• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Bhagavad Gita - Acharya's Commentaries

Yogi1054

Shakti
I'm trying to get my hands on the following Achraya's Commentaries on the Bhagavad Gita (in English/printed ) can anyone recommend where I can start to look?
  1. A Commentary on the Bhagavad Gita by Nimbarkacharya Gitatattvaprakashika i
  2. Vallabhacharya commentary on the Gita Tattvadeepika
  3. Jayatirtha's commentary on the Gita
  4. Raghavendratirtha's commentary on the Gita
Thankyou !

shivsomashekhar

I'm trying to get my hands on the following Achraya's Commentaries on the Bhagavad Gita (in English/printed ) can anyone recommend where I can start to look?
  1. A Commentary on the Bhagavad Gita by Nimbarkacharya Gitatattvaprakashika i
  2. Vallabhacharya commentary on the Gita Tattvadeepika
  3. Jayatirtha's commentary on the Gita
  4. Raghavendratirtha's commentary on the Gita
Thankyou !

shivsomashekhar

I could be wrong, but I am not aware of English translations of any of the above.

Sanskrit commentaries of Jayatirtha and Vallabha can be found online at the Gita super site.

Yogi1054

Shakti
I could be wrong, but I am not aware of English translations of any of the above.

Sanskrit commentaries of Jayatirtha and Vallabha can be found online at the Gita super site.
Good morning

Many thanks for taking the time to get back to me! I can feel like. crash course in Sanskrit is needed!

Aupmanyav

Be your own guru
Many thanks for taking the time to get back to me! I can feel like. crash course in Sanskrit is needed!
I learnt what little Sanskrit I know in three months with one hour personal teaching. My teacher thought that I knew enough to start talking in Sanskrit (Of course, I do not think he was correct :)). Then, somehow, I did not continue it. I started late, but perhaps you can do it better. It is not difficult. Ramah Ramou Ramaha.