• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Bible has predicted COVID-19 and Judgement Day what comes shortly after it

PruePhillip

But those who die in the LORD will live; their bodies will rise again! Those who sleep in the earth will rise up and sing for joy! For your life-giving light will fall like dew on your people in the place of the dead! Go home, my people, and lock your doors! Hide yourselves for a little while until the LORD’s anger has passed. Look! The LORD is coming from heaven to punish the people of the earth for their sins. The earth will no longer hide those who have been killed. They will be brought out for all to see.

Isaiah 26:19-21 NLT

Um, no... sorry. Stop trying to read things into the bible.

Katzpur

Not your average Mormon
But those who die in the LORD will live; their bodies will rise again! Those who sleep in the earth will rise up and sing for joy! For your life-giving light will fall like dew on your people in the place of the dead! Go home, my people, and lock your doors! Hide yourselves for a little while until the LORD’s anger has passed. Look! The LORD is coming from heaven to punish the people of the earth for their sins. The earth will no longer hide those who have been killed. They will be brought out for all to see.

I think you left out the verse that is referring to Covid-19.

firedragon

Veteran Member

An innocent baby died due to covid. What sin has she done mate to be intentionally be killed by God?

Clara Tea

That explains why there is so much blood of Christ and flesh of Christ to go around when the congregations consume it. The meat merely grows back as soon as it is cut off.

Muffled

Jesus in me

I believe that is not likely Covid-19. Our dead are interred.

Subduction Zone

Veteran Member
Pandemic is the GLOBAL epidemy. When Israel was sick, the Indians in America were not sick. Can you understand this fact?
Nope. The Spanish Flu was far worse. There were an estimated five hundred million people that came down with it. That would be over two billion people with today's population. Only roughly 125 million people have come down with Covid19 so far.

Dave Watchman

I recall reading prophecies back in 1980, how everything was all aligned for the Lord's return in 1984. That was 40 years ago that was all ready to happen back then. And I'm sure it's been every decade since, as well as before, back to the time of the first generation after Christ.

I know.

But in my case, I'm quite sure of it.

I don't think it's necessary for anyone else to be sure of it.

I think the focus of Christians should be healing the world, instead of looking for it all to end so soon. I think skipping out of this life really misses the point of Christianity.

That sounds nice.

I can't find fault with what you say.

But if it IS all about to end, I want to know about it.

I WANT to figure it out.

"It is the glory of God to conceal a matter;
to search out a matter is the glory of kings. - Proverbs 25:2​

Windwalker

Veteran Member
Premium Member
I know.

But in my case, I'm quite sure of it.
And everyone of them was quite sure of it as well. I'm just saying, each generation sees signs of the end times, and felt just as confident then as well, especially during times when the world was stressful, like it is now.

That sounds nice.

I can't find fault with what you say.

But if it IS all about to end, I want to know about it.

I WANT to figure it out.

"It is the glory of God to conceal a matter;
to search out a matter is the glory of kings. - Proverbs 25:2​
But why would you want to figure it out? Why are you fixated upon tomorrow, when the world has plenty today? What good does it do to look for the end to come, when what is alive is right now before you? I can think of several of Jesus' quotes I could throw in here teaching just this. For instance,

"Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own."
As an outlet for anxiety, I can see becoming fixated on end times stuff during a pandemic and global unhevials. Those are no small things. But when you are looking for the end to come, you are not being with the things that are, where truth, beauty, and goodness are in the present. You want to look for God? Look for Him here.

It becomes an escape from reality to read signs everywhere, and predict apocalyptic doom, wars, rumors of wars, earthquakes, and worse yet, all fed in by conspiracy theories based in fears. So it becomes fear feeding into fear, feeding into fear, feeding into fear, in a self-reinforcing negative feedback loop.

All of that is just trying to cope with anxiety in a stressful world. But Peace, is doing what Jesus said about not being in the present moment, quoted in that verse above. All the rest is just entertainment as an escape from this world. God's been here all along. He never went anywhere.

rational experiences

Veteran Member
One and Only false fake artificial introduced false prophecy.

Human man sciences.

Totally ignored as only true reasons.

His story. Before I invented the sciences life holy was spiritual living kind caring a mutual family. One status as first real group. Organised human life spiritual.

I gave that life away to practice science a human man's plus brothers choice was his owned human confession.

God changed. God supported our highest owned human life. God conditions sacrificed life as science changed God.

The science prophetic mathematical applied list of causes. Backing list of what science in probable causes caused.

Mentality today. We need one organisation and one religion. Humans just happen to own both naturally family human and human spirituality.

