• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Bible banned in primary schools in Utah

SalixIncendium

अग्निविलोवनन्दः
Staff member
Premium Member
It's Utah.

I'm confident that the Book of Mormon is still permitted.

I wonder what their thoughts are on the Quran or the Bhagavad Gita.

ChristineM

"Be strong", I whispered to my coffee.
Premium Member
It's Utah.

Don't know but watch this space.

Chances are the Qur'an and Bhagavad Gita are not on the shelves.

Callisto

Hellenismos, BTW
It's Utah.

According to this article in the Deseret News, they are:

A random check of (Utah) school districts revealed that they, too, have an array of religious texts in their school libraries such as the Bible, Quran, Torah, the Book of Mormon and the Hindu text Bhagavad Gita, but none reported they had been challenged.​
Granite School District spokesman Ben Horsley said the district received an inquiry about religious texts in its schools but the person did not file a formal request that the district review them.​
Since the passage of Utah’s “sensitive materials” law in 2022, Utah school districts such as Alpine, Granite and Davis have received dozens of other requests for book reviews, some spurred by parents rights organizations such as Utah Parents United and others from concerned individuals.​

F1fan

Veteran Member
So I guess we wait to see the civil war between Red State Mormon Utah with some Red State Christian Alabama, or Georgia, or Mississippi, or maybe Florida led by DeSantis himself. Blue states will just mind their business as red states disintegrate.

Subduction Zone

Veteran Member

crossfire

LHP Mercuræn Feminist Heretic ☿
Premium Member
It appears that there was not much of an objection by conservatives. They are so set on getting the books that scare them out of the schools that they do not mind if books that they claim to love are taken out.
There is always the "forbidden fruit" strategy--books you place out of reach of kids are the first ones the kids want to read--freeing the parent from having embarrassing discussions with their children, as the children have already read about it on their own.

sun rise

The world is on fire
Premium Member

Heyo

Veteran Member
So I guess we wait to see the civil war between Red State Mormon Utah with some Red State Christian Alabama, or Georgia, or Mississippi, or maybe Florida led by DeSantis himself. Blue states will just mind their business as red states disintegrate.
:eek:ptimistic: