• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Bible codes...

Abram

Abraham
I want to hear of other peoples discoveries of Bible codes. Some are real, some fake. But it blows my mind what I've learned so far. I don't want to discuss the authenticity of the Bible. I want to hear what has been pulled from a book that God inspired.
I will start off will one I learned from Chuck Missler.

The "Torah" is the first five books of the Bible written by Moses. Genesis, Exodus, Leviticus, Numbers, Deuteronomy. This is in regards the Hebrew original text.

Equidistant letter sequence.
In Genesis if you go 49 letters you come to what we call a "T" (there is a Hebrew letter but not on my keyboard)
Then go 49 more letters and you come to a "O"
Then go 49 more letters and you come to a "R"
Then go 49 more letters and you come to a "H"

It ends up spelling TORH or Torah
Now we go to Exodus and do the same thing, 49 letters, 49 letters and so on. It spells TORH again. Huh, coincidence? Let see..

Leviticus 49 letters, nope no "T" there. Ahh skip it...

Now in Numbers: 49 letters you come to a "H"
49 more numbers in "R"
49 more numbers in "O"
49 more numbers in "T"
Ends up spelling Torah backwards?
Then in Deuteronomy it does it backward again?

What about Leviticus, the book we skipped, lets go back. Now we count 7 letters in,
we come to a "Y"
7 more letters in "H"
7 more letters in "W"
7 more letters in "H"
What's that spell? "YHWH" or the name God game himself. Yahweh, pronounced differently by many.

So when we put the books together and line them up it looks like this.

TORH - TORH - YHWH - HROT - HROT
The Torah always points to God.

jonny

I don't know much about Bible codes. Do these refer to a specific translation of the Bible?

Halcyon

Lord of the Badgers
I've been sceptical of these codes ever since they used the same method to predict Michael Drosnin's death in a copy of War and Peace (or possibly Moby Dick, i forget)

michel

Administrator Emeritus
Staff member
Abram said:
I want to hear of other peoples discoveries of Bible codes. Some are real, some fake. But it blows my mind what I've learned so far. I don't want to discuss the authenticity of the Bible. I want to hear what has been pulled from a book that God inspired.

The "Torah" is the first five books of the Bible written by Moses. Genesis, Exodus, Leviticus, Numbers, Deuteronomy. This is in regards the Hebrew original text.

In Genesis if you go 49 letters you come to what we call a "T" (there is a Hebrew letter but not on my keyboard)

Now we go to Exodus and do the same thing, 49 letters, 49 letters and so on. It spells TORH again. Huh, coincidence? Let see..

49 more numbers in "R"
49 more numbers in "O"
49 more numbers in "T"

What about Leviticus, the book we skipped, lets go back. Now we count 7 letters in,
we come to a "Y"
7 more letters in "H"
7 more letters in "W"
7 more letters in "H"
What's that spell? "YHWH" or the name God game himself. Yahweh, pronounced differently by many.

Although I am fascinated by numbers, there is evidence that patterns are merely coincidental. http://turbulence.org/Works/nums/ is about a book called "The Secret lives of Numbers"
The authors conducted an exhaustive empirical study, with the aid of custom software, public search engines and powerful statistical techniques, in order to determine the relative popularity of every integer between 0 and one million. The resulting information exhibits an extraordinary variety of patterns which reflect and refract our culture, our minds, and our bodies.

For example, certain numbers, such as 212, 486, 911, 1040, 1492, 1776, 68040, or 90210, occur more frequently than their neighbors because they are used to denominate the phone numbers, tax forms, computer chips, famous dates, or television programs that figure prominently in our culture. Regular periodicities in the data, located at multiples and powers of ten, mirror our cognitive preference for round numbers in our biologically-driven base-10 numbering system. Certain numbers, such as 12345 or 8888, appear to be more popular simply because they are easier to remember.

Humanity’s fascination with numbers is ancient and complex. Our present relationship with numbers reveals both a highly developed tool and a highly developed user, working together to measure, create, and predict both ourselves and the world around us. But like every symbiotic couple, the tool we would like to believe is separate from us (and thus objective) is actually an intricate reflection of our thoughts, interests, and capabilities. One intriguing result of this symbiosis is that the numeric system we use to describe patterns, is actually used in a patterned fashion to describe.

