• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Beyond burgers and beyond fried chicken.

Suave

Simulated character
I went to taco bell last week. Ordered three crunchy and three soft tacos.
Now the lobby was closed and I was the only on in the drive-thru.
I got to the window and paid. I was then told to pull over to a designated parking spot because my order would take a while(there were four employees inside that I could see).
I said really? Six tacos will take a while? They said sir you need to pull over and wait.
I said no you need to give me my money back so I can go somewhere else.

I went to pizza hut instead

That's inexcusable service they rendered to you, I am so glad I sold all my shares of Yum Brand foods.

JustGeorge

Not As Much Fun As I Look
Staff member
Premium Member
In my opinion when it comes to meat, alcohol, sex, etc. Why settle for a substitute that's similar but not the same?

As far as meat goes, I went vegetarian as a kid. The fact that I was eating a dead cow/chicken/pig, animals who I enjoyed, bothered me to the point of tears at least a few times a week. I could make the choice to try to convince myself to be okay with it, or I could stop eating it(which included a grounding at that age). At 12, I decided the grounding was worth it. I didn't stop eating meat because I found the taste objectionable, but the source. No one should have to face that kind of anxiety over their meal as I faced as a kid. I respect that you don't believe the substitute is worth it, but for many it is(obviously, or the industry would have dried up and blew away by now).

I personally wouldn't drink imitation beer, but my stepdad enjoyed it just to have a beer with friends once he could no longer drink(for medical reasons). It doesn't confuse me that perhaps some like the taste.

I can't answer anything about sex dolls. Don't know a thing about it, or anyone who admits to using them to possibly explain it. Maybe for some, its better than nothing?

JustGeorge

Not As Much Fun As I Look
Staff member
Premium Member
One thing that always confused me was the assumption that all vegetarians live a healthy lifestyle...

Years ago, I told someone at work that I was a vegetarian, and had been so since childhood, and she said "wow! You must have a really healthy lifestyle!" I kinda chuckled at her and said "when I clock out, I'm going home to have a slice of cake and a glass of gin, and probably sit down and play some video games. How healthy is that for you?"

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber
That's inexcusable service they rendered to you, I am so glad I sold all my shares of Yum Brand foods.
How do we even know this? Did they have to make the meat? We don't know.
Being eager to blame food service workers for things they can't control is why nobody wants to work those jobs, especially aince they all have crap pay.

Suave

Simulated character
How do we even know this? Did they have to make the meat? We don't know.
Being eager to blame food service workers for things they can't control is why nobody wants to work those jobs, especially aince they all have crap pay.

From the help wanted ads I've seen, fast food workers at BK around here are now being offered $14/hour. I remember back in 1986, I was earning less than $4/hour as a fast food worker. I never recall having to make any customer park their car out of line away from the drive thru service window in order to wait for their order. We always made sure we had enough beef patties and fries in the freezer, pickles, lettuce, tomatoes and onions in the refrigerator, sandwich buns, mayo, mustard, and ketchup in the slightly chilled pantry way. We also made sure our broiler and fry vats were well maintained and in working order. The only problem we seemed to have sometimes was with the shake machine breaking down. Of course, I realize there are staffing and supply shortages nowadays in our post pandemic economy.

11489-1109.jpg

Last edited:

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber
From the help wanted ads I've seen, fast food workers at BK around here are now being offered $14/hour. I remember back in 1986, I was earning less than $4/hour as a fast food worker. I never recall having to make any customer park their car out of line away from the drive thru service window in order to wait for their order. We always made sure we had enough beef patties and fries in the freezer, pickles, lettuce, tomatoes and onions in the refrigerator, sandwich buns, mayo, mustard, and ketchup in the slightly chilled pantry way. We also made sure our broiler and fry vats were well maintained and in working order. The only problem we seemed to have sometimes was with the shake machine breaking down. Of course, I realize there are staffing and supply shortages nowadays in our post pandemic economy.

So, why the patronizing tone? You didn't work there during a time dubbed the Great Resignation. How many stores had the entire staff walk out when you worked there?
And you know what? I had to turn customers away at Arbys because we ran out of roast beef. Not our fault, day shift didn't make any, but we were the ones who had to bear that on nights.
You don't know what was going on. But we do know these aren't full time positions, and at 20 hours a week 14 an hour only comes out to $7.50 an hour for the same pay with a full time job

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber
Taco bell, McD's, Burger King, etc are fast food.
And? They pay poorly and give little hours, they contribute massively to food waste, they're unsustainable, terribly unhealthy, amd society thinks it's acceptable to use food service workers as verbal punching bags.
Good riddance if it dies. It'll be all the more sweeter if it dies because the customers made it intolerable with the crap pay the corporate office decides to pay.

Suave

Simulated character
So, why the patronizing tone? You didn't work there during a time dubbed the Great Resignation. How many stores had the entire staff walk out when you worked there?
And you know what? I had to turn customers away at Arbys because we ran out of roast beef. Not our fault, day shift didn't make any, but we were the ones who had to bear that on nights.
You don't know what was going on. But we do know these aren't full time positions, and at 20 hours a week 14 an hour only comes out to $7.50 an hour for a full time job.

WOW!,I did not realize how much the fast food service industry has changed since 1986. ...:)

Last edited:

We Never Know

No Slack
And? They pay poorly and give little hours, they contribute massively to food waste, they're unsustainable, terribly unhealthy, amd society thinks it's acceptable to use food service workers as verbal punching bags.
Good riddance if it dies. It'll be all the more sweeter if it dies because the customers made it intolerable with the crap pay the corporate office decides to pay.

The could all close, I don't care. But as long as they are open, satisfy the customers.
My post about taco bell happened at 12:30. They open at eleven. They should have been ready for the lunch crowd,,,that would only be drive up since the lobby was closed.
And again I was the only one in the drive up.