• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Beyond this election :) - a letter for all the people who haven't liked my posts

Riders

To all my friends and pseudo-family at RF

Ultimately, it really doesn't matter to me who is next up to bat as the President of this beautiful United States.

For me, 38 years ago I voted for Jesus in my life. For me, He isn't up for reelection, He is still on the throne, He will have the ultimate say so, He will be with me through thick and thin, through peace and difficulty, He will never leave me nor forsake me.

This presidency is temporal, the next one will be too. My earth-life is temporal and the one to come eternal (assuming I am correct in my faith :) which I am, of course ). This world as we see it is temporal.

I am sure you believe the same in the faith that you have;.

So I love the humor in "how to eat a donkey". To all those who added humor to that thread you understand my perspective. After January 20th or so, we will wake up and the sun will be shining even if it is above the clouds, rain-storms and snowy-storms.

Let's not take this election so personal, there should be no "we have to heal the nation" because we should have never taken it so personal in the first place.

May the peace of God rule over your hearts, may forgiveness reign every moment of your life, may joy be your strength every day, and may love rule in every effort.

Have yourself a God-filled day,

Ken

Yes I agree. Before when I thought Trump was winning I put something like this up to. I said it doesn't matter if Trump wins because he is not my God nor my savior, God is in control not Trump and things end up the wya they are because is in charge. Ill say the same about Biden is neither my king or Lord or Savior.

I hope he will do a better job then Trump. But regardless, I do not look to politicians to solve my problems, I look to God, God is control!!!!!!!!1

However sense there is a spiritual message here I will add. On the dark side, I do believe there are evil powerful corrupt Politicians in both the Democrat and Republican side. therefore there are dark forces in our country at work.

I do not believe it is one party or the other. My Republican sister thanks Republican politicians are perfect holy Christians. They are not neither are Dems, there is corruption in the white house.

all I can do is pray and look to God. Biden can not save me or fix it only God can.

I am freaked out about some stuff that's been going on but like I said I just need to turn to God, that's all we can do is choose our spiritual life. I've had panick attacks over stuff going on. I just need to pray.........prayer works.

Riders

I think you've handled yourself well considering the number of debate opponents.

But anyway...

I think with all the fluff about Biden being better at this or that, he still hasn't been President. He may very well face a few of the same challenges as Trump. And I do have something to celebrate - it's, I'm not the one running the country.

I wanted him to win because I wanted Trump out. However I am Libertarian and I am not convinced yet that Biden will much of a better job then Trump, I hope he does, I hope he serves well.

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber
Ok... no problem here... but it really doesn't help me as to "what" is it that makes things worse now than before. What is it that Trump did that made it worse?

Did media give a false representation?

Log Cabin Republicans chair: LGBT Americans belong in Donald Trump's Republican Party
While Democrats take the lesbian and gay community for granted, Donald Trump's Republican Party is delivering real results.

LGBT rights: Donald Trump's inclusive record good for Republican Party
Trump discarded gains in trans rights. He's not inclusive. He forbid the CDC from even using the words transgender and transexual. He rescended Obama-era bathroom policies and ability to join the military. Amd don't forget how he is a dear of the Religious Right who demands they have the right to discriminate against us.
**** on Republicans and their idea of "inclusive policy."

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber
I wanted him to win because I wanted Trump out. However I am Libertarian and I am not convinced yet that Biden will much of a better job then Trump, I hope he does, I hope he serves well.
His abysmally lower rate of twits already means he's doing better. Automatically.

Because:

1. The president can't control all the people in 50 states
  2. The president can't wave a wand and it disappears (but he can fast-track a vaccine which he did)
  3. You can't "eradicate" a virus
Biden hasn't given a better plan, as a matter of fact his view was“The pandemic has unleashed familiar forces of hate, fear and xenophobia that he always flames … that have always existed in this society,” Biden said. “But this president brought it with him, has brought with it a new rash of racial messages, verbal and physical attacks and other acts of hate, some subtle, some overt, against the Asian American and Pacific Islanders.”