Dave Watchman

And everyone of them was quite sure of it as well. I'm just saying, each generation sees signs of the end times, and felt just as confident then as well, especially during times when the world was stressful, like it is now.

I'm still quite sure of it.

Sure means 100% positivity.

I can't do that yet without a visitation.

But why would you want to figure it out? Why are you fixated upon tomorrow, when the world has plenty today? What good does it do to look for the end to come, when what is alive is right now before you? I can think of several of Jesus' quotes I could throw in here teaching just this. For instance,

"Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own."

That was like the last verse in the chapter.

Before, "Therefore", He was talking about having clothes to wear, and food to eat, and drink.

"So do not worry, saying, ‘What shall we eat?’ or ‘What shall we drink?’ or ‘What shall we wear?’ For the pagans run after all these things, and your heavenly Father knows that you need them. But seek first his kingdom and his righteousness, and all these things will be given to you as well. - Matthew 6:31-33​

"Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own."​

Jesus also said, regarding His coming, to watch.

But you must watch.

It's a Command.

The doorkeeper was commanded to watch.

“Blessed is he who watches…”​

If we do not watch, He will come upon us as a thief.

Look at all the times it says to watch in this NKJ version of Mark 13:

“But of that day and hour no one knows, not even the angels in heaven, nor the Son, but only the Father. Take heed, watch and pray; for you do not know when the time is. It is like a man going to a far country, who left his house and gave authority to his servants, and to each his work, and commanded the doorkeeper to watch. Watch therefore, for you do not know when the master of the house is coming—in the evening, at midnight, at the crowing of the rooster, or in the morning— lest, coming suddenly, he find you sleeping. And what I say to you, I say to all: Watch!”

Not only is He saying this to His disciples, but it's meant for everyone.

What I say to you, I say to all.

As an outlet for anxiety, I can see becoming fixated on end times stuff during a pandemic and global unhevials. Those are no small things. But when you are looking for the end to come, you are not being with the things that are, where truth, beauty, and goodness are in the present. You want to look for God? Look for Him here.

It becomes an escape from reality to read signs everywhere, and predict apocalyptic doom, wars, rumors of wars, earthquakes, and worse yet, all fed in by conspiracy theories based in fears. So it becomes fear feeding into fear, feeding into fear, feeding into fear, in a self-reinforcing negative feedback loop.

All of that is just trying to cope with anxiety in a stressful world. But Peace, is doing what Jesus said about not being in the present moment, quoted in that verse above. All the rest is just entertainment as an escape from this world. God's been here all along. He never went anywhere.

I like your note here anyway. :)

It's like a pressure relief valve.

It takes the stress off after I say I'm quite sure that we're at the end.

But I'm not sure that it's fear exactly.

And I'm not sure that it's an escape from reality, unless it's my reality that is the erroneous one.

But I don't think that it is.

There's too much of the empirical to list in one place.

I have a PDF of the sabils in the Old City of Jerusalem with dates on a plaque that correspond.

I tend to suspect that the actual second coming of Christ is much closer than the Hal Lindsey model would predict.

Here are just a couple of my sign posts, which I insist are not accidental.

Many important events were happening in 1969.

The fastest speed attained by man occurred, never to have been exceeded.

Who: The crew of Apollo 10
What: 39,937.7 kilometre(s) per hour
Where: Not Applicable ()
When: 26 May 1969

The fastest speed at which humans have travelled is 39,937.7 km/h (24,816.1 mph). The command module of Apollo 10, carrying Col. (later Lieut Gen.) Thomas Patten Stafford, USAF (b. 17 Sep 1930), Cdr (later Capt.) Eugene Andrew Cernan (1934–2017) and Cdr (later Capt.) John Watts Young, USN (1930–2018), reached this maximum value at the 121.9-km (75.7-mile) altitude interface on its trans-Earth return flight on 26 May 1969, when travelling at 36,397 ft/sec (11,093.8 m/sec).
Fastest speed achieved by humans

And we also had these two classic music hits released in 1969 to confirm the previous, and mark the start of the next heptad.

AND:

These men, and the Knesset Jews of 1969, were used as sign posts.

They pulled the actual trigger that year which began the time line for the return of their Messiah.

Even while being blinded in part.

I like the idea that some would smile at this, like a pressure relief valve.

Prepare yourself you know it's a must
Gotta have a friend in Jesus
So you know that when you die
He's gonna recommend you
To the spirit in the sky (spirit in the sky) - Norman Greenbaum​

Peaceful Sabbath.

Last edited:
World wide lockdown from the antichrist.. pretty sure covid is the only time it happened in history, on a world wide scale.. and get in your house and lock your doors is the orders from the master you chose, God is mocking. Go obey your replacement government because you didn't obey God.

