight

The Art Of Conversing
John 4:22-24

"22 You worship what you do not know; we worship what we know, because salvation begins with the Jews. 23 Nevertheless, the hour is coming, and it is now, when the true worshippers will worship the Father with spirit and truth, for indeed, the Father is looking for ones like these to worship him. 24 God is a Spirit, and those worshipping him must worship with spirit and truth.”

ChristineM

"Be strong", I whispered to my coffee.
Premium Member
Infallible : incapable of making mistakes or being wrong.

There are many mistakes in the bible.

As to can a person have faith in christ without knowing the bible (NT assumed), i dont see how having faith in a person without knowledge of that person can work

LiveByFaithNotSight

The Art Of Conversing
John 4:22-24

"22 You worship what you do not know; we worship what we know, because salvation begins with the Jews. 23 Nevertheless, the hour is coming, and it is now, when the true worshippers will worship the Father with spirit and truth, for indeed, the Father is looking for ones like these to worship him. 24 God is a Spirit, and those worshipping him must worship with spirit and truth.”
So Scripture Jesus is Saying you can only worship the Father Jehovah in Spirit (Holy Spirit) and Truth. Jesus is the Truth and he teaches The Truth so if you dont know Jesus and his Teaching can you Follow Or faith faith in something you dont know?

Hebrews 11:1 Tell us

"11 Faith is the assured expectation of what is hoped for, the evident demonstration of realities that are not seen."

Faith — Watchtower ONLINE LIBRARY

No. A person cannot have salvific faith in Jesus Christ without knowing it. The Catholic Faith is supernatural and cannot happen without the grace of God nor can the person who has this faith be ignorant in any way of the Mysteries of the Faith e.g. the Holy Trinity and the Incarnation.