• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Best...or worst...religious jokes

Rachel Rugelach

Shalom, y'all.
Staff member
Premium Member
Inspired by the debate thread on Christmas trees (pro vs con), I present this in memory of Lenny Bruce's Jewish vs Goyish routine:

Reindeer: Goyish
Moose: Jewish

EGZetlE.jpg

"Mitzvah Moose" discovered at Michael's craft store. The antlers light up by battery.

Heyo

Veteran Member
Inspired by the debate thread on Christmas trees (pro vs con), I present this in memory of Lenny Bruce's Jewish vs Goyish routine:

Reindeer: Goyish
Moose: Jewish

EGZetlE.jpg

"Mitzvah Moose" discovered at Michael's craft store. The antlers light up by battery.
Obviously made by goys. It has eight lights!

ChristineM

"Be strong", I whispered to my coffee.
Premium Member
True story.

When at uni in Manchester i was staying in digs in an extremely insalubrious area.

The local church put up a sign saying.

Jesus saves fallen women.​

Underneath someone had written in thick marker pen.

Ask him to save one for me

ChristineM

Premium Member
A Christian guy saw an advertisement online for a Christian horse. Just what he wanted so he went to check it out.

The horse’s owner said, “she's easy to ride. Just say ‘Praise the Lord!’ to make her go and ‘Amen!’ to make her stop.” The guy mounted the horse and said, “Praise the Lord!”, the horse started to walk. “Praise the Lord!” he said again, and the horse began to trot. “Praise the Lord! Praise the Lord!” he yelled, and the horse broke into a gallop. He was enjoying his ride so much that he didn’t notice the cliff he and the horse were about to go over until the last moment. He shouted “AMEN!” at the top of his lungs, and the horse stopped right at the edge of the cliff.

Gasping with relief he shouted, “Phew! Praise the Lord!”

Rachel Rugelach

Shalom, y'all.
Staff member
Premium Member
A Christian guy saw an advertisement online for a Christian horse. Just what he wanted so he went to check it out.

The horse’s owner said, “she's easy to ride. Just say ‘Praise the Lord!’ to make her go and ‘Amen!’ to make her stop.” The guy mounted the horse and said, “Praise the Lord!”, the horse started to walk. “Praise the Lord!” he said again, and the horse began to trot. “Praise the Lord! Praise the Lord!” he yelled, and the horse broke into a gallop. He was enjoying his ride so much that he didn’t notice the cliff he and the horse were about to go over until the last moment. He shouted “AMEN!” at the top of his lungs, and the horse stopped right at the edge of the cliff.

Gasping with relief he shouted, “Phew! Praise the Lord!”

LOL! But the poor horse! :eek: If only the horse had stopped so suddenly that the rider flew forward and was ejected over the cliff.

That would be all right, then, in a cartoon Wile E. Coyote sort of way. Just as long as the horse was okay. :D

ChristineM

Premium Member
A priest, a minister, and a rabbi want to see who’s best at his job. So each one goes into the woods, finds a bear, and attempts to convert it.

Later when they got together to talk of their escapade the priest begins: “When I found the bear, I read to him from the catechism and sprinkled him with holy water. Next week is his first Communion."

The minister speaks next “I found a bear by the stream and preached God’s holy Word. The bear was so mesmerized that he let me baptize him.”

They both look down at the rabbi, who is lying on a gurney in a body cast. He says, “All things considered I shouldn’t have started with the circumcision.”

Rachel Rugelach

Shalom, y'all.
Staff member
Premium Member
I don't know whether we have any Bob's Burgers fans here, but the religious pun in this screen shot cracked me up.

(Every Bob's Burgers episode opens with a new business having taken over the empty shop on the right, and the new business sign is always some kind of pun.)

Rab-eyes.jpg

Jedster

This was a conversation I had last week between a Christian(a friend of mine who is a Christian and my self a Jew:
Friend: What is the shortest sentence?
Me: Well, what is it?
Friend: How odd of God to choose the Jews
Me: I know one shorter
Friend: So, tell me
Me: The Goyim annoy 'im

We both LOLed

Rachel Rugelach

Shalom, y'all.
Staff member
Premium Member
This was a conversation I had last week between a Christian(a friend of mine who is a Christian and my self a Jew:
Friend: What is the shortest sentence?
Me: Well, what is it?
Friend: How odd of God to choose the Jews
Me: I know one shorter
Friend: So, tell me
Me: The Goyim annoy 'im

We both LOLed

I've always loved that one, and I think that it's attributed to Leo Rosten, author of The Joys of Yiddish.

Here's another one:

Not news,
Not odd,
The Jews
Chose God.

It Aint Necessarily So

Veteran Member
Premium Member
Did you hear about the Zen master who asked the hot dog vendor to make him one with everything? This annoyed the vendor, so, when the Zen master requested change, the hot dog vendor told him that change must come from within.

============From Emo Philips:

I was walking across a bridge one day, and I saw a man standing on the edge, about to jump off. So I ran over and said, "Stop! don't do it!"

"Why shouldn't I?" he said.

I said, "Well, there's so much to live for!"

He said, "Like what?"

I said, "Well...are you religious or atheist?"

He said, "Religious."

I said, "Me too! Are you Christian or Buddhist?"

He said, "Christian."

I said, "Me too! Are you Catholic or Protestant?"

He said, "Protestant."

I said, "Me too! Are you Episcopalian or Baptist?"

He said, "Baptist!"

I said, "Wow! Me too! Are you Baptist Church of God or Baptist Church of the Lord?"

He said, "Baptist church of God!"

I said, "Me too! Are you original Baptist Church of God, or are you reformed Baptist Church of God?"

He said, "Reformed Baptist church of God!"

I said, "Me too! Are you Reformed Baptist Church of God, reformation of 1879, or Reformed Baptist Church of God, reformation of 1915?"

He said, "Reformed Baptist Church of God, reformation of 1915!"

I said, "Die, heretic scum", and pushed him off.