• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Bhedabheda vs. Advaita

ajay0

You are right in saying that if one uses ones own intelligence to determine the truth one can get totally deluded results.

Where did I say that! Vague speculation is not synonymous with intelligence. It is vague speculation and imagination that mistakes the rope for a snake, an analogy often used in Vedanta.

Study of the scriptures along with training under a realised master, coupled with good study habits ,work habits and courage can help one realise the truth. Good health is also a prerequisite.

Shantanu

Where did I say that! Vague speculation is not synonymous with intelligence. It is vague speculation and imagination that mistakes the rope for a snake, an analogy often used in Vedanta.

Study of the scriptures along with training under a realised master, coupled with good study habits ,work habits and courage can help one realise the truth. Good health is also a prerequisite.
Have you found a way of testing whether you are right? Any 'realised master' must have a way of determining that.

Shantanu

I am an advaitan.
It is not enough to say that you are a advaitan: what kind of advaitan are you. I am also an advaitan: of the satya-advaita kind where the path of truth determines my outlook of union with the universe.