And yes.. Judgement is next.. Jesus said that in the last day his very Word will be your Judge. I obeyed it and became it.. I'm the Judge.

Jesus said make no promises, he is the bridegroom.. anyone married to anyone other than Jesus but claiming Christian is committing adultery against the bridegroom. any man that lusts after a woman commits adultery in his heart.. where his God should be.
All who enter a committed relationship and claim to be Christian are GUILTY - Adultery. - Believe it and burn for your disobedience in your heart.. feel guilt and accept that punishment and repent.. - when you die to your life of selfishness and lies, and be born again as REAL Christian, your old marriage dies with the old creature. Does that mean no more sex?? no. you are to marry Jesus.. and that means it has to be consummated.. others who ACTUALLY OBEY HIM are his body, and if you repent. you are his wife.. actually be one body in Christ and share each other instead of claiming each other like you do property. -

You can't serve God and money. All who came before Jesus were theives and robbers.. because God owns everything and we are supposed to share it.. no man owns property. anyone treating property as their own is a thief.. and using police with guns to enforce it makes you robbers.. All who think they own property are Guilty of Theft.. and all who work for money are Guilty or working for thieves and robbers. Give to whoever asks.. don't work for money.. SHARE EVERYTHING! - REPENT! - believe i'm am the truth and repent, for I told you I would come in the cloud. If you do not accept the punishment in your heart and change.. God will punish you the hard way and you will perish.

Call no one else your teacher but Christ. He is your only master. All who obey another government are not putting God first.. breaking the first commandment.

teachings in schools.. fairy tails.. deceptions to children with the excuse of their age.. - GUILTY OF LIES.

Age discrimination against children- Hypocrisy

working for money - bowing down to the likeness of a graven image - who's image is on that coin?

teaching others about God when you don't put God first.. that vain teaching of God or taking God's name in vain.

Jesus said not to worry about food or clothing.. God will provide.. Jesus is Lord of the sabbath.. we are to rest in Christ.. doing the work of man ANY day of the week is breaking the sabbath.

Your Father is God and your mother is the founding church that taught you.. if you aren't obeying all this stuff.. you aren't honoring your father and mother.. You don't have another father or mother. You gave them up for Christ's family.

Doing your part for a society that uses military and police to kill those they can't force control over, makes you guilty of murder.

This is the Judgement. The longer you take to accept it.. The harder it will be on you.

Hockeycowboy

Witness for Jehovah
Premium Member
I recall reading prophecies back in 1980, how everything was all aligned for the Lord's return in 1984. That was 40 years ago that was all ready to happen back then. And I'm sure it's been every decade since, as well as before, back to the time of the first generation after Christ.

The Last Days began in 1914. The evidence supports it.
I think the focus of Christians should be healing the world, instead of looking for it all to end so soon. I think skipping out of this life really misses the point of Christianity.

The “world”, kosmos, means society & its arrangement / infrastructure. (Even earth, in some Scriptures, can mean society, i.e., people. — see Genesis 11:1. But Earth, as in this planet, “abideth forever.” — Ecclesiastes 1:4. Psalm 104:5 says in the NASB 1995...“He established the earth upon its foundations, So that it will not totter forever and ever.”)

It’s with this meaning of ‘world’, then, that these passages are understood: James 4:4 & 1 John 2:15-17.
Why? 1 John 5:19 & Luke 4:5-6 give us the reason.

It’s going to take God’s Kingdom to clean the Earth (Revelation 11:18), to accomplish God’s will / purpose in His own due time. — Matthew 6:9-10

Windwalker

Veteran Member
Premium Member
The Last Days began in 1914. The evidence supports it
Which is precisely what they said back in the early 1980's, claiming 1914 was the beginning of the Last Days, and then quoting Jesus saying "this generation shall not pass away before all these things come to pass", calculating from the Biblical "generation" equaling 70 years. 1914 + 70 = 1984.

And yet, something must have been wrong, since we are now at 107 years since 1914, and no splitting of the Mount of Olives yet. Maybe 1914 is purely an arbitrary fiction in the minds of those who look for the end of the world as their focus to find hope in God?

The “world”, kosmos, means society & its arrangement / infrastructure.
Not quite. While it does include society and its arrangements, it also includes everything else, from planets and stars, to biology, to emotions, to thoughts, to everything under the sun and above the sun. Kosmos, in the Greek mind, meant the totality of everything that exists, not just the planets and stars, nor as you say just the society and its arrangement.