Biden was one of the top Democrats and leftists who denounced Trump’s banning travel to and from China, where the virus originated, U.S. intelligence officials believe, in a poorly-run lab in Wuhan.

Hind sight is always better but at the time... it was like a football coach just trying to make the best call.
Wow, Donald Trump has really pulled a fast one on you here. If you think his response to the pandemic is a success, I would sure hate to see what failure looks like.

Donald Trump cannot control the virus or the pace of a vaccine. This is true. What he can control is the public health message to the public and the formulation of a federal plan / resources to coordinate states in addressing the virus.

Trump has failed miserably at this. Biden wrote an op-Ed waaaaay back in February about the dangers of the virus. Donald Trump was the most important person, and also the very last person it seems, to take it seriously and declare a public emergency in March.

Shutting down travel from China was fine but that was far too little too late - the virus was already raging in Italy and there was already evidence of community spread in the US by then. Trump spent four crucial weeks lying to his supporters and “downplaying” the virus, which he admitted to Bob Woodward in private. Spinning a positive story and wishing for the best may work in Trump’s real estate deals (or not, if you ask his lenders) but it was a horrible failure with a virus. A virus just mindlessly does what it will, and none of Trump’s bull**** can alter that. As a man, Trump was uniquely unsuited to this crisis.

In fact there were very few cases in the US transmitted from China. Trump, as always, took the easy way out and hoped for the best - he was in a trade war with China anyway, and he likes to blame and punish China. It wasn’t until late March that Trump admitted - contradicting his earlier public statements - “this is not the flu”.

The he spent the Next. Eight. Months. Spreading misinformation and encouraging super-spreader events for the virus. He literally made jokes about Biden for wearing a mask in ****October****! Then he held super spreader events creating an outbreak at the White House and got ***himself*** needlessly infected.

Donald Trump is a unique individual in America. He has the most access to information, most resources, most power to do good to fight the pandemic. And he has chosen to use that platform to kneecap our efforts to get people to wear masks and such. These were unforced errors.

Meanwhile heading into the election Trump literally had NO PLAN for reopening the economy safely. I say again: NO. PLAN. He has been promoting this guy Atlas, who is unqualified and believes in the “herd immunity” approach to the virus. That is literally the approach that leads to the over quarter million deaths we have now - the worst mass casualty even in our nations history.

Biden has an extensive plan involving mobilizing a large number of contact tracers. Go read about it for yourself. He and others have been begging Trump to take this seriously for eight long months.

Again, if you think Trump has been successful in handling COVID, I sure would hate to see what “failure” looks like.

Last edited:

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber
Meanwhile heading into the election Trump literally had NO PLAN for reopening the economy safely. I say again: NO. PLAN. He has been promoting this guy Atlas, who is unqualified and believes in the “herd immunity” approach to the virus. That is literally the approach that leads to the over quarter million deaths we have now - the worst mass casualty even in our nations history.
Really, we'd have more deaths but the half-assed responses from some and with those who are doing their part to reduce the spread likely kept us having a lower death rate. If we'd all just jumped out in shark infested waters I have no doubts we would have topped 300,000 a while ago.
What part of "deadly disease that is extremely contagious" do these people not get?

Really, we'd have more deaths but the half-assed responses from some and with those who are doing their part to reduce the spread likely kept us having a lower death rate. If we'd all just jumped out in shark infested waters I have no doubts we would have topped 300,000 a while ago.
What part of "deadly disease that is extremely contagious" do these people not get?
They got caught in an infinite loop. The Dear Leader originally reacted by saying we had 18 cases and they were going down rapidly, and this is just the flu. All this concern over the virus was the liberal media concocting a story just to damage the greatest President since Lincoln.

Dear Leader can’t be wrong, media can’t be right. So the horrific fact pattern had to be continually downplayed, denied, or at least delayed in acceptance.

This truly does come from one man’s narcissism and millions of pathetic enablers. It’s that simple. That’s why they don’t like masks. Masks are a visible reminder that the Chosen One was wrong. They would rather put fingers in their ears and shut their eyes and hope for the best, than admit they were wrong eight ****ing months ago and troubleshoot this disastrous problem.