• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Bible Discrepancies

linwood

So in other words no where in the text of the book in question is there any support for the opinion that God caused Satan to force David to take a census.

I can extrapolate any verse to have bearing on any other verse anywhere throughout any book .

The point that you support the harmonisation of these two contrary verses with scripture entirely outside of the context of the scripture in question holds no water.

You are howver entitled to your belief,.
Enjoy it.

sandy whitelinger

Veteran Member
prosecutor said:
who was responsible for the of Christ? Was it the Jews? Was it "Satan"? Was it "God"?
Prosecutor
Jesus was responsible for His own : (John 10:17-18) "Therefore doth my Father love me, because I lay down my life, that I might take it again. No man taketh it from me, but I lay it down of myself. I have power to lay it down, and I have power to take it again. This commandment have I received of my Father."

Also at the trial of Jesus before Caiphus He condemned Himself (Mat 26:63-65), "But Jesus held his peace. And the high priest answered and said unto him, I adjure thee by the living God, that thou tell us whether thou be the Christ, the Son of God. Jesus saith unto him, Thou hast said: nevertheless I say unto you, Hereafter shall ye see the Son of man sitting on the right hand of power, and coming in the clouds of heaven. Then the high priest rent his clothes, saying, He hath spoken blasphemy; what further need have we of witnesses? behold, now ye have heard his blasphemy."

Pah

Uber all member
prosecutor said:
linwood, your background in Bible is either weak or you don't remember very well. Prosecutor
It appears that you have an overactive imagination. You take the word of "God" and make up harmonizations to cover the inconsistencies of human authors.

true blood

2 Samuel 24:1
Again the anger of the LORD burned against Israel, and he incited David against them, saying, "Go and take a census of Israel and Judah."

This could be a form of writing a type of figure of speech used of the people of them times. Also this is in the book of Samuel, I believe a prophet. The anger of the Lord did indeed burn against Israel many a times for their wrong doings, he burned with anger because Israel's failure to follow their God prevented God's full protection of Israel against the adversary (whom at that time ruled the world, desiring the complete destruction of human beings more so Israel perhaps) and with the concept that God simply allows this to happen, God can be seen in Samuel going against David since God would have the power to intervine and stop it, had he wished. I don't see a contridiction with the other verse having Satan inciting David if I view the two verses through different perspectives, noting that they are in separate books.

Sandy, I'm looking forward to your "proof" that there is no scriptural basis for "spiritual death". I can harldy wait to let all the hot air out of that balloon.

Prosecutor

Pah

Uber all member
prosecutor said:
Pah, why did you put in your two cents worth? You don't believe the Bible anyway.

Prosecutor
Because I don't believe the bible, I'm not hindered in seeing fallacies and inconsistencies. I don't have the bias that makes them "truth". Given that, I'm a member of ReligiousForums and entitled to "put in" my "two cents".

Pah

Uber all member
prosecutor said:
pah, "you don't have bias"? Yeah and there are no cows in Texas either.I
Prosecutor
I don't have your bias so I'm not prone to the same mistakes you make. For example, would you not say that the times given in the story are reasonable and true? Would you say it is reasonable to have six days of creation and a nine hundred year lifespan? Are you accepting of the ages of the early generations in Genesis? These are both contrary to fact and increduluious to those lacking your bias

yaakov, the "conscience" can be trained in a number of ways. There are those in this world who with a clear conscience believe it is right for them to kill Americans. This has to do with the way they have been brought up. Even Paul's own conscience did not bother him when he was persecuting the church.
He clearly thought he was doing right. (Acts 26:9) The Bible can be understood by the intellect alone. The problem is getting us to have open minds free from any prejudices. We can know the truth. (John 8:32)

Prosecutor

pah, as to the Bible account of the days of creation and the length of days that people lived, I accept exactly what the Bible says. However remember you don't believe the Bible. TOO BAD. One day you will and you will believe in God and His Son Jesus Christ and you will confess both.
Prosecutor

linwood

prosecutor said:
pah, as to the Bible account of the days of creation and the length of days that people lived, I accept exactly what the Bible says. However remember you don't believe the Bible. TOO BAD. One day you will and you will believe in God and His Son Jesus Christ and you will confess both.
Prosecutor
One day you will and you will believe in God and His Son Jesus Christ and you will confess both.

Did you mean?

One millenia you will and you will believe in God and His Son Jesus Christ and you will confess both.

I get so confused because y`know you could`ve meant millenia when you said day there`s not much difference.

Fellowship

True Blood,
Where did you get your text that you used to explain the Death of Judas? My ministry has come to the exact conclusion. (Whether some agree or not)
Email me?
[email protected]

I use blueletterbible for a lot of research but it seems that "slang" or figurative meanings are not always present. I could see if times were reversed and people were reading some texts that we would have written using some of the figurative meanings today that they could have been interpreted incorrectly.

Oh by the way, sorry. Very nice site. I'm glad a place like this is here and I am happy to be a member.

Pah

Uber all member
prosecutor said:
Prosecutor
It's a shame you believe so. Each is a gross exaggeration to bestow honor.

I, on the otherhand, feel sorry for you when death is empty and the Word of God is thus proven to be man's work.

pah, if death is empty as you say I will never know such neither will you. I would never know that much of my life has been wasted. On the other hand if I am right, I'm still in good shape. But what about you????
Prosecutor

linwood, you being confused is hardly a new revelation. Saying there is not much difference from millenia and a day just makes it more obvious.
Prosecutor

Pah

Uber all member
prosecutor said:
pah, if death is empty as you say I will never know such neither will you. I would never know that much of my life has been wasted. On the other hand if I am right, I'm still in good shape. But what about you????
Prosecutor
If I am right, I will not have wasted precious time in this life.

I apologize for participating in the off-topic line of discusion. Prospect - if you wish to contine, start another thread and PM me when you have done so.

Pah

Uber all member
yaakov said:
The bible cannot be understood by the intellect alone. you must use your conscience to know the truth. that is what it is for.
I assume you mean revelation because plain ol' conscience is what morality is often called.

If you do mean revelation, it is a very poor way to get to the truth for it (revelation) is akin to a hunch, or intuition with the difference being that the source of the information is specified. Using revelation to determine the truth of the bible is a circular argument.