We surmise that our dataset is a numeric snaphot of the collective consciousness. Herein we return our analyses to the public in the form of an interactive visualization, whose aim is to provoke awareness of one's own numeric manifestations.

FFH

Veteran Member
I am glad that someone other than me has seen this. I saw this very thing demonstrated on a program that I have on tape.

..torah...torah...Yaweh....harot......harot.....
Genesis Exodus Leviticus Numbers Deuteronomy

Torah or the law spelled forward in Genesis and Exodus
Yaweh or God is spelled forward in Leviticus
Torah or the law is spelled backwards in Numbers and Deuteronomy.

torah torah Yaweh harot harot
..... law law God wal wal
The law points to God or Yeshua, who is Jesus Christ

Torah is spelled every 49 equidistant letters. 49 is the number for Judgement
Yahweh is spelled every 7 equidistant letters. 7 is the number for Forgiveness.

God offers us forgiveness in spite of the law.

Code translations
http://exodus2006.com/3code.htm

Code explanation
www.biblecode.org

Abram

Abraham
jonny said:
I don't know much about Bible codes. Do these refer to a specific translation of the Bible?
This one is from the Hebrew writings, it wouldn't work in a translation copy.

So many skeptics here... The Torah code is my favorite because it isn't predicting the future. It's placed perfect and is not coincidence. Impossible. It's so evenly placed and would be impossible for any human to duplicate in Hebrew. The constraints in Hebrew are crazy...

FFH

Veteran Member
These same scholars or Bible code experts say that each of our names are encoded in the Hebrew text of the Bible. We are truely written in the "Lambs Book of Life" the Bible.

Abram

Abraham
If you have interest in Gods divine number 7 and want to see a strong case for a God inspired Bible go here... http://www.fillthevoid.org/Versions/number-7.html

-The number of words in the vocabulary will divide by 7.
- The number of words beginning with a vowel is divisible by 7.
- The number of words beginning with a consonant is divisible by 7.
- The number of letters in the vocabulary is divisible by 7.
- Of these letters, those which are vowels and those which are consonants will both divide by 7.
- The number of words in the vocabulary occurring more than once is divisible by 7. Those occurring only once likewise divide by 7.
- The number of nouns is divisible by 7. The number that are not nouns likewise divides by 7.
- The number of proper names is divisible by 7. The male names divide by 7. The female names divide by 7.
- The number of words beginning with each of the letters of the alphabet is divisible by 7.
- The numerical value of the vocabulary is divisible by 7.
- The numerical value of the various alphabetical groups of words is divisible by 7.
- The numerical value of the various forms in which the words occur produce the same phenomenon

FFH

Veteran Member
Abram said:
-The number of words in the vocabulary will divide by 7.
- The number of words beginning with a vowel is divisible by 7.
- The number of words beginning with a consonant is divisible by 7.
- The number of letters in the vocabulary is divisible by 7.
- Of these letters, those which are vowels and those which are consonants will both divide by 7.
- The number of words in the vocabulary occurring more than once is divisible by 7. Those occurring only once likewise divide by 7.
- The number of nouns is divisible by 7. The number that are not nouns likewise divides by 7.
- The number of proper names is divisible by 7. The male names divide by 7. The female names divide by 7.
- The number of words beginning with each of the letters of the alphabet is divisible by 7.
- The numerical value of the vocabulary is divisible by 7.
- The numerical value of the various alphabetical groups of words is divisible by 7.
- The numerical value of the various forms in which the words occur produce the same phenomenon
Wow !!

Abram

Abraham
Here's another, no number codes just spells out Jesus right from the genealogy of Adam

Adam = man
Seth = appointed
Enosh = mortal
Kainan = sorrow
Mahalalel = the blessed god
Jared = come down
Enoch = teaching
Methuselah = death shall bring
Lamech = the despairing
Noah = comfort, rest

So man is appointed mortal sorrow, but the blessed god shall come down teaching, his death shall bring the despairing comfort and rest.

Reactions: FFH

FFH

Veteran Member
This is the kind of stuff that proves that the Bible was not written by any mortal man.

Abram

Abraham
FFH said:
This is the kind of stuff that proves that the Bible was not written by any mortal man.
Slow down there turbo:)

Written by man it was. Inspired by God, yes. It strenghthens the case but proves nothing. Faith and his affect in your life is the only proof.

