• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Beyond burgers and beyond fried chicken.

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
It was a favorite back when I was a vegan, though it got tiresome to explain to the sandwich makers that I actually wanted them to put vegetables on the vegetable sandwich... 3 black olive pieces isn't going to cut it.

I knew someone who worked there, and unless the customer requests more, they are to put the abosolute minimum on the sandwiches.
At Subways throughout the country, I've always found
them willing to put on extras that I wanted, eg, tomatoes,
jalapenos, olives. They've been so good about it that
I started leaving the change for them. (For me that is
unheard of generous.)

JustGeorge

Not As Much Fun As I Look
Staff member
Premium Member
At Subways throughout the country, I've always found
them willing to put on extras that I wanted, eg, tomatoes,
jalapenos, olives. They've been so good about it that
I started leaving the change for them. (For me that is
unheard of generous.)

They're willing. It just takes a lot of nagging here.

Its pushed me into the arms of Pita Pit for the most part.

anna.

but mostly it's the same
The could all close, I don't care. But as long as they are open, satisfy the customers.
My post about taco bell happened at 12:30. They open at eleven. They should have been ready for the lunch crowd,,,that would only be drive up since the lobby was closed.
And again I was the only one in the drive up.

I'll bet they weren't disappointed when you drove away. : )

anna.

but mostly it's the same
So you prefer your animal meat to not look like any animal in existence, why?

I couldn't eat it otherwise. I want no reminder of what it was. I'm not proud of that, either.

Eventually I think I'll end up being a vegetarian like my son.

anna.

but mostly it's the same
I agree. When I was a kid, at family gatherings, someone would throw a veggie burger on the grill for me, and it was no big hassle.

Now, my husband and two of my three kids are vegetarian, my sister's family of four is vegetarian, Dad is vegetarian... its still pretty easy, though! Some have patties of this, others have patties of that, but they can all be thrown on a bun and eaten.

I always keep veggie burgers and other options in the freezer for when my son drops by, so I always have something to give him no matter what I'm eating.

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
Maybe I need a Revoltingest mask next time I go in...
Here ya go!
simpsons-groundskeeper-willie-mask.jpg

oldbadger

Skanky Old Mongrel!
Quorn do "fish fillets" in crispy batter. They're aren't too bad.

Quorn Battered Fishless Fillets

I've saw something like those yesterday in my local supermarket. I went looking for veggie displays and there was a chilled and a frozen display. The products are all more expensive than the real items at the moment. I look forward to veggie meat and fish dishes getting closer in taste etc, and hopefully less expensive. That's not going to take long.

anna.

but mostly it's the same

Wow, that's awesome, such a small world, thank you! I knew, as soon as you said it was by Balboa park, what it had to be. : )

I used to drive past it regularly because for a year I lived just blocks away, and the couple times I had the time to stop, I hesitated because of the odd drive-thru set-up and on that one way street there's not much time for hesitation. Thanks again, definitely going to get together with my son and give it a try. Thanks again!

Jack11

Veggie burgers are one of the most highly processed foods in the industry they are not healthy processed foods are to be avoided

beenherebeforeagain

Rogue Animist
Premium Member
Wow, that's awesome, such a small world, thank you! I knew, as soon as you said it was by Balboa park, what it had to be. : )

I used to drive past it regularly because for a year I lived just blocks away, and the couple times I had the time to stop, I hesitated because of the odd drive-thru set-up and on that one way street there's not much time for hesitation. Thanks again, definitely going to get together with my son and give it a try. Thanks again!
Now remember, this was one burger going on 8 years ago now, so I can't guarantee current quality...but man was it good...