• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Best Modern Alt/Rock Bands

Best modern alt/rock bands? (if not on list, who?)

• AFI

Votes: 1 8.3%
  • Buckcherry

Votes: 2 16.7%
  • Wolfmother

• Panic! At the Disco

• The All-American Rejects

• Blue October

• Yeah Yeah Yeahs

Votes: 3 25.0%
  • Evanescence

Votes: 4 33.3%
  • Coheed and Cambria

• The Mars Volta

• My Chemical Romance

• Thrice

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Fall Out Boy

• Angels & Airwaves

• Flyleaf

• Total voters

ChrisP

Veteran Member
Genre bending does not a good band make... Maybe once uponatimealongtimeago RHCP were funk metal, but not since the early 90s would I agree with that.

Buttercup

Veteran Member
Gawwwwwd you two!

If Opeth were the last band left on earth I would pop my ear drums so that I could only feel the thump of the bass and percussion. THEN, I could live. :p

ChrisP

Veteran Member
Buttercup said:
Gawwwwwd you two!

If Opeth were the last band left on earth I would pop my ear drums so that I could only feel the thump of the bass and percussion. THEN, I could live. :p
They have a lot of albums, not all of them great.

I don't spose you've heard the Blackwater Park album? ;) Get back to me when you have.

NoahideHiker

Religious Headbanger
Buttercup said:
Gawwwwwd you two!

Hey, don't take chances. Go ahead and do it now just in case. LOL! Kidding of course. I would never judge you for your musical taste. Unless of course you ever said anything bad about Rammstein.

Buttercup

Veteran Member
ChrisP said:
They have a lot of albums, not all of them great.

I don't spose you've heard the Blackwater Park album? ;) Get back to me when you have.
That's the funniest thing I've heard all day, cos! If I can't stand them, why would I have any of their tunes, eh? :D

Months ago when you listened to them all the time I was curious and listened to 10 tunes or so because I usually like the same music as you do......sorry, but didn't like one sample. I tried, really I tried. :)

Buttercup

Veteran Member
NoahideHiker said:
Hey, don't take chances. Go ahead and do it now just in case. LOL! Kidding of course. I would never judge you for your musical taste. Unless of course you ever said anything bad about Rammstein.
I like Rammstein......praise the lord I can live. :p

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber
From that list, I like Buckcherry (they put on a great live show. The female crowd response from their song Crazy ***** is also great.;)), and I like Evanescense'es first album, but I cannot stand thier new one.

Lindsey-Loo

Steel Magnolia
From that list, I like Buckcherry (they put on a great live show. The female crowd response from their song Crazy ***** is also great.;)), and I like Evanescense'es first album, but I cannot stand thier new one.

Oh, I like the new one. I didn't even know about them until the new album. :D

Yes, according to my friends (not :rolleyes: ) on CDE Forums, I am not a true Evanescence fan...oh well, whatever. It's because the only songs I really like are Bring Me to Life and Call me when You're Sober.

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber
Yes, according to my friends (not :rolleyes: ) on CDE Forums, I am not a true Evanescence fan...oh well, whatever. It's because the only songs I really like are Bring Me to Life and Call me when You're Sober.
Thier is a big difference between thier first album Fallen, and whatever thier new one is called.