• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Beyond burgers and beyond fried chicken.

We Never Know

No Slack
No, but from what I remember, you don't care for vegetables, so why would you?

I'd say the vast majority of vegetarians don't give up meat due to dislike of taste, but rather health or ethical reasons. Eating something that looks like what they're familiar with may appeal to them.

Great memory!
I do not like veggies so my meat will never look or taste like veggies.

Which is why I say if people don't like meat, why make plants that look and taste like meat o_O

JustGeorge

Not As Much Fun As I Look
Staff member
Premium Member
if people don't like meat

I'm trying to explain to you(and I think doing a poor job) is that many people who went vegetarian enjoyed the taste of meat. They didn't make a choice based on them finding it 'yucky', otherwise, yes, it would make no sense.

I'd say the majority of people who go vegetarian or just cut back on meat do so for health reasons or ethical reasons. Eating the 'fake meat' gives them something close to the taste, texture, look, and smell of meat, so they can enjoy something similar without the repercussions, either to their health or without it violating their ethics.

VoidCat

Pronouns: he/him/they/them
Great memory! I do not like veggies so my meat will never look or taste like veggies.

Which is why I say if people don't like meat, why make plants that look and taste like meat o_O
Im not a vegetarian but seeing as I tried the impossible burger and it was good...
Maybe they just make it look and taste like meat cuz it's good! I mean it don't really taste 100% like meat anyway but it is good

We Never Know

No Slack
I'm trying to explain to you(and I think doing a poor job) is that many people who went vegetarian enjoyed the taste of meat. They didn't make a choice based on them finding it 'yucky', otherwise, yes, it would make no sense.

I'd say the majority of people who go vegetarian or just cut back on meat do so for health reasons or ethical reasons. Eating the 'fake meat' gives them something close to the taste, texture, look, and smell of meat, so they can enjoy something similar without the repercussions, either to their health or without it violating their ethics.

Its likely having sex with a sex doll. Its close but not the same lol :D

VoidCat

For the record I never tried them. But know people that have.
It's like how folk make turkey burgers. My grandma eats them cuz she's allergic to beef. They are burgers but taste different from cow meat yet no one complains. Plant burger is a burger but it don't taste like a beef burger. I actually prefer turkey burgers over beef burgers. Plant burgers don't know where to rank them only had it once but to me it's a different type of burger rather then not a burger

JustGeorge

Not As Much Fun As I Look
Staff member
Premium Member
Its likely having sex with a sex doll. Its close but not the same lol :D

I wouldn't know!

Honestly, I've only met one person that quit eating meat because they didn't like it, and that was my husband. He does like veggie burgers, and for the same reason a lot of meat eaters say they don't like it: "It doesn't taste like meat." So, fine for him.

Suave

Simulated character
To have a burger when you don't want meat? I haven't had Habit Burger's Impossible Burger yet, but the Burger King one isn't bad. Not good, and no match for the real thing, but not bad.
How's the service for you at BK? Is your local BK short staffed causing you having to wait over five minutes to receive your order?

We Never Know

No Slack
It's like how folk make turkey burgers. My grandma eats them cuz she's allergic to beef. They are burgers but taste different from cow meat yet no one complains. Plant burger is a burger but it don't taste like a beef burger. I actually prefer turkey burgers over beef burgers. Plant burgers don't know where to rank them only had it once but to me it's a different type of burger rather then not a burger

I make chili with turkey sausage. Its awesome.

VoidCat

I make chili with turkey sausage. Its awesome.
Im not saying plant burgers taste like turkey burgers. Just that they are like turkey burgers they aren't beef yet still a burger and is just another flavor to me. But I've had turkey chili. Like I said grandma is allergic to beef due to a tick bite. Call alpha gal allergy. So i got hooked on turkey meat and eating lots of chicken in place of beef and pork both which she's allergic to

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber
I like deer burgers. Still a burger, but different flavor than a beef burger.

Father Heathen

Veteran Member
Besides several burger chains making beyond burgers made from plants,,, KFC has now came out with beyond fried chicken made from plants.

My question is why does anyone want their plant food to look like burgers or fried chicken?

I just don't get it.
Health, environmental, and/or ethical reasons?

We Never Know

No Slack
How's the service for you at BK? Is your local BK short staffed causing you having to wait over five minutes to receive your order?

I went to taco bell last week. Ordered three crunchy and three soft tacos.
Now the lobby was closed and I was the only on in the drive-thru.
I got to the window and paid. I was then told to pull over to a designated parking spot because my order would take a while(there were four employees inside that I could see).
I said really? Six tacos will take a while? They said sir you need to pull over and wait.
I said no you need to give me my money back so I can go somewhere else.

I went to pizza hut instead

Last edited: