• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Bible double day is proven by top Science in 1890 by C. Totten

Rinchen

Wait, so the bible and various hindu scriptures speak of a massive flood, AND I can find many many online articles and books saying there is evidence for a worldwide flood... so does that mean both Christianity and Hinduism in their totality are true? Just trying to understand your logic.

Bob the Unbeliever

An interesting thread-- that is, the rebuttals are quite interesting. The OP, not so much.

Reminds me a bit of Immanuel Velikovsky, and his widely discredited book, When Worlds Collide.

I do find it somewhat sad, that people stoop to such easy to prove silly claims to bolster what they believe.

If you Truly Believe in something? Why try to prove it using pseudoscience? That only tarnishes your Faith, IMO.

Someone with certain faith, would have no need of such tomfoolery. Nor would they be bothered by anyone who didn't believe as they did...

.... alas, that isn't so: Some folk's faith is so weak, they wish to pass laws enforcing it....! How sad is that?

Ingledsva

HEATHEN ALASKAN

Folks - STOP giving out the "funny emoji" when you mean it sarcastically, - as they are counted as positive points.

Just say very funny, or LOLOLOLO, or some such.

Could you folks in charge, - add a sarcastic "funny emoji" that did NOT give positive points, since people are using the funny that way?

Last edited:

YmirGF

Bodhisattva in Recovery

Folks - STOP giving out the "funny emoji" when you mean it sarcastically, - as they are counted as positive points.

Just say very funny, or LOLOLOLO, or some such.

Could you folks in charge, - add a sarcastic "funny emoji" that did NOT give positive points, since people are using the funny that way?

Said troubled individuals need all the help they can get. It's not like they accrue much in the way of real points. :)

jonathan180iq

I've read about half of the OP's linked book. Would anyone care to discuss the claims (or lack thereof) in this book?

Jainarayan

ॐ नमो भगवते वासुदेवाय
Staff member
Premium Member
Wait, so the bible and various hindu scriptures speak of a massive flood, AND I can find many many online articles and books saying there is evidence for a worldwide flood... so does that mean both Christianity and Hinduism in their totality are true? Just trying to understand your logic.

A big difference is that Hinduism is pretty open-minded and freely admits that many of its stories are metaphorical and allegorical. There are some Hindus who take the stories literally, but nowhere near the number of Christians who take the Bible literally. The Nasadiya Sukta of the Rigveda even ponders and questions how creation came about, rather than declaring. Nasadiya Sukta - Wikipedia

YmirGF

Bodhisattva in Recovery
I've read about half of the OP's linked book. Would anyone care to discuss the claims (or lack thereof) in this book?
Why? Are we really that bored? I'm gonna go garden for a few hours, LOL. Pulling weeds is far more entertaining and a better use of my time.

jonathan180iq

Why? Are we really that bored? I'm gonna go garden for a few hours, LOL. Pulling weeds is far more entertaining and a better use of my time.
When you're stuck in front of a computer for a few hours anyway, it's a nice bit of background amusement.

*Spoiler Alert: It's pretty poorly written and contains only marginal attempts at pseudo-scientific apologetics. It's mostly just a rant about how rationalism causes similar Old Testament nonsense to warrant throwing out the whole of the Bible... And it tires to defend against that. It is really is as bad as the jokes being made about it.

YmirGF

Bodhisattva in Recovery
When you're stuck in front of a computer for a few hours anyway, it's a nice bit of background amusement.

*Spoiler Alert: It's pretty poorly written and contains only marginal attempts at pseudo-scientific apologetics. It's mostly just a rant about how rationalism causes similar Old Testament nonsense to warrant throwing out the whole of the Bible... And it tires to defend against that. It is really is as bad as the jokes being made about it.
Hehe. I got that from the title page. Didn't feel a need to have a closer look. Obviously penned by some wing-nut.

leibowde84

Veteran Member
You're one of those skeptics that could see Jesus walk on water and say that it's only because He can't swim. No amount of evidence will convince you.
Not true at all. I have been convinced of many things throughout my life. I don't blindly trust anything or anyone, though. I am not going to blindly believe someone who claims to have been healed by faith if I don't even know the person to be honest.

It's the same way with news these days. You really have to take in a lot of media from both sides to get to the truth. Claims made have to be independently verified.