• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Beyond burgers and beyond fried chicken.

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber
As you say.... Do I really need to explain that?"

However what is fast food?
A word. And not a guarantee. Like Arby's. We made a lot of things to order, needed time to slice the roast beef, and it wasn't necessarily fast, especially when busy. We understood this. Customers often didn't, even when it was slow and we hadn't made anything like chicken or fish yet so they didn't get wasted.

Father Heathen

Veteran Member
As you say.... Do I really need to explain that?"

However what is fast food?
Fast food doesn't mean magically instantaneous. Sometimes the service just sucks, sure, but sometimes there are legitimate reasons for a delay, especially if business is slow. They typically prepare orders fresh to avoid waste until the customer flow picks up. Unless it's a habitual occurrence, Being a "Karen" isn't helpful.

We Never Know

No Slack
A word. And not a guarantee. Like Arby's. We made a lot of things to order, needed time to slice the roast beef, and it wasn't necessarily fast, especially when busy. We understood this. Customers often didn't, even when it was slow and we hadn't made anything like chicken or fish yet so they didn't get wasted.

I was a teen once working fast food many years ago.
When you go through the drive-thru and say order a quarter pounder at McD's or a Whopper at burger king, they don't pull it from the fridge, cook it and have it ready in the two minutes it takes to go from the drive-thru order box to the pickup window.

Most of it is pre-cooked, setting under a warmer ready to be put together how its ordered. That's why its fast food.

We Never Know

No Slack
Fast food doesn't mean magically instantaneous. Sometimes the service jist sucks, but sometimes there are legitimate reasons for a delay, especially if business is slow. They typically orders fresh to avoid waste until the customer flow picks up. Unless it's a habitual occurrence, Being a "Karen" isn't helpful.

When you go through the drive-thru and say order a quarter pounder at McD's or a Whopper at burger king, they don't pull it from the fridge, cook it and have it ready in the two minutes it takes to go from the drive-thru order box to the pickup window.

Most of it is pre-cooked, setting under a warmer ready to be put together how its ordered. That's why its fast food.

Now go to pizza hit and order a pizza, its prepared when you order and cooked then ready in 15 minutes.

Father Heathen

Veteran Member

Yeah, no ****. That's what I was explaining to you. If business is slow they're not going to have pre-prepped food because it would be wasteful.

We Never Know

No Slack
Yeah, no ****. That's what I was explaining to you. If business is slow they're not going to have pre-prepped food because it would be wasteful.

McD's and BK for example start cooking lunch food to put under the warmers at 10:00. Thats why they stop/limit breakfast items at that time lol

Father Heathen

Veteran Member

And what happened to the food items that sat beneath the warmer for an X amount of time without getting purchased? They got tossed, which costed the company.

Father Heathen

Veteran Member
Again
McD's and BK for example start cooking lunch food to put under the warmers at 10:00. Thats why they stop/limit breakfast items at that time lol
Again, no ****. The transitional period is right before lunch and is not typically slow, so pre-prepped food is very unlikely to go to waste.

Father Heathen

Veteran Member
You just proved my point. Good night :p:D

See your post #71....
"pre-prepped food is very unlikely to go to waste."

:p:Do_O

instead of taking It out of context, read the whole thing. " The transitional period is right before lunch and is not typically slow, so pre-prepped food is very unlikely to go to waste.

When business is slow and the pre-prepped food isn't getting purchased, it gets tossed after setting under the warmer for so long, thus does go to waste.

How the **** are you struggling with this?

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber

So? Stuff still happens. It's called fast food, but people aren't magic and it can't always be ready right away. They aren't paid enough to break their backs to meet your instantaneous expectations, especially when the assumptions fly when you don't know what's up.

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber
See your post #71....
"pre-prepped food is very unlikely to go to waste."

:p:Do_O
Iew. Yes, it does go bad. See, they have these things called "holding times," and after that food isn't as good and it's illegal to serve food paste its holding time. It must be wasted. If they aren't busy it's wasteful to just have food holding. And wasting food will quickly jack up the costs of business.

Suave

Simulated character
Please let us consider cow farts as being very wasteful, if more people would eat the Impossible Whopper in lieu of a Beef Whopper, there'd be less ranch farming of cows releasing global warming methane gas.

Screenshot-2020-07-15-11.00.53-400x141.png

oldbadger

Skanky Old Mongrel!
Besides several burger chains making beyond burgers made from plants,,, KFC has now came out with beyond fried chicken made from plants.

My question is why does anyone want their plant food to look like burgers or fried chicken?

I just don't get it.

What we can see affects our opinions, feelings, and especially our systems like blood pressure and flow, our indigestion systems, levels of salivation.....and a lot more.

So if somebody has developed a veggie-version of chicken, duck, high-plains buffalo or whatever, it will actually make a difference to most people if it looks 'appetising'.

oldbadger

Skanky Old Mongrel!
Please let us consider cow farts as being very wasteful, if more people would eat the Impossible Whopper in lieu of a Beef Whopper, there'd be less ranch farming of cows releasing global warming methane gas.

If somebody has produced a veggie-whopper then I would definitely try it.

I wish somebody would produce a veggie-salmon, poached (that's simmered in hot water, not nicked) then that would make my day. :D