From the philosopher Ken Wilber on why he uses Kosmos instead of Cosmos:

"Kosmos” is an old Pythagorean term, which means the entire universe in all its many dimensions-physical, emotional, mental and spiritual. “Cosmos” today usually means just the physical universe or physical dimension. So we might say the Kosmos includes the physiosphere, or cosmos; the biosphere, or life; the noosphere, or mind, all of which are radiant manifestations of pure Emptiness, and are not other to that Emptiness.

One of the catastrophes of modernity is that the Kosmos is no longer a fundamental reality to us; only the cosmos is. In other words, what is “real” is just the world of scientific materialism, the world of “flatland,” the flat and faded view of the modern and postmodern world, where the cosmos alone is real. And one of the things these two books try to do is rehabilitate the Kosmos as a believable concept."​

(Even earth, in some Scriptures, can mean society, i.e., people. — see Genesis 11:1. But Earth, as in this planet, “abideth forever.” — Ecclesiastes 1:4. Psalm 104:5 says in the NASB 1995...“He established the earth upon its foundations, So that it will not totter forever and ever.”)

It’s with this meaning of ‘world’, then, that these passages are understood: James 4:4 & 1 John 2:15-17.
Why? 1 John 5:19 & Luke 4:5-6 give us the reason.

It’s going to take God’s Kingdom to clean the Earth (Revelation 11:18), to accomplish God’s will / purpose in His own due time. — Matthew 6:9-10
You see the thing with groups such as the JWs or their close cousins American Fundamentalists, is that they see that the cleansing of the earth to be some external force, imposing itself upon the world. God is good. Earth is bad. God smashes earth. Earth is good.

I don't buy any of that. Rather, healing occurs from within. "You are the salt of earth". "You are the light of the world". These are internal forces, working from inside to the outside. "Make clean the inside of the cup first", says Jesus. So rather than hoping for external deliverance, Christianity teaches to look within to light that light of your life to illuminate and heal the world. Not smash it, and call that love.

lewisnotmiller

Grand Hat
Staff member
Premium Member

I have an interesting, easy read book at home called Millenium (Tom Holland).
It covers this type of concept as it relates to the period around the year 1000 AD.

Exactly as you suggest, people saw their own times as both 'modern' and 'special' and there was a lot of surety at the time by various people about various predictions, many supported by calculations which were updated as time progressed and they were proven inaccurate.

The more things change...!!!

Hockeycowboy

Witness for Jehovah
Premium Member
Which is precisely what they said back in the early 1980's, claiming 1914 was the beginning of the Last Days, and then quoting Jesus saying "this generation shall not pass away before all these things come to pass", calculating from the Biblical "generation" equaling 70 years. 1914 + 70 = 1984.

And yet, something must have been wrong, since we are now at 107 years since 1914, and no splitting of the Mount of Olives yet. Maybe 1914 is purely an arbitrary fiction in the minds of those who look for the end of the world as their focus to find hope in God?

Not quite. While it does include society and its arrangements, it also includes everything else, from planets and stars, to biology, to emotions, to thoughts, to everything under the sun and above the sun. Kosmos, in the Greek mind, meant the totality of everything that exists, not just the planets and stars, nor as you say just the society and its arrangement.

From the philosopher Ken Wilber on why he uses Kosmos instead of Cosmos:

"Kosmos” is an old Pythagorean term, which means the entire universe in all its many dimensions-physical, emotional, mental and spiritual. “Cosmos” today usually means just the physical universe or physical dimension. So we might say the Kosmos includes the physiosphere, or cosmos; the biosphere, or life; the noosphere, or mind, all of which are radiant manifestations of pure Emptiness, and are not other to that Emptiness.

One of the catastrophes of modernity is that the Kosmos is no longer a fundamental reality to us; only the cosmos is. In other words, what is “real” is just the world of scientific materialism, the world of “flatland,” the flat and faded view of the modern and postmodern world, where the cosmos alone is real. And one of the things these two books try to do is rehabilitate the Kosmos as a believable concept."​

You see the thing with groups such as the JWs or their close cousins American Fundamentalists, is that they see that the cleansing of the earth to be some external force, imposing itself upon the world. God is good. Earth is bad. God smashes earth. Earth is good.

I don't buy any of that. Rather, healing occurs from within. "You are the salt of earth". "You are the light of the world". These are internal forces, working from inside to the outside. "Make clean the inside of the cup first", says Jesus. So rather than hoping for external deliverance, Christianity teaches to look within to light that light of your life to illuminate and heal the world. Not smash it, and call that love.
“God smashes earth”? Who is talking about ‘smashing’ the Earth?

This planet simply needs cleaned up. Revelation 11:18 agrees with that.
And Psalms 37 10,11,29 & Proverbs 2:22 reveal the time when the wicked will be gone. From this earth.

And God’s Kingdom will do it. — Daniel 2:44

So long, my cousin.