"If anyone chooses to do God's will, he will find out whether my teaching comes from God or whether I speak on my own." -Jesus

Sure makes it eaiser to believe though:D

FFH

Veteran Member
Abram said:
So man is appointed mortal sorrow, but the blessed god shall come down teaching, his death shall bring the despairing comfort and rest.
I have seen the geneology of Adam to Noah with the coresponding meanings put into a sentence before, but not quite as beautifully as this one.

FFH

Veteran Member
Abram said:
Slow down there turbo:)

Written by man it was. Inspired by God, yes. It strenghthens the case but proves nothing. Faith and his affect in your life is the only proof.

"If anyone chooses to do God's will, he will find out whether my teaching comes from God or whether I speak on my own." -Jesus

Sure makes it eaiser to believe though:D
There are many more instances throughout the bible in which the names of the characters spell out a story or teaching or statement. Usually the story or teaching or statement points to the Savior or some other important teaching in the Bible. There are teachings and statements within teachings and statements. No mortal man could have done this. True it was written by man but each letter and each word is inspired by God.

fromthe heart

Abram said:

49 more numbers in "R"
49 more numbers in "O"
49 more numbers in "T"

we come to a "Y"
7 more letters in "H"
7 more letters in "W"
7 more letters in "H"

No matter how you look at it it points to the author being GOD...It has been told that the Psalms hold the truth to the ages as well...that they predict events yet to come...Could it be ?

Abram

Abraham
FFH said:
There are many more instances throughout the bible in which the names of the characters spell out a story or teaching or statement. Usually the story or teaching or statement points to the Savior or some other important teaching in the Bible. There are teachings and statements within teachings and statements. No mortal man could have done this. True it was written by man but each letter and each word is inspired by God.
The most important discovery of my life was the insight that the Bible is an integrated message system. Although these 66 books were written by over 40 authors over thousands of years, we discover that they are a unified whole. Every word, every number, every place name, even the implied punctuation, appear to be the result of supernatural engineering. The rabbis in Israel have a quaint way of expressing this. They say that we won't really understand the Scriptures until the Messiah comes. But when He comes, He will not only interpret the passages for us; He will interpret the very words; He will interpret the very letters; He will even interpret the spaces between the letters!

I used to think this was just a colorful exaggeration. Until I re-read Jesus' own comments on the Scripture:

Think not that I am come to destroy the law, or the prophets; I am not come to destroy, but to fulfill. For verily I say unto you, Till heaven and earth pass, one yot or one tittle shall in no way pass from the law, till all be fulfilled. -Matthew 5:17-18

A "yot" or a "tittle" are Hebraisms: a "yot" is one of the 22 letters of the Hebrew alphabet that we might mistake for an apostrophe, or a blemish on the paper. A "tittle" is a tiny notation that distinguishes some of the letters. The phrase that Jesus used is equivalent to our "dotting of an 'i' or the crossing of a 't.'" These words, from our Lord Himself, seem to verify the rather extreme view of the rabbis.

Thus we discover that every detail of the Bible is there by design. This insight opens an entirely new dimension of Bible study. Every time you find a "mistake" or "contradiction" in the Bible, rejoice: there is a discovery behind that ostensible discrepancy.

I get real excited about it myself...:bounce

Abram

Abraham
fromthe heart said:
No matter how you look at it it points to the author being GOD...It has been told that the Psalms hold the truth to the ages as well...that they predict events yet to come...Could it be ?
A strong possability that the Bible is written outside our time domain. It perdicted Jesus down to the littles detail. Wars down to the winner. And rulers that fell and rose.

Because God is outside of time, he knows the begining and the end. But I don't think the Bible can tell the future like a crystal ball. There is people that say they found all these names and wars, but I guess you can find those in any book. The Bible is made so we can explore it our entire life time. You'll will never finish it here on earth...

FFH

Veteran Member
I will add to this scripture that no "jot" or "tittle" shall pass away, which I am well aware of, and post this one.

2 Timothy 3: 16

"All scripture is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness."

I am here as witness with you in these things. This stuff ministers to me as much as I am sure it will witness to many others. There is no better way to prove the writings of the Bible were divinely inspired. It would have been inpossible for a man to have encoded within each message a message.

Man can make attempts at this but will fail every time.