• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Best PlayStation 1 and 2 games

PoetPhilosopher

Veteran Member
There was a really good Harvest Moon game for PlayStation 2, but sadly, I don't remember the name of it. It was cel-shaded.

McBell

Resident Sourpuss
Monster_Rancher_1_(game_box_cover_art).jpg

Although it is possible to acquire a monster in-game, the series is known for the ability to acquire new monsters using Compact Discs (CDs). Players can use any readable CD, and the game creates a monster using the CD's metadata.[6] Certain CDs would result in unique monsters: for example, Tecmo's Deception gives the player Ardebaran, a villain from that game,[7] and some Christmas music albums will give the player a monster of type "Santa".

Koldo

Outstanding Member
Dynasty Warriors 4

Final Fantasy 7 & 9

Metal Gear Franchise

Shadow of the Colossus

I see you make no mention of FF 8 and 10. Other than the combat system, which was quite a hassle, I actually liked 8 more than 7.

Personally, I consider 9 and 10 the best of the series (although I have never finished 13, nor played anything past 13).

Erebus

Timesplitters 1-3 on the PS2.

I played the hell out of all three games both solo and with friends. The map editor in particular was an amazing feature, particularly in 2 and 3. We used to make single player missions for each other all the time.

vulcanlogician

I see you make no mention of FF 8 and 10. Other than the combat system, which was quite a hassle, I actually liked 8 more than 7.

Personally, I consider 9 and 10 the best of the series (although I have never finished 13, nor played anything past 13).

FF10 is another fave of mine. It just didn't make the list. The combat is shallow once you come to understand how it works. This isn't true of FF9.

Koldo

Outstanding Member
FF10 is another fave of mine. It just didn't make the list. The combat is shallow once you come to understand how it works. This isn't true of FF9.

Isn't the combat also shallow in FF7? I legit can't remember all that well. As far as I remember, the most remarkable fights happened in FF4.

Soandso

ᛋᛏᚨᚾᛞ ᛋᚢᚱᛖ
Some of the PS1 games I played a lot of:

Final Fantasy anthology - especially FF5
Final Fantasy 7
Tony Hawks Pro Skater 1&2
Tenchu (Fromsoft ftw)
Armored Core
Tekken
Resident Evil 2
Twisted Metal 1&2
Whatever demos came on the PlayStation magazine disc

Some of my favorite PS2 games:

Shadow of the Colossus
Champions of Norath
Champions: Return to Arms
Baldur's gate: Dark Alliance 1&2
EverQuest Online Adventures
Monster Hunter
Katamari
Gauntlet: Dark Legacy
Armored Core 2
Mechwarrior 2 (but I played the PC version more after getting a PC)

Twilight Hue

Twilight, not bright nor dark, good nor bad.
I remember all the fun I had with the theme park series along with theme hospital.

They were geniuses back in the day.

Games worked mostly and the creativity and challenges were top tier quality.

Now today it seems developers and publishers don't know how to program anymore and make a compelling working complete game for the greater part.