• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Bharatiya Janata Party suspends Spokeswoman.

JIMMY12345

In brief some remarks were made in the course of a TV interview.These might be hurtful to Muslims.Thankfully in this instance the mainly Hindu BJP moved quickly on suspension (and one expulsion).
The Hindu religion is loved and respected.However we have to respect all religions everywhere.Kuwait and Qatar (amongst others ) were most upset.The BJP needs to enforce tough party discipline.Not forgetting Muslims also voted for Mr Modi. He was and is still seen as India's saviour in a bid to modernise and stem corruption.India does not need a problem of religious infighting.
What is your take on this issue?

sun rise

The world is on fire
Premium Member
.India does not need a problem of religious infighting.

It's sad to see India getting more and more to be a Hindu-only nation (small steps at a time).

It's sad to see India fertilizing the grounds where Islamic terrorism might grow.

It's sad that India did not learn the lesson of partition where rivers of blood flowed on the part of both religions.

Aupmanyav

Be your own guru
1. The lady reacted to a remark on Lord Shiva. DO NOT OVERLOOK THAT. She is suspended and not expelled. She will be back after things cool down.
2. I do not know the story about the person who was expelled. It must be some sort of POLITICAL SABOTAGE for the party as we recently had some elections in that state, AND NOT CONNECTED WITH ANY REMARK. You need to note that the person, Naveen Jindal, was a close associate of Gandhis and a Minister when ManMohan Singh was the Prime Minister. He is a billionaire and came to BJP for reasons other than ideology. I will say good riddance.
BJP and Prime Minister Modi are doing . will do whatever is necessary for the country.
Some religious strife will continue in India due to instigation of Muslim clerics at the instance of Middle Eastern governments and Pakistan. Everything cannot be peaceful in a country with a population of 1400 million. We are not surprised by that.
Moreover, if Muslims want Sharia laws to be enforced in India, that is not going to happen. Indian Constitution and Indian Supreme Court mandate equal rights for men and women. We will have a UNIFORM CIVIL CODE. That is what is bugging the Muslim clerics because then they will loose their importance. Muslim Personal Laws are going to be consigned to waste paper basket. The conflict is not between Government of India and Muslims, it is really between Government of India and Muslim clerics.

Last edited:

The Hammer

[REDACTED]
Premium Member
In brief some remarks were made in the course of a TV interview.These might be hurtful to Muslims.Thankfully in this instance the mainly Hindu BJP moved quickly on suspension (and one expulsion).
The Hindu religion is loved and respected.However we have to respect all religions everywhere.Kuwait and Qatar (amongst others ) were most upset.The BJP needs to enforce tough party discipline.Not forgetting Muslims also voted for Mr Modi. He was and is still seen as India's saviour in a bid to modernise and stem corruption.India does not need a problem of religious infighting.

Muslim and Hindu infighting has been going on for centuries.

Aupmanyav

Be your own guru
At this moment there are two Muslims working in our apartment which is being repainted, sometimes three or four. If we need electrical repairs, we will call our Muslim electrician, a Haji, who has been working for us for the last ten years, and before him, his brother in law, who worked for us for twenty years. No problem there. My father, a doctor, had a Muslim helper who always greeted us in the Hindu way by saying Ram Ram. I worked for a Muslim friend of my father in his automobile battery workshop for some time. One of my best friends in college was a Muslim. After completion of his medical education, he went to work in Saudi Arabia. The chief caretaker of my father in laws iron goods shop was a Muslim. If his family was out for some time in Delhi, he used to entrust the safety of the house to this worker. My son in laws best friend is a Muslim for more than thirty years, currently a teacher in an American Dental college. There are a substantial number of Muslims in our Army. The percentage of Muslims in police is mandated by law. Hindus and Muslims are intertwined in India in various ways, and are together in spite of these irritants for centuries.

Last edited:

JIMMY12345

At this moment there are two Muslims working in our apartment which is being repainted, sometimes three or four. If we need electrical repairs, we will call our Muslim electrician, a Haji, who has been working for us for the last ten years, and before him, his brother in law, who worked for us for twenty years. No problem there. My father, a doctor, had a Muslim helper who always greeted us in the Hindu way by saying Ram Ram. I worked for a Muslim friend of my father in his automobile battery workshop for some time. One of my best friends in college was a Muslim. After completion of his medical education, he went to work in Saudi Arabia. The chief caretaker of my father in laws iron goods shop was a Muslim. If his family was out for some time in Delhi, he used to entrust the safety of the house to this worker. My son in laws best friend is a Muslim for more than thirty years, currently a teacher in an American Dental college. There are a substantial number of Muslims in our Army. The percentage of Muslims in police is mandated by law. Hindus and Muslims are intertwined in India in various ways, and are together in spite of these irritants for centuries.
I disagree with one of the posts who defended in part the spokeswoman.However this is your right and I am glad you feel able to voice your feelings on this forum and did so as debate is good.
1. The lady reacted to a remark on Lord Shiva. DO NOT OVERLOOK THAT. She is suspended and not expelled. She will be back after things cool down.
2. I do not know the story about the person who was expelled. It must be some sort of POLITICAL SABOTAGE for the party as we recently had some elections in that state, AND NOT CONNECTED WITH ANY REMARK. You need to note that the person, Naveen Jindal, was a close associate of Gandhis and a Minister when ManMohan Singh was the Prime Minister. He is a billionaire and came to BJP for reasons other than ideology. I will say good riddance.
BJP and Prime Minister Modi are doing . will do whatever is necessary for the country.
Some religious strife will continue in India due to instigation of Muslim clerics at the instance of Middle Eastern governments and Pakistan. Everything cannot be peaceful in a country with a population of 1400 million. We are not surprised by that.
Moreover, if Muslims want Sharia laws to be enforced in India, that is not going to happen. Indian Constitution and Indian Supreme Court mandate equal rights for men and women. We will have a UNIFORM CIVIL CODE. That is what is bugging the Muslim clerics because then they will loose their importance. Muslim Personal Laws are going to be consigned to waste paper basket. The conflict is not between Government of India and Muslims, it is really between Government of India and Muslim clerics.
I disagree with one of the posts who defended in part the spokeswoman.However this is your right and I am glad you feel able to voice your feelings on this forum and did so as debate is good.

Aupmanyav

Be your own guru
:) To agree or ddisagree with my post is your right, but may I ask why the intellectuals on the left and Middle Eastern Governments have not similarly condemned the initial derogatory remarks on Lord Shiva? Why this double standard when Quran says to you your belief and to me mine. Al Kafirun 6

JIMMY12345

:) To agree or ddisagree with my post is your right, but may I ask why the intellectuals on the left and Middle Eastern Governments have not similarly condemned the initial derogatory remarks on Lord Shiva? Why this double standard when Quran says to you your belief and to me mine. Al Kafirun 6
Thank you so much for your valuable post.We and others will all enjoy a responsible healthy and respectful debate on this thread.
Bluntly I feel this is not about religion.
Historically the Protestants had feisty fights with the Catholics.Putin wants to encourage the
Orthodox church.In USA Russia business people pump millions into the voting machinery diluting democracy.Republicans (no offence here I am a fan of George H Bush) court the evangelical right.

I believe that you and others on this thread are sincere and very religious and good.However in the big bad world beyond.I and many others think people hijack religion to achieve PERSONAL FINANCIAL AND POLITICAL POWER.
To be truly religious is to follow one's religion with devotion.Equally it is about respecting other peoples religions and avoiding inflammatory language or discrimination .

ronki23

It was a mistranslation about Aisha's age; 16 upon marriage and 19 upon consummation. Rather strange as nearly the whole world uses Arabic numerals.

Screenshot_20220609-232023~2.png

ronki23

What was actually said by both of them? I don't understand Hindi and I can't find a subtitled video

Aupmanyav

Be your own guru
How does it matter to me? I am a strong atheist and an orthodox Hindu. I neither believe in existence of Gods and Goddesses, nor in prophets, sons, messengers, manifestations, mahdis. I consider them psychologically stressed or charlatans.

Yesterday, i.e., this Friday, we had huge demonstrations and some rioting in many cities. But that is OK. States which have BJP Governments, know how to deal with the miscreants.

Last edited:

ronki23

How does it matter to me? I am a strong atheist and an orthodox Hindu. I neither believe in existence of Gods and Goddesses, nor in prophets, sons, messengers, manifestations, mahdis. I consider them psychologically stressed or charlatans.

Yesterday, i.e., this Friday, we had huge demonstrations and some rioting in many cities. But that is OK. States which have BJP Governments, know how to deal with the miscreants.

What exactly did each person say to lead to this suspension?

Aupmanyav

Be your own guru
It is only a public gesture. As a bjp supporter, I do not think she has done anything wrong. She replied to derogatory remarks about Lord Shiva the same way people who made it. It is tit for tat. Muslims and Islamic nations are ganging up and trying to browbeat India. We would not let that happen. We are taking care of the miscreants, some 227 have been arrested in UP state.

Actually, the Muslims are cross with bjp for these reasons
1. Possible inclusion of Uniform Civil Rights which will make Muslim personal laws redundant and reduce the power of Muslim clergy, 2. Citizenship (Amendment) Act (CAA , which eases migration of Hindus, Sikhs, Buddhists, Jains, Zoroastrians and Christians from Muslim countries where they are persecuted) 3. National Register of Citizens (NRC, for detection of illegal immigrants) and 4. National Population Register (NPR, listing of all Indian citizens). We face a huge illegal Bangladeshi migrants crisis in Eastern India and elsewhere.When an Indian says huge, it means tens of million of illegal migrants.

If Hindu deities are insulted, then truth will be told: Pragya Thakur on Prophet row
Why Netherlands’ leading critic of Islam, Geert Wilders, is speaking out for Nupur Sharma

Last edited:

ronki23

It is only a public gesture. As a bjp supporter, I do not think she has done anything wrong. She replied to derogatory remarks about Lord Shiva the same way people who made it. It is tit for tat. Muslims and Islamic nations are ganging up and trying to browbeat India. We would not let that happen. We are taking care of the miscreants, some 227 have been arrested in UP state.

Actually, the Muslims are cross with bjp for these reasons
1. Possible inclusion of Uniform Civil Rights which will make Muslim personal laws redundant and reduce the power of Muslim clergy, 2. Citizenship (Amendment) Act (CAA , which eases migration of Hindus, Sikhs, Buddhists, Jains, Zoroastrians and Christians from Muslim countries where they are persecuted) 3. National Register of Citizens (NRC, for detection of illegal immigrants) and 4. National Population Register (NPR, listing of all Indian citizens). We face a huge illegal Bangladeshi migrants crisis in Eastern India and elsewhere.When an Indian says huge, it means tens of million of illegal migrants.

If Hindu deities are insulted, then truth will be told: Pragya Thakur on Prophet row
Why Netherlands’ leading critic of Islam, Geert Wilders, is speaking out for Nupur Sharma

What was said ?

Aupmanyav

Be your own guru
What was said ?
If you are asking what was the provocative remark on Lord Shiva or what exactly Nupur Sharma said, Indian law does not permit media to repeat it for the reason that these remarks may inflame the situation, so I really do not know, except that something which people considered inflammatory was said.